Discontinued Inhalater INH05/5S/6

OMEiAM

Hi everyone,

Please rest assured the AIR CAPSULES are an extra perk that were added to your contribution acting as a goodwill, it does not replace the AERO CAPSULES, which will be shipped shortly at no extra shipping cost with the rest of the remaining perks.

Thank you all for your constant support and patience.
So what is the difference between the air and aero capsules? Also, is there any news on when the water tool adapter will be up for sale?

OMEiAM,

Country-Mac

Had to come back and say, "WOW." That is all.

But for real, I just gave my newest piece of kit her maiden voyage and I'm pretty blown away (in the best of sorts). The heat-up time was the first thing I noticed. I have no numbers on my power knob, so I can't speak quantitatively, but in much less than a minute my power light turned solid and it was ready to go.

I was at first worried about the size of the chamber being too large, but I like to put in a little piece of cotton, herb, then another bit of cotton to keep my devices clean. This means the larger chamber really just lets me make my bowl any size depending on my amount of cotton.

It's really humid and rainy where I am today, so I can't be certain about cloud size, but the hits were great. The hits could get a little hot near the end when I worked the temp up, but hopefully the forthcoming aero capsule will help!

I've had a pax and airizer solo, and currently have a haze-dual bowl, mflb, and pinnacle pro, and this is right there with them. I'm going to test it some more, and hopefully I will have a video for everyone soon. Suffice it to say I'm impressed.

ElPic

Take my money
So what is the difference between the air and aero capsules? Also, is there any news on when the water tool adapter will be up for sale?
I think the air is the one we got with the unit that is a regular one with a hole drill on the side.
And the aero is the adjustable one we see on indigogo and on the picture you post saturday.
You can close the aero at the begining of the session and open it near the end of the session when you climb up the temp of the unit.

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
The BarnBoy on the Inhalater05 –vs- PNP…
When my PNP collar cracked, TRVB was MIA on the forum and his CS was nearly non-existant, I broke down and signed up for the Indegogo offer on the Inhalaer05. After months of waiting and yet another PNP failure, the Inhalater05 finally arrived this last Saturday. So what you will find below are some comparisons to the PNP. Stay tuned…

OK, up front, the BarnBoy is pro-PNP since the day he bought it. He has published numerous articles from basic maintenance, how to keep the bullets spotless, PNP car chargers and many other helpful ideas. So those that don’t know the BarnBoy, you will find most of his posts are within the PNP thread. And thus this post will be found in both the Inhalater05 and PNP threads… (no PNP –vs- Inh05 thread)

Something very important that I learned in all of this is to have multiple vaporizers! Every time I think I am going to retire my Steinel and glass bulb setup, the PNP would fail. Previously it was with the cracked top collar that was fixed by TheYoyoKid1. I think we are all beyond the cracked PNP issues. But it appears as though there is a sudden increase of the symptom of the PNP being turned on to any setting and in 10 seconds the temperature indicates it has been reached; yet the PNP is stone cold to touch! I too am a victim. And in less than a weeks’ time, I have my new replacement PNP thanks to VaporBlunt Dave. Sorry @ashingtray I have had good luck…

The Inh05 and PNP are nearly identical-twins of different mothers in many ways, but WAY different in others. So what I plan to do is cover some major points of interest in a portable vape and discuss how the Inh05 and PNP compare. Feel free to ask if you have something particular in mind that I missed…

BarnBoy on size…
Like I have said many times before, the PNP is very stealthy. But the Inh05 is smaller in girth and length, depending upon the configuration. With the cap snapped on the end and a hygienic straw attached, the Inh05 is much taller than a PNP. I measure the Inh05 to be:
7.5cm Circumference (8.7cm at ribs) –vs- PNP 9.0cm
12.1cm Length without capsule (body only)
14.3cm Length with capsule
14.5cm Length with cap over capsule
16.6cm Length with cap & capsule

aSmDuzp.jpg

2yHsLcO.jpg

BarnBoy on power interface…
I hate to admit, but the 3.1mm barrel connector on the PNP isn’t rated for 3A. And I found that this interface gets bad over time and use. It is very exposed and gets knocked about a lot. The little wire that makes contact with the negative on the supply (outside barrel) will lose connection causing the PNP to fail, give error lights and/or stall a session. This is very frustrating when you are trying to get friends to convert from combustion and all they see is how long it takes to get a session going with an expensive device…

The Inh05 uses a standard USB Micro-B cable, and thus a standard USB charger. I’m not so sure the charger I received is good as it has been a few days and the Inh05 charger light doesn’t turn off (12+ hours of continuous charging!). Plus I have run out of power mid-sessions where the unit is unable to heat. So for now I will defer battery and operation time as I don’t see the 90 minutes that was advertised… (using different USB charger and cables to test theories!)

I think many of you that are trying to find a way to charge your PNP on the go can appreciate the convenience of having a common USB interface. The Inh05 has a USB connector that uses a through-hole shroud making the interface strong and almost impossible to damage like a typical SMT connectors. This interface is all part of the knob assembly module that needs to get removed to replace the battery.

A true benefit of the PNP is its ability to operate from the charger with dead batteries. I discovered, once the battery is exhausted on an Inh05, the USB can’t keep the unit running (even with a high power USB), and the heat will not settle… (heating/status LED will just flash)

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
BarnBoy on use…

First time I used the Inh05, I wanted to return it. All the reports of claimed major clouds on setting 7, and I wasn’t getting much on what I dialed as 7 until I pushed to 8. No matter how many times I have tried, I absolutely HATE the “auto” setting (suspect I will regret this)! My IGG package included x4 Perma-capsules with the deluxe box set plus a glass capsule. I got a box like set (x1 STD capsule, x1 vented capsule, hygienic straws, cleaning straws(?), alcohol wipes, USB cable and manual, plus the x4 perma-capsules). Fredrick promised the Grinder, Cleaning Kit (screens?), Water Tool, water tool adapter and glass capsule are to be shipped shortly. IMHO- the vented capsule is a waste of time unless REALLY small loads are used. The tips of the capsules will get dang hot with use, thus you will want to use a hygienic straw to cool the vapor. Just soak it in mouthwash to get rid of the nasty vinyl smell/taste.

Well I noticed that my unit was not “on” when at setting “1” (see photos above!). Then I noticed that the “auto” was not actually on when in that beginning position. What I believe happened is that the alignment of the knob sticker is actually off by one numeric. So my dial “7” is actually setting “6”…

Question to all – what are settings 1-6 good for????

Once this offset was adjusted for, the results and performance came through. The tool performs wonderfully. I just have concerns for battery charging and how long it will last and capsule life…

So it doesn’t take much to load the PNP (drop in a pre-loaded bullet & close PGonG) and it can be easily loaded in completely dark situations and turned on to a desired setting. The Inh05 takes a bit more care. I do not have a means (YET!) to have pre-filled capsules, so I have to fill from my grinder before each use, and blow the ABV into a bucket/wind. Once I “click” a capsule into place, I then have to dial in a heat setting. All of this is not easy in the dark…

BarnBoy on basic performance…

So the capsules are actually little rolls of flex circuit Kapton like material; not a solid cylinder! I’m not so sure how long these things will last compared to the SS bullet of the PNP. They seem a little fragile and I have already crinkled one of my perma-capsules pushing on a hygienic tip. But they are very easy to fill by simply sucking in your herbs (don’t pack your herbs!) especially if the hygienic tip is used. The nice thing about the capsule is they do not retain temperature. So if you want a small session, turn it off and suck a few times to cool. Try that on a PNP and you end up sucking a minute plus time to cool. You can pull out the Inh05 capsule post session, touch the orange colored walls and not burn yourself. Can’t say that about the PNP SS bullet…

I think others have commented that the PNP is taking 120-150 seconds to warm up, and is a valid gripe. I have had sessions interrupted because the PNP couldn’t warm up before I was rushed to go do something for the family. However, the speed of the Inh05 is amazing compared to the PNP, as well is the temperature recovery. Once you turn on the PNP and it goes to temp, there is no indication that the temperature drops when you take a good draw. However, the Inh05 flashes at a rate that is proportional to the temperature error; longer time between on-off cycle larger temp error, short high speed flashes little error, and solid no error. The recovery on the Inh05 is less than 10 seconds, where the PNP was clocked in a previous post at 20+ seconds for temperature recovery. So speed to temp and recovery are very good strong points. This same flashing is often your indicator of how good your battery is (long time to recover means battery charge nearing the end). Eventually the system will not recover temperature and finally the LED will dim. Oh, this flashing doesn’t work on AUTO, thus another reason to hate that setting…

BarnBoy on annoying features…

The most annoying thing with the Inh05 is how bright the two blue leds are. They definitely are NOT stealth and can be used to illuminate ones path. But it still is not bright enough to illuminate the knob for dark settings. The bright LED can be covered with tape…

My second annoying feature on the Inh05 is the lack of a fast charge. I have had the Inh05 on a charger for over 12 hours and the Inh05 only lasted 2 sessions, barely finishing the second session… (still experimenting!)

At first the cap for the Inh05 is a good idea. It protects the capsule especially when in your pocket. But I found it does fall off, especially when on the control knob.

BarnBoy overall summary!

I don’t think I will sell my new PNP nor will I give away my Inh05. However, with only 4 days of use, if I was forced to choose between the two, I think I would bring the Inh05 with me on the go. This may be the romance period, but I believe the Inh05 gives better flavor overall (more even, not suddenly strong and then flavorless) and is closer to the flavor I have found in my friend’s home big name vaporizers. The removable battery is the probably the tie-breaker in these two devices. I can easily keep charged spares for the Inh05; a bit harder to carry batteries and car charger for the PNP as I have done in the past. So top that off with a speedy device and the Inh05 is a real winner…

Vape yourself to a better you…

-BB

OMEiAM

Does everyone with a Inhalater 05 have the problem where the charging light doesn't go off when it is fully charged?

OMEiAM,
Reactions: BarnBoy

2clicker

Observer
i got my tracking number on sunday, but it gives me nothing. USPS says "package not found".

im not worried about it. i can be patient, but i hope it did indeed ship.

vaplen

Guys I ordered a capsule from the indiegogo campaign for 15$+shipping. It is now like 3 months after I bought it and am moving in a couple days. What should I do?

EDIT: Inhalater already sent me a message asking for my information to ship it out. Very quick :)

Last edited:
vaplen,

SiDankies

BarnBoy on use…

First time I used the Inh05, I wanted to return it. All the reports of claimed major clouds on setting 7, and I wasn’t getting much on what I dialed as 7 until I pushed to 8. No matter how many times I have tried, I absolutely HATE the “auto” setting (suspect I will regret this)! My IGG package included x4 Perma-capsules with the deluxe box set plus a glass capsule. I got a box like set (x1 STD capsule, x1 vented capsule, hygienic straws, cleaning straws(?), alcohol wipes, USB cable and manual, plus the x4 perma-capsules). Fredrick promised the Grinder, Cleaning Kit (screens?), Water Tool, water tool adapter and glass capsule are to be shipped shortly. IMHO- the vented capsule is a waste of time unless REALLY small loads are used. The tips of the capsules will get dang hot with use, thus you will want to use a hygienic straw to cool the vapor. Just soak it in mouthwash to get rid of the nasty vinyl smell/taste.

Well I noticed that my unit was not “on” when at setting “1” (see photos above!). Then I noticed that the “auto” was not actually on when in that beginning position. What I believe happened is that the alignment of the knob sticker is actually off by one numeric. So my dial “7” is actually setting “6”…

Question to all – what are settings 1-6 good for????

Once this offset was adjusted for, the results and performance came through. The tool performs wonderfully. I just have concerns for battery charging and how long it will last and capsule life…

So it doesn’t take much to load the PNP (drop in a pre-loaded bullet & close PGonG) and it can be easily loaded in completely dark situations and turned on to a desired setting. The Inh05 takes a bit more care. I do not have a means (YET!) to have pre-filled capsules, so I have to fill from my grinder before each use, and blow the ABV into a bucket/wind. Once I “click” a capsule into place, I then have to dial in a heat setting. All of this is not easy in the dark…

BarnBoy on basic performance…

So the capsules are actually little rolls of flex circuit Kapton like material; not a solid cylinder! I’m not so sure how long these things will last compared to the SS bullet of the PNP. They seem a little fragile and I have already crinkled one of my perma-capsules pushing on a hygienic tip. But they are very easy to fill by simply sucking in your herbs (don’t pack your herbs!) especially if the hygienic tip is used. The nice thing about the capsule is they do not retain temperature. So if you want a small session, turn it off and suck a few times to cool. Try that on a PNP and you end up sucking a minute plus time to cool. You can pull out the Inh05 capsule post session, touch the orange colored walls and not burn yourself. Can’t say that about the PNP SS bullet…

I think others have commented that the PNP is taking 120-150 seconds to warm up, and is a valid gripe. I have had sessions interrupted because the PNP couldn’t warm up before I was rushed to go do something for the family. However, the speed of the Inh05 is amazing compared to the PNP, as well is the temperature recovery. Once you turn on the PNP and it goes to temp, there is no indication that the temperature drops when you take a good draw. However, the Inh05 flashes at a rate that is proportional to the temperature error; longer time between on-off cycle larger temp error, short high speed flashes little error, and solid no error. The recovery on the Inh05 is less than 10 seconds, where the PNP was clocked in a previous post at 20+ seconds for temperature recovery. So speed to temp and recovery are very good strong points. This same flashing is often your indicator of how good your battery is (long time to recover means battery charge nearing the end). Eventually the system will not recover temperature and finally the LED will dim. Oh, this flashing doesn’t work on AUTO, thus another reason to hate that setting…

BarnBoy on annoying features…

The most annoying thing with the Inh05 is how bright the two blue leds are. They definitely are NOT stealth and can be used to illuminate ones path. But it still is not bright enough to illuminate the knob for dark settings. The bright LED can be covered with tape…

My second annoying feature on the Inh05 is the lack of a fast charge. I have had the Inh05 on a charger for over 12 hours and the Inh05 only lasted 2 sessions, barely finishing the second session… (still experimenting!)

At first the cap for the Inh05 is a good idea. It protects the capsule especially when in your pocket. But I found it does fall off, especially when on the control knob.

BarnBoy overall summary!

I don’t think I will sell my new PNP nor will I give away my Inh05. However, with only 4 days of use, if I was forced to choose between the two, I think I would bring the Inh05 with me on the go. This may be the romance period, but I believe the Inh05 gives better flavor overall (more even, not suddenly strong and then flavorless) and is closer to the flavor I have found in my friend’s home big name vaporizers. The removable battery is the probably the tie-breaker in these two devices. I can easily keep charged spares for the Inh05; a bit harder to carry batteries and car charger for the PNP as I have done in the past. So top that off with a speedy device and the Inh05 is a real winner…

Vape yourself to a better you…

-BB

How would you say clouds are compared to the PNP and Solo? I use PNP on 2 and 3 and Solo on 5. I get pretty big clouds and im def not looking to downgrade.

HOLD ON.. This thing doesnt work while being charged?

Last edited:

Edward Hyde

it should work while been charged and inhalater claimed that battery is enhanced from 9 to 12 session from full to empty...

Edward Hyde,
Reactions: ElPic

ElPic

Take my money
Does everyone with a Inhalater 05 have the problem where the charging light doesn't go off when it is fully charged?
I was thinking like you at the begining, that the charging light doesn't go off when the unit is full charge,
but after 20hrs on charge with a 0.5amp the light finaly goes off on my unit.
I don't know if it take 20hrs with the OEM charger that came with the full kit but I hope not.
I buy the barebone with no charger and I use my computer to charge it so maybe that's my problem!
But when full charge I get like 10 session at 7 like I said in an other post!

OMEiAM

I was thinking like you at the begining, that the charging light doesn't go off when the unit is full charge,
I don't know if it take 20hrs with the OEM charger that came with the full kit but I hope not.
I buy the barebone with no charger and I use my computer to charge it so maybe that's my problem!
Yeah, I would expect charging through your computer to take 12+ hours. That's a good amount of sessions!

OMEiAM,
Reactions: cawshook

k0udek

We will be in production in 4 weeks. Delivery will be done quickly.
Body is made of Polybutylene Terephtalate; PBT.
You can remove the decals anytime if it suits your style better.

The unit works perfectly with wax, kief, bubble hash, camomile, shisha and plant essential extracts and oil. Knocked my socks off when I maxed it out and used the water tool. The Aero capsule, the ergonomics, the USB adapter; at the Indigogo pricing there is no competition for the 05.

Silver%201.jpg

Black%202.jpg

@Inhaler should i consider the unit works with ALL kinds of hash ? From the drier ones to the oily ?

k0udek,

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
How would you say clouds are compared to the PNP and Solo? I use PNP on 2 and 3 and Solo on 5. I get pretty big clouds and im def not looking to downgrade.

HOLD ON.. This thing doesnt work while being charged?

Clouds are as good if not CLEANER or less harsh than the PNP. I start on 8 on my dial (7 actual) and work up to where AUTO starts to try to take over... (prob equates to PNP at 2 and moving to 4 to finish)

The unit will work while charging ONLY if you have enough battery power in the batteries. Unlike the PNP the Inh05 can't charge and operate (operate off charger!). Thus if your batteries are dead and you want to vape, better have a spare battery charged...

Someone stated the battery replacement is difficult. It isn't the easiest, the flex cable can be fragile if mishandled. And it take a bit of good eyes to re-align the knob unit back to get proper USB alignment. Just go easy and don't force it...

I haven't had the thing turn off charging LED yet and on a USB port or charger at all other times, even at use. Will try the PNP again to refresh brain to let the Inh05 sit and charge, and not get used until light goes out. Then I can test the battery life. But 12 Hours charge and only a few sessions doesn't compute.

If a charger is 0.5A and you left that on for 20 hours, that is 10 Amp-Hours of charge. The best battery I have found is approx 3.4Amp-hours (3400mA-hours)...

Thus the experiments I'm still doing...
-BB

Last edited:
Top Bottom