im new to cooking

I wanted to read up and absorb as much info as i could about cooking and everything, but since i got on this sight i saw ABV( already ben vaped) i looked it up on googled and also tried to find out how to do it, everywhere i look on this forum it just says how to use abv not how to make it. So how would i make ABV? be specific.

i made nutella firecrackers, i baked them at 350 for 15 minutes and ingested 1 gram of high grade weed, nothing really happened :/

kewt kemper,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
ABV stands for Already Been Vaped. That means it is plant matter that has been used in a vaporizer and has small amount of THC still left. so in your case you would need a vaporizer to "make" ABV. your nutella firecrackers most likely did not work for two reasons. One, when people make firecrackers they typically use peanut butter. not for taste but because of a higher amount of fat present in peanut butter. THC, the desired psychoactive cannabinoid, is fat-soluble so it binds to the fat in the peanut butter. Unfortunately nutella does not have as high of an amount of fat as peanut butter so it is a poorer choice for cooking with cannibis. Reason number two, baking at 350 degrees Fahrenheit is too high of a temperature to cook with cannibis. 350 degrees Fahrenheit is approximately, i can't remember the exact temp., the vaporization temperature which means there is a good chance you lost THC. Personally, i would not want to go over 325 degrees Fahrenheit while cooking and would probably stay towards the 300 degrees range.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Kewt, try looking in the "Cooking With Cannabis" section. Lots of great info in there on decarbing and properly processing edibles. Enjoy the reading and welcome to FC.

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Anti-emetic

Cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Anti-psychotic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

t-dub,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
thanks t-dub for the quick little reminder on the boiling points of the two. especially seeing as how i plan on doing some cooking of my own in a few days and always lean towards the conservative side of temperature.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Couple of things that stood out with your original post -

1 - You appear to have used fresh bud. This is fine and good, but when using fresh you MUST decarboxylize(sp) it first. (This helps convert some of the actives to make them easier for your liver to process) ABV/Duff/Vape Poo(etc) is already decarboxylized as you have passed gentle heat over it.

2 - Nutella is fine (IMO) BUT your temperature (whether using ABV or Fresh) was way too high and you could very well have destroyed some of the desireable actives.

Other factors could include : The tightly wrapping of your firecrackers in foil to help keep the actives from vaporizing within the oven itself. The grind of your product. Cook time. Etc.

Good luck!
:)

AGBeer,

bearmtn

The first time I ever cooked mid 1970s in high school. Nobody knew anything about cooking. I took an ounce of typical Mexican commercial mediocre, fried it in butter low heat 20 minutes.... And ate it out of the pan. What that first time taught me was : if you cook it right, you can take this herb to new heights. No overhead smoking threshold/barrier. Cannabis can approach being a hallucinogenic...... Fatty peanut butter, add a bit extra oil, spread on cracker, wrap in foil, bake...325 for 24 minutes....liiiiife is sweeeeeeet

bearmtn,

Reijuojuejiavohykuij

'_.|-:_':'||-_'.:|:-'.---
I usually heat for 20-25 minutes at 325-350 fahrenheit.

Fuck, I forgot about using tin foil. I wonder if just that noticeably potentiates the edible or wouldn't even be noticed. 'Cause I just heat in the oven with glass/porcelain without a cover.

I submerge the cannabis in different combinations depending on supply like peanut butter/olive oil/coconut milk/peanut oil and eat it. It's aggravating how complex the edible process feels like it's collectively made to be. Like even firecrackers are trying to complexify it and extend the duration of a process. Yet, the key component is just the dissolving of cannabis into fat/oil. Eating cannabis for highness doesn't need to be a recipe.

It's aggravating how no one seems to have a consensus or clarity on the optimal temperature/heating time for dissolving the tetrahydrocannabinol and other cannabinoids into fat/oil.

Hella simplicity is the hella.

Reijuojuejiavohykuij,
Top Bottom