High temp vs low temp. Health concerns over the long term.

GoldenBud

I very much disagree here. Coughing is a very normal regulation procedure of our respiratory system and happens all the time, it's definitely on the lower end of irritations we can experience and actually a sign that the whole system is working fine. Coughing fits, especially when they become painful, are a very different story of course, but your average cough is certainly not a warning sign per se. Some strains heavily tickle my throat even at lower temps – I consider such sensations being an indicator to adapt my inhaling and temp stepping techniques in order not to overload my lungs, but not as a sign for being in unhealthy temp ranges.
100% agree
if anything bad happens from vapor, it will happen from 190C / 220C , our lungs are kept around 20C, our systems, some leftovers left in our body either way, 220C just extracts it faster.... but i think the difference between low and high temp are not too critical

GoldenBud,

Marlox

I very much disagree here. Coughing is a very normal regulation procedure of our respiratory system and happens all the time, it's definitely on the lower end of irritations we can experience and actually a sign that the whole system is working fine. Coughing fits, especially when they become painful, are a very different story of course, but your average cough is certainly not a warning sign per se. Some strains heavily tickle my throat even at lower temps – I consider such sensations being an indicator to adapt my inhaling and temp stepping techniques in order not to overload my lungs, but not as a sign for being in unhealthy temp ranges.
And once more it seems like my english skills are not good enough to write what i want to say^^
I wanted to refer to bronchial coughs, not normal coughing.
Your bronchia are very sensible sensors for unhealthy aspirations. If they make you cough, you are probably in an unhealthy temp-range.
I meant that dry, hard, itchy coughing that is caused by a scratching feel in your bronchia. That you think you can withstand, if you want it hard enough, but you can't at the end. That asthma-coughing.
This is why i also mentioned "that one strain", that makes me cough even at lower temps, it's just some hard terpenes i think. But hey, not every dosage is healthy, too.

And hopefully no one will ever feel hot air going down his/her lungs when vaping! ;) That was more of a joke, i thought that ^^ should sign that?
Hopefully i am not using that ^^ wrong, because if so, i do that for years now :doh:
Someone earlier in this thread mentioned something like that (the hot air of vaping could cause problems) and i tried to say that it is very unlikely to be that way.

Sorry for not making myself clear enough.

maremaresing

The fact that it never occurred to me that you were anything but a very polite native english speaker is a huge compliment to your communications skills. Thanks for clarifying the hot air comment!

Top Bottom