Herbalaire for Medicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

First post here. glad to have found this place.

I medicate with MJ for my jaw, neck, and back. I also medicate for a recalibration of my spiritual center.

I am not very familiar with vaporizers but after this last chest sickness. I'm coughing nasty stuff as we speak and can't medicate sadly.

I have decided on a Herbalaire. my two questions are:

Does the Herbalaire work well for people looking for a heavy indica dominant body stone?
Are there other vaporizers that work better at higher temperatures in the same price range?

Thanks!

proletariat,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Wrong section.

Yes it will work for indica strains and high temps. IMO you will not need to go any higher than the temps of the HA. When I had mine the leftover bud looked like it had nothing left worth saving at that point.

It sounds like you have made a good choice for your particular needs.

darkrom,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Great choice, the HA has served me well and made an excellent first vape. I just hooked mine up to a diffuser and its amazing :tup:

newsetupr.jpg

t-dub,

max

Out to lunch
Does the Herbalaire work well for people looking for a heavy indica dominant body stone?
It's a matter of temp, not brand, so any decent variable temp vape will do.

Are there other vaporizers that work better at higher temperatures in the same price range?
You're attributing too much to model quality. Vaporization is a simple process. With enough care and pratice, you can get good results from a homemade lightbulb vape. Any good brand name will do the job just fine. Which model you get comes down to which features are important to you. Some are better at thick hits- Some better for 'encouraging' you to use less- some take less practice to use- some are easier to use for controlling the temp- some, like the herbalAire, allow you to use direct draw or bag fill.

max,
Reactions: t-dub
thanks darkroom, t-dub and max. I understand now and believe you are correct max. I just needed to read further.

what would any of you all recommend as having the easiest learning curve? I'm assuming the HA? I have tried google'n this and haven't found any discussions so far so sorry if it has been asked before.

proletariat,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The learning curve for the HA wasn't an issue for me, it operates very easily in all modes. What I learned from the HA is: I don't like bags, don't like the stock whip, you don't have to grind but I do and use extra 5/8th screens in the crucibles, direct draw is good but for me hooking up to a diffuser is best. The durability of the HA is great for newbies because accidents happen while routine movements/patterns are being established. The temp control on the HA is pretty good comparatively speaking. The materials and construction are quality and safe.

t-dub,

VapeVoice

I am using my HA more and more now that I am using bubblers for water filtration. The stock mouthpiece fits perfectly into my 14mm downstem!. I think its very easy to use, and second that I grind my herbs as well. As of right now it is my daily driver. I love my Da Buddha but, it is a little cumbersome using the wand and a bubbler IMO. So since I am very pleased with the hits I get from using a quality bubbler, its just an ease of use thing. I don't think you can go wrong with the HA. Very easy to use, quality product!

darkrom

Great Scott!
The HA is IMO a really good starter vape because it is a great value and fairly hard to use it wrong especially with the bags. I only liked using it with bags I didn't enjoy the direct draw with it, but its always good to have options. For someone who likes higher temps I got really high temps with it all the way up and would never want to go any higher. I very rarely went to max temp either.

I'd say its an amazing value when you can find them on amazon and ebay brand new and dirt cheap.

darkrom,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
The HA was my first vape and had me medicated within 10 minutes of opening the package. It's a total no-brainer. It's fairly lightweight and very robust. I've thrown it into my backpack and taken it to parties. Everyone I've shown it to has been impressed by it. However, since getting a log vape I hardly use it any more because I don't particularly like sucking out of bags - there's something a bit unnatural about it, but that's just my opinion. I will always keep my HA because it comes in handy when I've got low grade stuff and I can just fill up the bowl and get a few good bags out of it. If you grow your own and you're impatient you can just pull a bud off the plant and throw it straight in, no need for drying, grinding etc. It effortlessly sucks the bud completely dry.

hazy,

snew

I've found that I can fill a bag and stick the mouth piece in my bong stem. I get a good seal it cools the vape. There's just so much stuff; bong, bag, pump, the tube, the vaporizer and its various parts. I miss the simplicity of smoking. But not the cough. I smoke a bit of hash still, love that full flavor. But by in large my HA fills my needs. Always a good deal coming round. I got my new 2.1 for $97.

snew,
thank you for all the responses guys and or girls.

I ended up deciding on the the Extreme. I was drawn to the simplicity of the HA, but the fact that it can only get up to C 200 as apposed to C 220 with the Extreme was my deciding factor. every other factor became void when I found that out. after I read that effects by temperature article here on FU and on vaporpedia.com I had to go with the extreme to get up higher in temperature.

on another note, i have a story about my mother. she has Fibromyalgia among other health problems. last night I showed her how to make cannbutter and she is going to order herself an extreme now too. it was her first time getting high, and she is 56. I was nervous at first for some reason. it was nice though, like tea time. she said that she enjoyed it and it helped relieve her pain, but that she needed a stronger dose.

ha, already smoking me under the table.

what a wonderful plant.
cheers!

Pro.

proletariat,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
on another note, i have a story about my mother. she has Fibromyalgia among other health problems. last night I showed her how to make cannbutter and she is going to order herself an extreme now too. it was her first time getting high, and she is 56. I was nervous at first for some reason. it was nice though, like tea time. she said that she enjoyed it and it helped relieve her pain, but that she needed a stronger dose.

ha, already smoking me under the table.

what a wonderful plant.
Thanks for sharing that, it warmed my heart. Take care, both of you :peace:

t-dub,

snew

I generally run 365° but some strains have I crank up to 375°. I watch cause somewhere in there I start getting burn.

snew,

snew

Somewhere around/over 375° I start tasting a difference, it irritates my throat maybe even a little cough. So I'm saving the AVB to try and recoop anything I can.

snew,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom