Herb packing?

HuskerMath

Okay, something kind of weird happened. Usually, I pack the herb in the wand with the end of a pen to make it stay in there, and it lasted quite awhile. By the time it was used up, the herb was pretty dark brown. Well, I decided to try something new; I didn't pack it AT ALL, and actually put in about 1/3 of what I usually do. Now, of course this amount wouldn't last me as long, but I did four hits last night (usually enough to get me pretty gone), and it wasn't nearly as strong as what I was expecting. I say that this is weird because the herb is still a caramel brown, not dark at all. It's the exact same strain, even off the same bud. What's the deal?

HuskerMath,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Packing it tighter probably just restricts the airflow more causing you to pull harder and heat it up more. Just my guess and observation after using my underdog similarly.

darkrom,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Yeah i find loose packing works best. It increases the surface area exposed to the hot air, as it will flow thru the herb better. Not sure which vape u were using when that happened, but on whip style vapes i usually suck it in the wand and the way it sucks in stays loosely packed. On any other vape id just pour it in and vape it as it lies.

YoGranMazPimp,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
YoGranMazPimp said:
Not sure which vape u were using when that happened, but on whip style vapes i usually suck it in the wand and the way it sucks in stays loosely packed. On any other vape id just pour it in and vape it as it lies.

I do the same when loading my wand/whip, and it seems to work very well.

Vapinghole,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
ok I see... a whip style... so do u stir your herbs during the bowl, in between hits? Yeah i cant explain the color either. Maybe if it was packed, and unstired between hits, the herb repeatedly got vaped on the top surface, causing a darker color? And when loose burned thru out? Just kinda speculating. Not sure tho. But as with most things about vaping, its just a matter of preference and if you enjoy what's been working for you stick with it!

YoGranMazPimp,

HuskerMath

I shake up the wand to the herbs move around, yes. And your theory is probably right, I suppose I'm just surprised and assumed I was doing something wrong.

HuskerMath,
Top Bottom