Herbalizer safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLion

Hi all,

New to the community and glad to be a part of it. Everyone is welcoming and helpful.

My previous post was removed from the herblizer review thread. Unsure why my question doesn't fit there. I'm sure others will have the same question and the herbalizer thread is probably the best place for this information to be, but i will follow the rules as a good boy. :-)

I'd like everyone's opinion on the safety of materials used and how clean the air is that is inhaled. Especially if any impurities are present from materials used in construction. Their website says:

"The Herbalizer’s components are inert—meaning, they don’t off-gas or impart flavor. From the quartz halogen bulb, stainless steel airway, and medical grade silicon, we spared no expense in the Herbalizer’s components. All you experience is pure, clean, flavorful vapor."

Based on this it seems to satisfy my concern. Do y'all think we can trust this without third party testing? They say the materials used are inert, not sure what this means..eeek! Sorry not a chemist out engineer.

Thanks in advance!

KL

KingLion,
Reactions: CarolKing

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
KL, welcome to the forum.

I'm not aware of any on this site who have the capability to perform the testing needed to verify what you're asking, and if anyone did, I doubt they'd speak up as there's no way they wouldn't be inundated with requests to test vapes and accessories.

So that takes answering down to the level of opinions. Here's mine as a Herbie owner.

Is Herbie safer than....
Smoking = yes
Chinese box vapes = yes
Arizer Solo =?
Arizer EQ =?
Inhaling clean air = no

Please note I only commented on what I have direct experience with.

Others may have different opinions and units of same make and model do vary in build/performance and defects..

Unless you get a defective Herbie, i'd bet you're pretty safe in using it as directed.

MinnBobber

KL,
I have no scientific date but using mine, I detect nothing "extra" when inhaling with no bud in the chamber.

The design team was aero-space engineers whose mission was a clean airpath so I'm confident.
It seems like pure air flows from the design-- airpath to halogen lamp directly below stainless steel bowl so it looks like clean air is achieved.

KingLion

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your responses. I think it's probably a safe bet. Nothing is for sure in this life and it's probably well safer than the combustion method that I'm using currently.

I did some additional research apparently the company is closing? I tried calling a couple times yesterday without being able to reach someone. I'll try again today to find out exactly what's happening and how that effects access to accessories that I may need and warranty.

Thanks again all.

Best. K.L.

KingLion,

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Welcome to FC @KingLion :wave:

Inert (Adjective)
1) No inherent power of motion, action or resistance (opposed to *active*)

2)Chemistry; Having very little or no ability to react

3) Pharmacology; Having zero pharmacological action

4) Inactive by nature

I have never had the pleasure of trying the Herbalizer, so I can't necessarily give an answer.

That said, even Herbalizer owners can only give their opinion and direct feedback from hands on experience.

I can say that the materials and design have earned its place on my wish -list of vaporizers when I hit the lottery.:drool:

Welcome aboard KL:)

Hashtag46&2,

biohacker

My herbalizer smelled alot like plastic when new...like many vapes, but then I didn't notice it. Until I set it aside for a few weeks....when I came back to use it I noticed the plastic smell again upon first use and then it dissipated. For whatever that is worth...it was a fully perfectly functional herbie... but even though I worshipped its technology and vapour quality, in the end I was put off by all the plastic and am not much of a plastic bag and whip kinda guy. I still think it's a marvel of technology, but I would be much more interested in Herbie v.2 (not that they ship out of the USA anymore lol).

biohacker,
Reactions: hibeam
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom