How Much is Facebook worth?

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I just watched the facebook movie....dear god did I want to claw my eyes out. Its one hell of an advertising machine...

finchrock24,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Not surprised, when every website I visit has a facebook link and even food products now have that fucking facebook "f" on their packaging. Yay for public e-mail with more pictures... people consume anything, even unnecessary stress and drama, I.E. Facebook.

Then in 5-10 years some other college kid will make ANOTHER social networking site and everything will be all impressed with the new shiny website and they will all change over to that. It all seems like a really dull and pointless game to me.

aesthyrian,

Nycdeisel

haha, thats a lot of dough, yea. But I do find it amazing(even though I must admit I use it occasionally) that some people can put so much of their time into it. I never saw the Social Network movie :/ Im guessing I should probably look into seeing that.

Nycdeisel,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
A product doesn't always need much point or purpose to generate revenue. I heard on the radio even Goldman Sachs has invested in Facebook. A lot of money to be made for sure, that's obvious. I'm pretty sure Fox owns Myspace now, I wonder what corporation will buy facebook and use it as a funnel for cramming advertising down everyone's throat? That's all it is destined to become it seems. Just one more way to advertise.

aesthyrian,

OC513

Dabaholic
Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest self made billionaire EVER.....pretty amazing. He doesnt want to go public but he may have to soon.......the SEC states you are not allowed to have more than 499 shareholders and remain private.......they are getting very close to 500 now which means they would have to disclose everything like a public company. On the "off" markets(they sell shares of companies that are not yet public) the stock has gone from about $38 a share to over $133 in the last year alone. As aesthyrian said Goldman invested in them.....500 mil with the option to invest another 1.2 billion. Asked about going public recently Zuckerberg responded "Dont hold your breath"

OC513,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
My son who usually has a knack for giving me good stock tips told me early yesterday morning to watch Facebook to see if they go public after reading about Goldman Sachs investing.

You'd think a 17yr old would suck at stock stuff but the kid has been picking winners since he was in the 6th grade.... Like double, triple and even quadrupling winners ;) lol.

It'll be interesting to me to see how long Facebook remains "the" social site ;) I'm watching.

Lo,

Nycdeisel

ILL bet at least until this summer, I too am interested in the next big 'internet thing'(by that I really mean social network)

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom