Help with a “log vape”

Colluleo

Hello everyone, I would like if anyone can give me some tips to solve a small problem.

After almost a year with my loved sticky brick runt, I thought to copy his vaping system ( flame intake, channels, bowl, ecc ) and applying it to an olive logwood.
So wich is the problem? How to make perfect aligned holes on both sides.
that holes will be for the magnets. If the log was a Parallelepiped, It would have been easy to keep the two pieces aligned to mark the center of the hole. But mine has an irregular shape,it’s not a perfect ciylinder. How can i precisely mark the holes?
Will a photo so you can easily understand what I’m talking about.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Colluleo,

GoldenBud

Where is the heater?
wait... you just want a sbl device into this form of wood? why? what will it give you? the sbl form is great

just remember please - you don't want the glass intake away from your face/control. there's a reason sbl looks how it looks...

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: Colluleo

Colluleo

Where is the heater?
wait... you just want a sbl device into this form of wood? why? what will it give you? the sbl form is great

just remember please - you don't want the glass intake away from your face/control. there's a reason sbl looks how it looks...
Yes I’m trying to apply the sbl vaping system to a pipe of olive wood.. just for fun man😁
The glass intake is not away from my face/control… dimensions are like an hammer by tinystems.. his works made my want to try woodworking

Colluleo,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes I’m trying to apply the sbl vaping system to a pipe of olive wood.. just for fun man😁
The glass intake is not away from my face/control… dimensions are like an hammer by tinystems.. his works made my want to try woodworking

I would suggest looking further into the DIY section, people have done this, it's not called a log vape though, that is something else! (This would be like direct torch connection) Good luck :tup:

GoldenBud

I would suggest looking further into the DIY section, people have done this, it's not called a log vape though, that is something else! (This would be like direct torch connection) Good luck :tup:
yeah it's not a log vape by definition, it's more like... SBL the risky version? kind of? like, what happens if the herb screen is not placed 100% right? you may inhale all the herb into your lungs.... :sherlock:

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
Here is what I would do :
- Drill the airpath hole
- Cut (you want a pretty thin saw if you want to have a nice joint between the two cut pieces, if you have one, a japanese saw is perfect).
- Then I would put a paper on the surface area of the cut on one of the two pieces.
- I would use a pen to mark the center of the holes for the magnets, and cut the piece of paper so it's exactly the same shape than the cut surface.
- I would then photocopy that piece of paper, and transfer the holes marks from one side of the paper to the other side (you can use light under a flat glass to see your marks through the paper).
- Then you can glue your two pieces of paper on your respective two pieces of wood with spray adhesive for paper.

(Alternatively, you can skip the photocopy and glue part and just transfer the holes marks on the paper piece and poke your holes marks on the wood with the help of both sides of the single paper piece on the two wood pieces.)

Obviously to drill the holes you'll want to be perpendicular to the cut surface, vices could be helpfull.

Top Bottom