I still say fuck combustion! Tried my bro's new Sheldon Black...

Carbon

I wish I had a pic or two, but he picked up a pretty sweet Sheldon Black pipe last night as its his birthday weekend. It's a straight tube with a downstem with a few tiny holes, tree perc in the middle, and a bell shaped splash guard near the top. I was pulling for him to get a sovereignty, but I see so few of those at stores.

We spent the night on Hollywood Blvd. looking at glass and finally got that one, so we all couldn't wait to hit it. While it was smoother than a straight up bong rip, it's still smoke, and I still coughed and felt irritated. Smoke is smoke no matter how many fancy tubes and water levels it goes through. I can say I'll be sticking to vaping and eating as I have been doing.

Carbon,

Nycdeisel

Same here, smoke is smoke(for the most part...) but I will stick to vapor and edibles myself. I do occasionally smoke and it does cause quite a bit of irritation when I do.

You should have him clean his tube and then vapor bong it!

Nycdeisel,

djonkoman

I still ocassionally smoke, mostly bevcause it's easier outside with wind and cold or when I just don't want to take my VG with me(maybe because I never tasted much when smoking, so vaping hasn't ruined the taste of smoking for ne as it did with most, and with vaping there are also a lot of seshes that I don't taste anything, I have a bad sense of smell)
but I noticed that it doesn't seem effective to smoke more then 2 bowls
the first bowl gets me nice high, similar to vaping but a bit more contaminated and with a lot more sleepiness in the comedown
the 2nd bowl only gets me a bit higher, but after the 2nd I've seemed to have reached a ceiling, one time when I smoked 3 bowls right after eachother I even got a slight headache
so smoking is just ocassional and almost solely with friends(with friends I can handle more couchlock-effects, alone I don't want too much sleepiness or I'll just fall asleep instead of feeling high)

djonkoman,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I don't even like the smell of the smoke anymore. If my son smokes it stinks up the house. I certainly never minded it before. Since I bought the Q in November I have smoked only a little hash and just to sample new strains (one bong hit to see how other people who combust will perceive the strain).

Vaping gets me higher, is way more fun, and it doesn't smell. Even my wife loves it now that I don't smoke.

When I first started on the vaping adventure she would say "what ever happened to rolling a joint?" and "why do you need a another vaporizer and/or glass water pipe?" But now that I don't cough all the time and stink up the house and my clothes, she doesn't say those things anymore!

Tstat,

warren79

Tstat said:
Vaping gets me higher, is way more fun, and it doesn't smell. Even my wife loves it now that I don't smoke.

Does vaping really get you higher than smoking?

Im expecting my Q the end of Feb.....I was told the high isn't the same and that no amount of vaping will get me as high as smoking but decided to get it anyway because it will help my lungs a bit compred to smoking.

warren79,

Nycdeisel

warren79 said:
Tstat said:

Does vaping really get you higher than smoking?

Im expecting my Q the end of Feb.....I was told the high isn't the same and that no amount of vaping will get me as high as smoking but decided to get it anyway because it will help my lungs a bit compred to smoking.

Its really not like that at all.

They are all different effects, not even taking into account the different strains and temperatures you use, using water vs dry, etc etc. Lots of little things affect the high.

My tolerance is for sure much lower now then it ever was while I was smoking more often, and now whenever I DO smoke, its a strong, hazy high that doesnt last long but leaves a long lasting burnt out feeling afterwards, which is why I prefer vaporizing. Plus the stoney high you can get from edibles(which you can make with your AVB) should make up if anything.

Nycdeisel,

SmokingElectricity

i still like to combust hash or pressed kief sometimes.

but totally agree. i combust once 3 weeks ago and it wasn't pleasant.

us vaporists are spoiled. :ko:

SmokingElectricity,

warren79

I started vaping from a homemade lightbulb recently....burned some weed but Im getting used to the technique so its getting better.

Tried it a few years ago but it was too much of a mission, and time consuming. Lately I've tried again, since Im getting a EQ soon I wanted to see roughly what the effects are like and I have been pleasently suprised.

I used some indoor chronic a few times but mostly using what you guys call shwag (we call it Durban poison and Swazi). Durban poison - grown in Durban(South Africa) and Swazi grown in Swaziland...both have a distinct different high.

From 0.2g chronic my high isn't as strong as the same amount from a pipe but it feels much CLEANER. I feel energetic but stoned at the same time - weird feeling, so much so that I sometimes vape a bulb or 3 before work and I don't feel tired as the high wears off like I used to.

The shwag in the bulb gets me about as high as smoking the same amount through a pipe but the body load is noticably less but still present, unlike vaping chronic where there seems to be nothing at all in terms of physicall couchlock and the like. I usually get a loud giggle while using the lightbulb because it feels weird getting stoned but not feeling the body load. I usually sit while doing it and only notice Im super high when I get up.

Because there is MUCH less body load it feels like Im not that stoned so I thought, well vaping is nice but you just don't get couchlock stoned which is nice sometimes, and then I read someone actually said that no amount of vaping can get you as high as smoking. Glad to know that it can.

warren79,
Top Bottom