Interesting Maclean's article in light of Toronto Hemp Expo

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Please inform me if this has been posted (just got back from vacay, search told me nothing..), but I found this in Maclean's:

http://www2.macleans.ca/tag/portable-herb-vaporizer/

It's an interesting read, shows that vaporizers are finally getting some of the attention they deserve. Now I propose two questions:

1) Do you think the advent of 'smokeless' inhalation for the effects of cannabis could loosen laws on prohibition?

2) Do you think vaporizers should have less attention in order for authorities to have less knowledge of their appearance in public situations?

Personally, I could see laws arguing in favour of the 'medicinal' value of vaporizers which may lead to their exemption from prohibition. On the other hand, I heard there was a recent television special (or article or something) talking about vaporizers and how police were now watching for people inhaling on walkie-talkies (in the case of the Iolite :lol:) or other such methods. Do you think products such as the Magic Flight Box could lose their stealthy nature because police can easily identify them now?

mattybass,

gim

I think anything you can hide in a cup is stealthy enough to avoid unwanted attention unless you're being stupid.

I am all for more public knowledge about everything related to marijuana in general. The more informed the public is, the less demonized MJ can be. The less we act like it is a shameful, hidden act.. the more 'norml' it becomes.

gim,

Purple-Days

"in order for authorities to have less knowledge of their appearance in public situations?"

Sorry that cat is outta the bag.

I would guess there is a special agent at the DEA who's only job is to keep track of vaporizers and pass any and all info along to other law enforcers. A monthly bulletin with pictures and such sent to all law enforcement agencies...He's probably reading these words now. I bet FuckCombustion is a tremendous resource.

If not at the federal DEA level then some state agency or even a non-law enforcement do-gooder who collects info.

Maybe a right wing preacher reading these boards in an effort to save his flock. "Mothers and Fathers, it's your duty to search your children's bedrooms, for signs of Satan... why see here it's a DaBudda. SSSeeeeee what these dope fiends are peddling? A heathen religion, friends... not only does it lead straight to Heroin, it makes them worship at the shrine of false idols. They are going straight to Hell~!!!" :2c:

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom