Hygrometer reading of 78

Genki88

Recently purchased "Sunset" leafs by snoop from Tweed. After opening the container, the buds seemed unusually moist so I transferred the buds to a sterilized mason jar and dropped in a calibrated hygrometer. Hygrometer reading leveled out at 78 which in my opinion is too high. After contacting Tweed regarding this matter, this is the reply i received:

Thank you very much for reaching out.

Our product is cured to a moisture content of less then 10%, conditions that mold cannot grow. The process necessary to test the actual moisture content of the flower inquires the product to be essentially baked and the moisture content to be tested once the product has been basically destroyed.

Testing the RH levels, your are testing the RH of the environment around your cannabis. This does not reflect the moisture content of the bud.

All product that leaves our facility is regulated in a way to ensure that all flower has a moisture content of less then 10%.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to reach out.

Barbara
Resolutions Team
Customer Care

So basically they are saying that their product is perfectly cured and dried, and that my Hygrometer readings don't mean anything...............

Any thoughts on this??

Genki88,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I would double check with a 2nd hygrometer to be sure.

As far as my thoughts, the RH is too high. For growers, we understand that anything in the upper 60's is high enough to allow mold to grow. I wouldn't purchase their products anymore and request that they lower the RH of their product for patient/customer safety! Most of the flowers I bring home from a dispensary are well cured and in the mid to lower 50% RH.

I don't even consider flowers in the safe range for curing until they are at 65% RH. Above that and you really have to watch them and the eyes aren't good enough, you need to use a microscope to see the mold in early stages.

chris 71

i would guess what they are trying to say is that the moisture content within your container 78 % doesn't reflect the moisture content of the buds when they left there facility . do you have any bovede packs i would say get some . as far as the reading on your hydrometer maybe the air in your house or were ever you were when you put the buds in the jar was 78% or more was it a rainy day ? the bud would absorb the moisture which wouldn't be good

i once received buds from tweed the seal on the container was un sealed some how , maybe during shipping it got squished a bit or something . im not sure but if the seal could have been broken and your package spent a long time in transit the moisture content in the buds could surely change since when it left tweed .
im not sticking up for them or anything just suggesting some possible seniors

chris 71,

herbivore21

Recently purchased "Sunset" leafs by snoop from Tweed. After opening the container, the buds seemed unusually moist so I transferred the buds to a sterilized mason jar and dropped in a calibrated hygrometer. Hygrometer reading leveled out at 78 which in my opinion is too high. After contacting Tweed regarding this matter, this is the reply i received:

Thank you very much for reaching out.

Our product is cured to a moisture content of less then 10%, conditions that mold cannot grow. The process necessary to test the actual moisture content of the flower inquires the product to be essentially baked and the moisture content to be tested once the product has been basically destroyed.

Testing the RH levels, your are testing the RH of the environment around your cannabis. This does not reflect the moisture content of the bud.

All product that leaves our facility is regulated in a way to ensure that all flower has a moisture content of less then 10%.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to reach out.

Barbara
Resolutions Team
Customer Care

So basically they are saying that their product is perfectly cured and dried, and that my Hygrometer readings don't mean anything...............

Any thoughts on this??
Check the buds themselves man.

Do the stems twist and flex without breaking, or do they audibly crack and cleanly snap when you try to bend it? If it cracks/snaps cleanly, the flower is reasonably dry.

If the stems twist and flex without easily breaking, they're definitely too wet still :peace:

herbivore21,
Reactions: Squiby

Genki88

So the stems don't snap and are bendable. Tweed gave me a $10 voucher for my "inconvenience", well at least that made me laugh..................pfffft.

Genki88,

herbivore21

So the stems don't snap and are bendable. Tweed gave me a $10 voucher for my "inconvenience", well at least that made me laugh..................pfffft.
That is fucked up man. I can't believe that a large scale LP are selling shit like that. Bendable stems means that much of the weight of the flower that you bought is actually water, not cannabis. This is the sort of dishonest practice that would lead folks to make a strongly worded complaint to a street dealer, let alone an ostensibly fucking legitimate company!

I'd demand a refund if I were in your position. Report the product to any relevant regulators if they will not make it right.

MinnBobber

Something doesn't add up here if Tweed reports buds are under 10% and meter shows 78%.
More critical than the stems are the buds..... what do they do when poked gently with your finger:
- you gently push in and retract finger and they just mush in and stay
- you push in and they rebound back to original position, like a sponge
- they crumble and break when gently pushed

?? If my buds are in a jar with Boveda 62% pack for 6 months, isn't the bud itself at 62% after sitting
in a sealed 62% RH environment?? If not, what % RH are the buds??

MY opinion, I'd rather get buds that are too moist as that's fixable---finish the dry/cure yourself, than
buds that are too dry as they can't be fixed--- Boveda's cannot fix, they are now permanently sub-par.

My experience is that no shop (or 1 in 1000?) sells properly cured buds as that would take a minimum
of 2 months IME, and they sell it WAY before that.
A manager of a shop with great great bud in CO shared with me that they did an extended cure and were
mighty proud of it!!! When pressed for an exact figure, that cure was up to 10 days.
Pet peeve is that they don't cure longer at those prices BUT at least you can fix it yourself.

Genki---let us know what the buds are like please

Genki88

They mush in and stay.

I'm in the process of finishing the dry/cure myself after the frustrating customer service experience with Tweed. They have now given me a $25 coupon for my INCONVENIENCE but not admitting fault nor acknowledging that there is an issue.

After I laughed at the $10 coupon they offered, this was their reply:

"The coupon was not meant to offend you, I'm apologies if it did.

Rest assure that the product is safe and tested, the moisture content is to standard. We very much appreciate your feedback.
I have asked to offer a larger coupon to you.

I have attached a coupon for $25"

This offends me even more lol...............

Wonder how I should reply..........

Genki88,

herbivore21

They mush in and stay.

I'm in the process of finishing the dry/cure myself after the frustrating customer service experience with Tweed. They have now given me a $25 coupon for my INCONVENIENCE but not admitting fault nor acknowledging that there is an issue.

After I laughed at the $10 coupon they offered, this was their reply:

"The coupon was not meant to offend you, I'm apologies if it did.

Rest assure that the product is safe and tested, the moisture content is to standard. We very much appreciate your feedback.
I have asked to offer a larger coupon to you.

I have attached a coupon for $25"

This offends me even more lol...............

Wonder how I should reply..........
What was the price of the offending product? This is important to establish how reasonably to make things right.

herbivore21,
Top Bottom