Herb chamber capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

villekille2

Manufacturer
I would like to hear opinions on the ideal capacity for a herb chamber. How much is enough?

villekille2,
Reactions: friedrich

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
.1 or so IMO... I prefer a small bowl and add fresh material more often for maximum taste. Larger is fine if it works well with smaller, but many units seem to work best with a specific pack setting.

Last edited:

Baron23

.1 or so IMO... I prefer a small bowl and add fresh material more often for maximum taste. Larger is fine if it works well with smaller, but many units seem to work best with a specific pack setting.
I'm with you. I don't mind if the load size max goes up to .15 or even .2 as long as the vape can be just as effective with .1 and .05 partial loads. If not, then the max size needs to be reduced and a good compromise is .15 although .1 is even better IMO.

Baron23,

hinglemccringleberry

Depends. I like how my on-the-go stealth vape holds around .28 of a fine grind and tight pack. I can get 3-4 sessions out of it for personal use away from home before I have to deal with reloading. However the drawback is that it doesnt work as good with only 1 session worth of herb in it.
Thats why for a home vape i want something that works to its full potential with only 1 session worth of bud in it...like the sticky bricks. One 0.07 load per sesh with max performance.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: Squiby

JCat

Accessory Maker
I like something that can do .15 to .2 ... smaller just doesn't cut it for me anyways and generally don't want to spend the time sitting there for multiple sessions ...

JCat,

kimura

0.05g-0.10g is standard load size for me (usually closer to .10g). if that's not enough I'd rather just reload and go another round.

so, ideal size would be as big as you want to make it, so long as it still works just as well with 0.05g-0.10g. it can be nice to have the option to load up a bunch and go crazy occasionally, but has to be able to still work with the small loads

kimura,

Rebelistic

For a desktop, I don't mind refilling/stiring etc. mid session so I'm not too fussed. I'd go with a smaller bowl if it means better vapor.
For a portable, I think it needs to fit in a "session" worth without having to mess with it. To me, the Mighty's bowl size is perfect for this. I guess the Mighty takes 0.2-0.25g.

It's a tricky one as everyone seems to have a different size "session" that they like.

Rebelistic,

Aristosseur

Maximum of 100mg, but when alone I can make do with less than half of that. The vaporizer should be efficient with under half bowl.

Aristosseur,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
part of why I like the small chamber size is just because i think i psychologically like having 2-3 packs. That's a big part of why I like the e-nano over the DBV. I'd always do at least 2 packs in the DBV whereas 2-3 e-nano stems still seems like enough as well even though it's way less plant material. So, I like 0.15 to 0.20 grams max, and would like it to work with as small as 0.05g

rabblerouser,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I like the amount needed to pack a mighty bowl but even that much is too much at times for a solo session.

Winegums,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom