Holding in your hits

rodders83

You may want to reread the sequence. You want to gently inhale, NOT hold until you cannot hold anymore--but rather only hold a few seconds so you can comfortable exhale 1/4, hold slightly, inhale that 1/4 again, gently hold. gently exhale 1/4.

If you hold as long as you can, then you blow it all out--not what you want

Yea i did not even describe my own properly either... My last kief scoop messed me up. So then what i WAS doing was actually:

Long exhale to empty the lungs
Long slow draw until lung capacity is reached
Hold it until you really need air
Inhale a little bit to keep you tiding over and buy more time (vapor still stuck in there)
Exhale normally neither fast nor slow

After this length of time i see nothing left on my exhale yet the bubbler was seriously clouded over it went somewhere hehe. I did think it was extreme on my lungs though and thats why i thought i had pain on my muscle doing it all day long. I will have to seriously compare both and see if there is a difference in the effect. I would feel more comfortable not holding for as long though for sure.

I will remember to do my own little shoot out and see what i prefer i guess everyone has thier own thing. I probably look dumb doing it but no coughing like Carol would complain about. I am too clean and obsessive to blow germs over people.

rodders83

havent smoked or vaped for ages but I just leave this one here :
I used to hold for about 30seconds, it was exercise for me

I noticed that is from 2016 now in 2018 this exercise are you aware of groin hernias? I think i did some exercises for sure but maybe too much! Holding it made me flich tensing all the muscles and the coughing did the same. I notice now when i cough my fella wants to go off to the right no joke and its scary! Because if its a hernia its surgery bad where if its just overworked muscles it can be rested and fixed.

My stomach does the same normally not ripped until i cough and my rock hard six pack bulges out.

rodders83,

simplywonderful

whoa
I noticed that is from 2016 now in 2018 this exercise are you aware of groin hernias? I think i did some exercises for sure but maybe too much! Holding it made me flich tensing all the muscles and the coughing did the same. I notice now when i cough my fella wants to go off to the right no joke and its scary! Because if its a hernia its surgery bad where if its just overworked muscles it can be rested and fixed.

My stomach does the same normally not ripped until i cough and my rock hard six pack bulges out.
Whoa man, groin hernia makes my mind go crazy, I did had it when I was a baby from coughing too much ( had lung problems since I was born) the tension on muscles when you hold in is real for sure. Im now freaking out because where at the end of ribs, where they join in the middle, right under there should be stomach but when I hold the breath there is little ballon like bulge, just when I hold the breath or do abs exercises ( I ended quittting training to the max because it did freaked me out and now I forgot about it) bulging out the six pack was just as weird for me, because the first two which tried to bulge out the most were putting pressure on that spot on that spot right at the end of ribs, in the middle of the chest. It freaks me out. Do you lift heavy weights? I thought hernia nowadays only involves a small syringe which sucks out the fluid. Does it bulges out when you cough? I bet there is some natural no surgery way on how to get rid of it, thank you for this post btw :myday:

simplywonderful,

rodders83

No i do not do weights but hernia can not be syringed out im reading the bulge is muscle? Sometimes pressure causes it to pop out through a gap in you outer muscle and thus the.bulge. But groin has gravity pushing it ive seen google pics of people with drooping deformaity where the abdomen pushes down like a.massive bulge!

Christ hope its just being ripped but there are scans that show such issues. Its another prohibition issue i needed big rips because the quality of the weeds shit and edibles dont exist. So i guess ill know in time i plan on controlling myself though to see if it is not a hernia.

And there are no cures for hernias they are left alone or operated on depending on the location and discomfort of the patient.

rodders83,

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Holy moly! Back in the days when weed supply was always at stake, the "partially exhale, then inhale again, repeat" - technique often saved my stash from too early depletion. Then, I completely forgot about it until I read this thread. I just tried it again for some days and it indeed does wonders in terms of additional delivery of goods and therefore efficiency. I get way harder stoned or high with that method and the same amount of material than with a simple inhale - exhale procedure or by just holding the vapor in my breath for a longer time.

Thanks for reminding me about it! Great stuff! :tup:

C No Ego

Holy moly! Back in the days when weed supply was always at stake, the "partially exhale, then inhale again, repeat" - technique often saved my stash from too early depletion. Then, I completely forgot about it until I read this thread. I just tried it again for some days and it indeed does wonders in terms of additional delivery of goods and therefore efficiency. I get way harder stoned or high with that method and the same amount of material than with a simple inhale - exhale procedure or by just holding the vapor in my breath for a longer time.

Thanks for reminding me about it! Great stuff! :tup:

oxygen helps the phyto-cannabinoids diffuse through the lung tissue via hydrolyses. the more oxygen the better, re-oxygenating the lung cavity opens the absorption capabilities too

rodders83

Exactly any injury i do to myself.is because of potency and the laws. I only do what you said above because it saves bud and gets.me.more high.

Damm them prohibitionists and thier harm causing!

steama

Original-%E2%80%9CIf-It-Feels-Good-Do-It-%E2%80%9D.jpg

:myday:

Skunkport

Just to be clear, it is a famous myth that holding your breath after an inhale makes the hit more effective. In fact, actual research shows that holding your breath adds nothing - except - that the temporary oxygen deprivation affects your brain.

Wrong. The actual myth is the one you are spreading.

I wonder if you’re debunking considers combustion vs vaping? While I don’t categorically disagree with you, I’m not certain it’s true in all cases. As someone who has combusted for most of 35 years until recently, I think holding a hit during combustion has positive implications. However I don’t want to raise a ruckus here about it. :peace::peace:

Important factor actually. Smoke contains 12% cannabinoids, vapor is 98.1% cannabinoids, so there's one simple question.
If we've absorbed all the cannabinoids, what are we breathing out?

In this study 35% of inhaled THC was exhaled using a Volcano.
http://www.medicalmarijuana.eu/wp-c...ry-Administration-of-Tetrahydrocannabinol.pdf

Here is what I've read:
"A study from the University of Chicago in June of 1989 found that any THC inhaled into the lungs is absorbed into the bloodstream almost instantaneously. So in other words the time that it takes you to inhale deeply and then exhale is more than enough to get the chemical into your body. Holding your breath only actually deprives your brain of oxygen, making you feel light-headed and this lack of oxygen is what many confuse for the effects of getting higher. "

No. If holding your breath for 10-20 seconds makes you light-headed then go to your doctor, something is badly wrong with you.

In this study holding your breath was scientifically proven to increase THC blood plasma levels,if you have decent weed, it also mentions 2 other tests that corroborate it and 2 that say breath holding doesn't affect it:-

Post hoc tests indicated that 10-sec and 20-sec breathhold durations for high potency cigarettes produced plasma THC levels that were significantly higher than all other conditions. In the low potency cigarette conditions, plasma THC levels were not significantly different after 10 sec and 20 sec than after 0 sec of breathholding.

That bit about low potency explains the contradicting tests. A large portion of cannabis research done in the US has been using 1-3% THC weed. Literally garbage.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.467.1170&rep=rep1&type=pdf

abcd5432

I always think it's weird when people say holding your breath is bad. OK... What about swimmers?

So a swimmer can dive under water for a bit and hold their breath, but I hold a hit in for 15 seconds and I'm doing something dangerous....
Does not compute... Not even remotely.

C No Ego

I always think it's weird when people say holding your breath is bad. OK... What about swimmers?

So a swimmer can dive under water for a bit and hold their breath, but I hold a hit in for 15 seconds and I'm doing something dangerous....
Does not compute... Not even remotely.
it is cumulative harms not just a one off thing. if people are really concerned do deep breathing exercises to make the lungs more fit to handle the holding of the breath

abcd5432

it is cumulative harms not just a one off thing. if people are really concerned do deep breathing exercises to make the lungs more fit to handle the holding of the breath

So is cumulative swimming bad? I just don't see it. I held my hits when doing combustion too, and I see lots of others do it and brag about how long they can hold their hits. I really don't see how you can harm yourself holding your breath. It's something the human body seems made to do..... Especially with vaping now, why would I exhale an even more thc potent source away. I started vaping for effiency. I ain't burning my weed away for free and I ain't trying to get the air high.

Edit : lol actually I can't even swim which makes this that much better. If you do swim... Chime in.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I don't swim, but I hold my breathe regularly as part of a way to center and calm myself. I have some good lung capacity. I don't always hold mine vapor in, but I definitely feel it stronger right away when I do hold it in.
As a smoker, I can see damage being done holding smoke inside the lungs extra long, but then again smoking sucks.
I'm going to hit my unicorn, and try to hold it in. For science.

biohacker

I'd be more concerned about o2 deprivation from carbon monoxide in smoke... that shit is fucking cumulative and can kill you nice and slowly. CO likes to displace the o2 in your blood and is ample in smoke.

Now if y'all excuse me, I have some Wim Hof Method breathing to do, which includes holding my breathe, but actually INCREASES the o2 saturation in my blood! :D

Hold in your hits, but after that's done BREATHE MOTHERFUCKERS! :rockon:

C No Ego

So is cumulative swimming bad? I just don't see it. I held my hits when doing combustion too, and I see lots of others do it and brag about how long they can hold their hits. I really don't see how you can harm yourself holding your breath. It's something the human body seems made to do..... Especially with vaping now, why would I exhale an even more thc potent source away. I started vaping for effiency. I ain't burning my weed away for free and I ain't trying to get the air high.

Edit : lol actually I can't even swim which makes this that much better. If you do swim... Chime in.
air quality in houses eTC , people could already be struggling to get fresh air in houses that recirculate stale air all day all night... and polluted air ETC, not all people have lungs like yours, be thankful. I recommended your approach until someone with weak lungs basically said no way possible, I need air eTC... basically my rebreath rec knocked them out cold LOL. joke but their face was blue , joke again shit!

duff

Well worn
I try to keep in shape so thankfully i don't have to hold them in.

Edit:
I misread the title of this thread. Please disregard.

duff,
Top Bottom