Herb Funnels?

Zookeeper

Ever since being hit by the efficiency bug, I try my best to minimize waste. Right now, it seems like one of the biggest areas for me to feel wasteful is the process that happens between grinding, and having a filled bowl. Its inevitable that some active product is going to be stuck to the grinder (especially with clear, soft trichomes), but after its tapped out, why should the waste continue?

Between what goes on my fingers, sticks to the folded business card, sticks to the rim of the bowl, and falls to the table, i feel like I'm wasting a large portion of the small amounts that are being ground. Especially with small bowls, like the Arizer Solo, where you have to guide that material into the vapor chamber with accessive handling. I hate rolling up trich dust off my platter..

Soo... I'm just wondering, does anyone have any tips on reducing the waste from unnecessary over handling of the sticky goodness? Anything from methods, to non stick materials, I'd just like some insight on what would work better for my fumbling hands

Zookeeper,
Reactions: Morty

VaporGuy

Lets Get Baked
Ever since being hit by the efficiency bug, I try my best to minimize waste. Right now, it seems like one of the biggest areas for me to feel wasteful is the process that happens between grinding, and having a filled bowl. Its inevitable that some active product is going to be stuck to the grinder (especially with clear, soft trichomes), but after its tapped out, why should the waste continue?

Between what goes on my fingers, sticks to the folded business card, sticks to the rim of the bowl, and falls to the table, i feel like I'm wasting a large portion of the small amounts that are being ground. Especially with small bowls, like the Arizer Solo, where you have to guide that material into the vapor chamber with accessive handling. I hate rolling up trich dust off my platter..

Soo... I'm just wondering, does anyone have any tips on reducing the waste from unnecessary over handling of the sticky goodness? Anything from methods, to non stick materials, I'd just like some insight on what would work better for my fumbling hands
this is what I do: I've got myself a bunch of little amber jars (1 dram each) grind my herb and fill the jars with a funnel made of a twisted and taped paper. I pour the ground herb in the solo bowl directly from the little jar. I found there is little waste this way. And by the way I use the non-stick "parchment paper which are used to line baking pans and cookie sheets to minimize waste.

VaporGuy,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I am kinda OCD about stuff like this and here's what I do. I de stem the big portions and grind up about a half gram on avg. I dump my ground herb directly from my grinder and into my herb container/med bottle. From there i use my whip to suck up a load in the ssv wand or pour it gently into my launch box. My fingers only touch the herb when I destem it basically, no funnels or folded pieces of paper. If in a rare case I need a funnel I use slick photography fliers or something where the glossy paper doesn't trap trichs like the texture of paper does.

Hexi

I do the dump and scoop. Dump grind into a jar, then use small surgical stainless steel scoop. That actually works better for the DaVinci because the DV has the long/skinny chamber, perfect fit for the stainless steel scoop.

Hexi,

Adobewan

..., like the Arizer Solo, where you have to guide that material into the vapor chamber with accessive handling....
With the Solo, Underdog, any log vape, the Inhalater, and the Cloud, suck your meds into the stem like a straw straight from the grinder or med container(see the Cloud thread for the cool use of a bowl to fill the Cloud ELB).

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Got so vaped, responded to a post from 2012 LOOL
Anyway ----->
Anyone tried one of these ? I've seen them for cheap on DHGATE :)

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Morty

VAPEHUNTER

Got so vaped, responded to a post from 2012 LOOL
Anyway ----->
Anyone tried one of these ? I've seen them for cheap on DHGATE :)
I asked about this same "grinder" a while back. Below was the response and a link to the thread I copied it from.

I have one of those, not used it yet beyond a very quick initial test.

It's not actually an electric herb grinder. It's a manual herb grinder with an electric dispensing mechanism.

I tried to use it to fill my GrassHopper and my VapCap but found it was hard to get a decent pack and enough material ended up on the collection mat to lead me to believe I'd lose too much herb if I was to try and use this out and about.

Now those are probably the two hardest bowls to fill for this dispenser as they are narrow but they are the kind of vapes I'd want to be able to fill on the go.

The other thought I had was that this device is large, it's quite long and has a diameter that's easily 1.5x that of an 18650 battery. Way too big to fit in a pocket.

LINK→ http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-electrical-herb-grinder.24406/

Top Bottom