Helping new vaper who also smokes tobacco?

MinnBobber

Hi,

I lent out a vape to a lady who has a 20-something year old son who combusts cannabis for his anxiety issues and also smokes cigarettes. We got talking and I explained to her all the positives for vaping/ had her ask her son if he is willing to try vaping and he is.

I did strongly suggest that he stop smoking cannabis for this 7-10 trial period but he will still be smoking cigs.

I assume it will be somewhat harder for him to truly experience the wonderful world of vaping if he is also smoking cigs, correct??

Anything he can do to mitigate the downside of smoking cigs while trying to give vaping a thorough trial period?

I will not be meeting the kid so have no idea what kind of bud he even has----street bought bud so ???
thanks

MinnBobber,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hi,

I lent out a vape to a lady who has a 20-something year old son who combusts cannabis for his anxiety issues and also smokes cigarettes. We got talking and I explained to her all the positives for vaping/ had her ask her son if he is willing to try vaping and he is.

I did strongly suggest that he stop smoking cannabis for this 7-10 trial period but he will still be smoking cigs.

I assume it will be somewhat harder for him to truly experience the wonderful world of vaping if he is also smoking cigs, correct??

Anything he can do to mitigate the downside of smoking cigs while trying to give vaping a thorough trial period?

I will not be meeting the kid so have no idea what kind of bud he even has----street bought bud so ???
thanks
Awesome @MinnBobber that you're trying to help!

This is one scenario in which the VapCap may be of great value! Switching from cig to cig-shaped VapCap would be easy! Some of the smoking habit is repetition of movements and feelings. Don't know if that made sense, but a VapCap would simply feel normal in a smoker's hand.

Also, VapCap can REALLY roast the herbs and reaching those upper temps, one coming from a combustion background may find it an easier adjustment period.

One battle at a time. First giving up combusting MMJ, next giving up combusting tobacco. (VapCap has a unit for ejuice.).

Hope this helps and best of luck to your friend!

MinnBobber

Also, VapCap can REALLY roast the herbs and reaching those upper temps, one coming from a combustion background may find it an easier adjustment period.
Thanks.

I did tell the mom (and in my brief written instructions) that the lowest temps give more whispy vapor and the top temps will give a fuller vapor/ more like a smoking a J type hit. So hopefully he'll get some strong vape hits.

I don't have a VapCap but if he likes vaping I'll be helping find a vape for him as mom may give him an early Xmas present.

She won't get it to the son til Saturday so I may also ask her to see if he has any combustion bubblers/bongs. If he does, I'll get her a couple silicone adapters to try to connect as he should be able to get some really big rips thru water :)

My true estimate to her was that for equal effect, vaping uses about 1/5 of the amount you'd need to combust. Her eyes light up over that----so this would save him some money? Yes ____ unless he gets severe VAS or GAS ;)
Do others feel it is 1/5? I'd say at least IMO, in my experience.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: DDave

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Not necessarily. I transitioned to vaping cannabis 100% whilst still smoking cigs and have no cravings to return to combusting my herbage. They are separate cravings IMO and the link between the two was practically nonexistent for me.

Hopefully he can kick the cigs, too. Hell, I'm still hoping to do the same someday, but that's a whole other battle for me. :ugh:

:peace:

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
Provide him with a pack of MacBarren 7 seas Royal pipe tobacco along with non-glass VapCap. Wait month or two, he will convert.
Let's fuck combustion!

Xelatsok,
Reactions: Squiby

MinnBobber

Not necessarily. I transitioned to vaping cannabis 100% whilst still smoking cigs and have no cravings to return to combusting my herbage. They are separate cravings IMO and the link between the two was practically nonexistent for me.
Thanks for this perspective. I didn't ever smoke cigs but thought that might hinder his trial run with vaping cannabis.
I hope he likes the vaping and that he has some decent dried/cured bud as no telling what he gets when buying off the streets

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Stu
Top Bottom