Hooking DBV up to a bong

ethon123

Da Buddha
Hey guys First off i just wanted to say thank you to everyone here, because it is a really nice and friendly place where everybody is helpful.. I have really only seen a few forums this friendly.

Ok so my question is: I ordered a DBV and its on its way to my house, and i wanted to attach a bong to it. Would buying a Glass on Glass Water Adapter from
http://www.dabuddhavaporizer.com/other-parts.html (2nd item down)

And buying this bong: http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin..._Bong_Hexagon_Foot__250ml.cfm?iProductID=5909

So i was thinking buy the 14 mm water adapter so it can hook into the bong, but do i need to buy a diffuser or something so they can hook together?

Please help i know nothing about hooking up a vaporizer to a bong, and really want to try.

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Nick

ethon123,

steiner666

Serial vapist
what you're lookin at there will get ya started great. A diffuser is just a downstem with a bunch of little holes at the bottom instead of one big one, gives you smaller bubbles but is by no means needed.

*edit* To be more descriptive, that bong has a ground glass join on it that the (included) downstem slides into and seals with. On the top of the downstem there is another GG connection that you put that adapter off the DBV store in. The downstem (part that connects the bowl/vapeadapter piece to the bong and goes into the water) can be replaced with a diffused downstem of same size (diameter, 14mm) and roughly same length (the product page says 10.5cm, but i've heard 11.5 works too) later on.

steiner666,

ethon123

Da Buddha
steiner666 said:
what you're lookin at there will get ya started great. A diffuser is just a downstem with a bunch of little holes at the bottom instead of one big one, gives you smaller bubbles but is by no means needed.
Yeah I'm very excited! so will i need to buy a separate down steam to connect the adapter to or just use the downstem then holds the bowl? (do i just have to buy those 2 things and it will work or do i need to buy anything else?)

ethon123,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Just the bong and the adapter is all you need. The bong is actually 3 separate parts: the bong itself, the downstem and the bowl. The bowl you can pretty much pitch, unless you plan on combusting. Just stick the adapter into the ground glass on the top of the included downstem, in place of the bowl, and you're in business.

steiner666,

ethon123

Da Buddha
steiner666 said:
Just the bong and the adapter is all you need. The bong is actually 3 separate parts: the bong itself, the downstem and the bowl. The bowl you can pretty much pitch, unless you plan on combusting. Just stick the adapter into the ground glass on the top of the included downstem, in place of the bowl, and you're in business.
sweet! so you think the 14 mm adapter will fit in that downstem?

and ill keep the bowl so i can bring the bong to parties (Don't want to take the chance of having my vape broken at a party)

Thanks a lot for the help man

Oh and should i say any thing in the comment box like maybe say it will be going in a 14.5 joint size thing.

ethon123,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Yep, it will.

Vaporbongs are the way to go, I couldn't use any other way... just so goddamn enjoyable.

Chubba,

ethon123

Da Buddha
Chubba said:
Yep, it will.

Vaporbongs are the way to go, I couldn't use any other way... just so goddamn enjoyable.
Yeah so I've heard thats why i want to get one so much ;)

Ok one more quick question, should i go for a "bigger" bong like a 500 ML or just stick to a 250 ML because it seems off the vape you really don't need a huge bong or am i wrong? (so in short is it worth 20 bucks more to go from 250 to 500 ML)

also should i get an ice catcher bong or is vapor all ready cool and smooth enough after going threw water.

ethon123,

steiner666

Serial vapist
i was lookin at the same 250ml model for myself. i got one about 2x the size and regret it. A smaller one is ideal because its easier to get it milked/filled and cleared within a reasonable sized breath. With a big bong sometimes it almost takes a whole breath befor you get it filled with vapor sometimes. 250ml i think is ideal.

and i think ice catchers are a nice option to have. they dont interfere in anyway if you dont feel like using ice, and they're there if you do.

steiner666,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Ok one more quick question, should i go for a "bigger" bong like a 500 ML or just stick to a 250 ML because it seems off the vape you really don't need a huge bong or am i wrong? (so in short is it worth 20 bucks more to go from 250 to 500 ML)

also should i get an ice catcher bong or is vapor all ready cool and smooth enough after going threw water.
First off, get the ice pinch... even if you don't end up using it often, it's nice to have.

Second, for your DBV definitely get the 250ml as opposed to the 500ml.

Big bongs IMO work better with vapes such as the VHW/Herbo/Supreme as they milk straight away and quickly.

Whip based vapes you might be running out of breathe trying to fill up a big bong.

Chubba,

ethon123

Da Buddha
Thanks steiner666 and Chubba I think i know what bong to get now.. my only decision left is to order it right away or ask my parents to get me it for my birth day :)

ethon123,

rabican

Hey guys,

I wanted to buy my dad (who owns a DBV) a water attachment for it, hes not a huge fan of bongs so i was looking at bubblers.

First place i looked was the cool water filtration at 7th floor (with the coils). I'm curious though if i can also use this for combusting? he sometimes combusted ABV as a sleep aid. (buy a bowl piece??)

7thfk.jpg

Also it looks like the coils are removable although they are too big to pull out, if i did combust in this, how hard is cleaning it?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

rabican,
Top Bottom