How "smelly" is rosin?

tgvp

Let's do a thought experiment. Suppose some fictional person has to cross some fictional border and would like to carry a fictional cannabinoid stash in the form of some rosin in an airtight container. I'm thinking of a personal sized stash, less than a gram. How likely am I is this fictional person of getting the attention of a drug search dog? Same as with more classical stuff like hashish or good old weed? Or would it be more discreet?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Edibles might be a safer bet?
Never met a dog that did not like treats!
I knew a guy that has to worry about Beagle sniffers but only on return to the state... I would not try to outsmart a dog's nose, buy/get what you need where you are going and consume it before traveling back through where it may cause a problem.

GoldenBud

My guess is that in the rosin form, it has less surface area compared to the dosis, do not leave "weed dust" particles around and keeps the terpenes kinda locked in the goo

edit: yeah you're right i think! it has to do a lot with the volume of each substance. weed herb takes much more volume than the rosin's volume
the vapor pressure above herb will be higher. i think. and also less processed substance

@tgvp get some good container for rosin, hmmm not sure CVault containr (Stainless steel) is the best for it, maybe some silicone but one that is really sealed etc' so smell won't get outside

Last edited:

Kaptan

I agree, most dogs at airports are sniffing for explosives and foreign vegetables, meats, etc… I don’t think TSA cares about your personal use Cannabis.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Piss outta here!

@tgvp ~ Can you get material after your move? TSA is not looking for anything, but I don't know where you are coming from or going...

I would be mindful of local laws wherever you are going. Note that many places, even in the US, charge concentrates [rosin] as a felony versus a misdemeanor for flower.

FlyingLow,
  • Wow
Reactions: LesPlenty

tgvp

Note that many places, even in the US, charge concentrates [rosin] as a felony versus a misdemeanor for flower.
That's interesting! Well, at least if you're not the one to get caught 😁 Do you now why it's treated differently? Does it mean that those same state consider hashish a felony too as it's some kind of concentrate ?

In Switzerland, the law use the words "stupéfiants ayant des effets de type cannabique" which translate as "narcotic having cannabic effects",

Dix grammes de stupéfiants ayant des effets de type cannabique sont considérés comme une quantité minime.
=> 10g of narcotics with cannabic effect are considered a minimal amount

I'm no lawyer, but it pleases me to interpret that as "having 10g of +80% cannabis concentrate is ok" 😎 And anyway, around here, not a lot of people know about concentrates and I don't think it's a matter of great attention from drug enforcement right now.

But the truth is I have no idea how it would be considered in neighboring countries...

badbee

My theory is that the dogs you see in airports these days are sniffing for explosives, not weed. If their mission was to seek out cannabis, at least in this country, their heads would explode.
It's a question of who they work for. If it's TSA they are definitely not drug sniffing, if they are being handled by Border Patrol then they probably are drug sniffing. TSA only cares about plane safety and don't consider drugs a concern, they also have no arrest powers and rely on local PD. If it's not illegal in the state local PD doesn't care.

badbee,
Top Bottom