If you were in charge of stocking a head shop with vaporizers which would you choose?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
There's a new local head shop near me that i frequent about once a week and today I had a conversation with someone there about dry herb vaporizers. The person was not familiar, as usual, conflating vaporizers with oil, etc. I described what they are and how they work and how they've been around for about 20 years before oil made the scene and co-opted the concept of vaporizers.

I threw out a few good ones that I know of that they might consider stocking - the silver surfer, da buddah and vapor bros. I also mentioned the Ardent line and the MBM. That's all I suggested. There was a strong interest in what I was saying.

Being that I know only what I know which is only a fraction of what's in this world, I thought what better place to ask what a good head shop should stock than right here in FC land.

The only thing I would add is that this store, and the neighboring area, is probably not the most sophisticated and a learning curve such as with the MFLB would probably not make it. So I'm looking for "easy" vaporizers that anyone can enjoy without much confusion or learning. Vaporizers that are not store brands, obviously, like the POTV One, unless these stores provide wholesale distribution.

Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
The S+B stuff, Dynavaps, some Arizers, DaVinci IQ, Boundless Terra, some cheaper options like the Xmax V3 Pro, the Fenix or the Cap. Don't fall into the Utillian / Zeus / etc. trap. If possible, I'd try to get the Tinymight in stock.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Dynavap,Vapman,Vaponic,Vapor Genie ,Ditanium ,Fenix Mini,Flowerpot, Herborizer ,Weecke Rush, Xmax/Xvape line (Fog/Fog Pro , xv3 pro ,etc..) ,Arizer,Silver Surfer, DBV, Life saber,Elev8tor, Vapor brothers,divine tribe and Saionara atties.
Edited:
I am not a fan but S&B line volcano ,plenty, mighty etc.. is also favorable by many users.

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

100% XMax V3 pro, why even waste time with the old session conduction, if head shops were offering these (and they knew how to sell them) more people might vape!
i think the same. full convection. nice price, seriously built, easy to use and very easy to clean.

it has cool nice vapor quality. it is very much cheaper than for example the Mighty and in my eyes very much better

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I think the newer conduction vapes (ie Xmax Starry, Healthy Rips, etc) might also work alongside the V3 Pro.

Agree with the others— it’s about planting seeds, ie getting a few affordable effective models in there to win hearts and minds. Let VAS take them in its own time.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Because I am evil sometimes I go into a headshop that sells pax vapes for crazy high prices. I pull up an internet sale on pax vapes on my phone and ask if they'll match the price. Then watch them squirm and waffle, lol .:evil:

but what would you do if they say...
"hmmm well let me ask my manager......ok sure, it's been slow this week, today's your lucky day, we'll even beat that price by one dollar!"?

jeffp,
Reactions: shredder

Robert-in-YEG

There's a new local head shop near me that i frequent about once a week and today I had a conversation with someone there about dry herb vaporizers. The person was not familiar, as usual, conflating vaporizers with oil, etc. I described what they are and how they work and how they've been around for about 20 years before oil made the scene and co-opted the concept of vaporizers.

I threw out a few good ones that I know of that they might consider stocking - the silver surfer, da buddah and vapor bros. I also mentioned the Ardent line and the MBM. That's all I suggested. There was a strong interest in what I was saying.

Being that I know only what I know which is only a fraction of what's in this world, I thought what better place to ask what a good head shop should stock than right here in FC land.

The only thing I would add is that this store, and the neighboring area, is probably not the most sophisticated and a learning curve such as with the MFLB would probably not make it. So I'm looking for "easy" vaporizers that anyone can enjoy without much confusion or learning. Vaporizers that are not store brands, obviously, like the POTV One, unless these stores provide wholesale distribution.

Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
Yocan Vane
Entire Arizer line - Solo II, etc, etc
XVape products - Starry v3, Fog, Ace, Fog Pro, V3 Pro, etc.
Boundless Tera
Storz & Bickel
Flowermate

Robert-in-YEG

“Kids, I want to share something with you:

The three little sentences that will get you through life.
Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.”

~ Homer Simpson

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: jeffp

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Good suggestions in here! It's not quite what your asking about but I'd also advise them to look into stocking a decent 510 concentrate unit like the offerings from Divine Tribe or Humboldt Vape Tech. I find many people to be ignorant of any portable way to consume concentrates besides cartridges.

710yota,
Reactions: k9luvr

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Having seen the collapse of retail in 2008 and the more recent response to COVID [dramatically increase in online shopping], if I were in charge of stocking a headshop I would pump the breaks, weigh my costs compared to moving business online. No excessive real estate costs, minimize my storage requirements and drop ship as much as possible.

But yeah, all the product suggested above are awesome!

Top Bottom