Homemade water filtration devices

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
Hey guys,

I'm going to try to refrain from keeping this post too lengthly or elaborate, so ill get to the point. The great thing about vaporizers is that making a water filtration device with one takes much less effort than when combusting. This is because vaporizing - or at least the apparatuses we use to vaporize - don't often reach combustion or melting temperatures, at least at the point where we inhale from. This means that one can easily fashion a water device out of some tubing, a vaporizer, and a plastic bottle, without the worry of melting and inhaling plastic fumes. This reminds me of my foolish friends making bongs and such with plastic bottles and socket wrench pieces for the bowls, disgusting.

I started off making different forms of water bongs out of plastic bottles (because one can easily penetrate the side to insert a downstem much more easily than with glass), as well as making them out of glass bottles while using the cap to house the mouth piece and downstem (if you've ever done this you'll know what im talking about otherwise you'll have to visualize or google image "homemade bong").

Then...I got a very nice RooR from my brother with a diffused downstem and an ice catcher, which let me take rip after rip of smooth, cool, vapor. I was so spoiled for the duration of that RooR's lifetime which was ended far too early by our mother who doesn't see eye to eye with us on cannabis use. Unfortunately that RooR has passed on now...and i've been left bongless for quite some time, but I could and can not bring myself to return to my cheap plastic bottle ways.

I figured that most of you guys on here have done similar things, because us vaporists are always so resourceful and are generally of a pretty high intelligence. I thought I would set out to make a homemade water filtering piece of a slightly higher quality, and of a less disposable nature, while trying to make it aesthetically pleasing.

I figured this thread could be a place where people could post such homemade devices and collaborate on ideas, I know I've seen some very creative MFLB to bong adapters as well some homemade filtration devices ala egoset, (who made some sort of self inhaling machine for his EQ or something of that nature) or however you spell his name, my apologies :).

It's possible no one will be interested, but if people are we could make this a sort of picture thread with some instruction thrown in DIY style, it could really benefit those who don't want to drop the money on glass or like DIY projects.

The possibilities are endless, last year I remember linking 5 or 6 poland spring bottles together with tubing and up to my VB, it was very hard to inhale off of, but it was like breathing air after that many passes through water. :brow:

Thanks for reading! :peace:

PhishCactus,
Top Bottom