Herb Ripper XL Stainless Steel

Ralph

Hey Folks,
I posted this in vapor related equipment and thought it should have it's own thread. Sorry moderators if I broke any rules here. Definitely not my intention!!! Here's what I said yesterday.

"I just picked up the new Herb Ripper XL a few days ago and all I can say is WOW. I have been using a 4 piece Santa Cruz and Space Case (4 piece medium) shredders for years as well as a Brilliant Cut Grinder for a few months (Gift from a buddy). In my honest opinion The Herb Ripper is in another league. The build quality is outstanding!!!!!! It is machined to perfection and is built like a Tank. I have only used the fine plate which works great with my Mighty Vape. I ordered the standard version ( Shiny) and thought I received the wrong item until I spoke with Kevin. Basically the inside is sandblasted in order to prevent material from sticking to the inside, which after using it can attest to the form and function. I thought the inside would have matched the outside which is why I reached out to Kevin and he explained why all the new grinders are being made with the sandblasted interior. This thing will last forever and literally can be passed down to generations. That's how well this thing is made.

I wanted to buy a stainless steel grinder for a few years now and held off for whatever reason. After a few google searches and what little information I could find online about the Herb Ripper, I decided to take a shot. I am totally glad I did. The Brilliant Cut Grinder did a very nice job of grinding material and was very smooth. However, I noticed some dis-color or that the coating on the inside was fading and getting down to bare aluminum. It wasn't a huge concern, but needless to say it was enough for me to sell it to a buddy who didn't really care. As far as the Santa Cruz is concerned, I was always a tad disappointed in the value/price as well as how cheap it felt in my hand. It's light and does a good job but it never put a smile on my face when using it. I know it sounds stupid!!! I felt the same way about the space case, although I feel it is machined a tad better than the Santa Cruz. It works well and performed as advertised but I still wanted Stainless! Sometimes you just pick something up and hold in in your hand and say WoW!!!! For the first time touching and using the Herb Ripper I just smiled and said WoW!!!!! I love this thing!!!! Anyone on the fence, just buy it!!! You will not be disappointed!!!! Once I use all 3 plates I'll give more feedback. Anyone looking for a 4 piece Santa Cruz Shredder LOL.

Last edited:
Ralph,
Reactions: lookhigh
Top Bottom