Hit method

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
So I've been vaping for a while now and after several sessions of experimentation i found that my personal favorite method for hitting my purple days is to get a decent sized hit in, hold it in for about 10 seconds and then exhale.

I can't remember where I read it but I do remember reading once that holding in the vape hits make your session more efficient in terms of effect per amount of bud.

How do you guys like to hit your vapes? Anyone know or have any sources that point to how long you should hold your vape hits in? I'm just curious what everyone else is doing.

HighSti,

crawdad

floatin
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=999

my preference is based solely on what i feel and it turns out to be around 5 seconds. once i did quick exhales (1 second hold) and the effect did seem diminished and i had to do another bowl however i dont think one session is conclusive as many other factors could of been at work.

crawdad,

lwien

With my PD, I take a very slow draw directly into my lungs until I feel a bit of an expansion. Then take the tube out of the PD and continue to draw what is left in the tube. Hold for about 10 seconds, exhale a little bit, take in more air, and hold for another 10 seconds, exhale a little bit, take in more air and hold again. On the third exhale, there is very little vapor left to exhale.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

That exhaling a bit and taking in fresh air, and holding it in and repeating is the 'rebreathing method'. I do that on large hits. I like to hold mine in for at least 5-10 seconds on average, sometimes longer.

I take a steady, medium paced hit, clear the whip by removing it, and hold it in. I just sit at my vape(which is next to my computer here) and take hits periodically, I dont need a lot of hits to get where I want, but sometimes I just dont want to stop since I just love feeling and tasting the vapor.

Nycdeisel,

vapormonkey

The most efficient way to vape is one of a series of short bursts. Think choo choo train here or a little bit of inhale, then stop, then again in fast short bursts until your lungs are filled.

vapormonkey,

max

Out to lunch
vapormonkey said:
The most efficient way to vape is one of a series of short bursts. Think choo choo train here or a little bit of inhale, then stop, then again in fast short bursts until your lungs are filled.
Since that's stated as a fact, and not just your opinion, I'd like to where your information comes from.

max,

crawdad

floatin
yeah, i do re-breathing on large hits as well...mostly for fun, imagine it helps but am unsure as i have never done actual tests.

everyone i have ever talked to in person on this *always* cuts me off before i can finish bringing up the issue and says "blah blah blah, high times proved this a while ago and said absorption happens within a second or two" and they say it with a smug look as well. so i normally just smile and say "oh, interesting". :peace:

crawdad,

lwien

max said:
vapormonkey said:
Since that's stated as a fact, and not just your opinion, I'd like to where your information comes from.

Yeah, I'd like to know too. Intuitively, the re-breathing method that I do seems to work for me in that there is very little vapor being exhaled but if there is a more efficient way to do this, I'd like to know also.

lwien,

SelfBestowed

Hi , long time lurker , first time poster.

From what i understand the vapor we our inhaling is pure THC and other canabinoids , so wouldnt the best method would be to take in small amounts of vapor to your lungs and hold it in as long as possible , so when you exhale no vapor should be visible. As vaporizers this method would be alot more friendly to our lungs , since we dont get any tar and all that jazz that smoke has.

Let me know you guys think.

SelfBestowed,

crawdad

floatin
ive thought that as well (for strictly vaporists) however my draws are long so i end up having to take a breath sooner. at some point "holding it in" becomes uncomfortable and a distraction, begins to weaken the experience that normally is very calming and relaxing.

crawdad,

redheadedeskimo

I like to inhale as slowly as I possibly can for about ten to fifteen seconds, give it about five to eight seconds to all sink in, then exhale and feel great.

redheadedeskimo,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i've had friends hold their hits in for up to 15 seconds, watch closely as their eyes get bloodshot.

OO,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
ten seconds? really? i hold mine for at least 15, but try for 20
i really have a hard time taking long hits, so maybe only 7 seconds on the draw, depending on heat and vapor/air ratio. After three hits i'm done fora few, so will often walk away after three hits, and come back after fifteen minutes...

also, my bowls tend to be half a small joint, and i'm able to get all the vapor out in 3-4 hits.

VWFringe,

Nycdeisel

VWFringe said:
ten seconds? really? i hold mine for at least 15, but try for 20
i really have a hard time taking long hits, so maybe only 7 seconds on the draw, depending on heat and vapor/air ratio. After three hits i'm done fora few, so will often walk away after three hits, and come back after fifteen minutes...

also, my bowls tend to be half a small joint, and i'm able to get all the vapor out in 3-4 hits.

That all sounds fine, but whats the measurement, as in, the actual amount, that you use in one vape bowl?

Nycdeisel,

momatik

crawdad said:
at some point "holding it in" becomes uncomfortable and a distraction, begins to weaken the experience that normally is very calming and relaxing.

Exactly. I hold hits in because I think it's more efficient, but it gets annoying.

momatik,

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
I use the 're breathing method' also, exhale through my nose. This method works great for me! :peace:

tonuzzi,
Top Bottom