Help me choose a vaporizer/bong setup

So my iolite finally broke after 2 years and my toro is no longer around so I want to buy a new vaporizer/bong setup. I mostly smoke herbs but occasional concentrates. I don't really have an idea on what to get and i would probably use it in a dorm since I have my own room. any help would be great!

Vaporlover,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
The cloud is great. You also couldn't go wrong with the solo. Both winners imo.

mvapes,
Reactions: MrNorml

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Get the Cloud if you can afford it. If $ is an issue I recommend an HerbalAire. I have used one with great success for vapor-bonging. Its conduction/convection mix really can chalk a tube nicely but you must complete your session at that moment since percolation occurs while the load sits between pulls. The unit itself is practically indestructible and it operates in multiple modes. Its nice because the pump is separate so you can stash it away. Direct draw mode wasn't bad either but nothing medicates like the Cloud :D

t-dub,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, good vapes for vape-bonging (IMO)

The cloud - seems to pretty much be at the pinnacle of vape tech right now, designed for use with water pieces, and comes with a hydratube - a nice piece of glass designed specifically to be used with the cloud. (still has somewhat limited availability, especially outside the US)

LSV - one of my favourite vapes I own, also heavily designed for use with water tools. It has a extremely quick heatup time (3-5mins), is quite durable, and a very high quality vape.

Log vape - either HI (currenty has a wait list), UD, or WychWood.
All of these are considered heavy hitters, and work great with water pieces.
The airflow in these logs is somewhat more restricted than the LSV, but it is still a pleasurable experience.

Solo - only portable on the list.
Quite heavily restricted draw, but can milk up a tube like nobody's business.
Better for smaller volume glassware IMO.

My personal top pick is the LSV, but that'll probably change when I get a cloud ;)

Glass:
There are so many options :D

I really love my 2 David goldstein fritted disc diffused pieces - the are ultra high diffusion, fairly low drag pieces.

IMO, anyone who has any appreciation for diffusion should own at least 1 fritter.

It depends on budget though.
A 250ml EHLE straight tube will do the job fine, on the cheaper side of things, but just a few pieces I like using while vape-bonging:
Möbius reti bubbler
Möbius matrix bubbler
EFS gridded donut

Frederick McGuire,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, good vapes for vape-bonging (IMO)

Solo - only portable on the list.
Quite heavily restricted draw, but can milk up a tube like nobody's business.
Better for smaller volume glassware IMO.

I beg to differ. :p

And it wasn't any wimpy smaller glassware, either.

BigDaddyVapor,
Thanks for all the input! Definitely getting the cloud. Anyone have a suggestion for which tube that I get?

Vaporlover,

mscm888

Pick whichever is in stock. I got the Evolver HydraCirc and it works perfectly. It has cosmetic flaws in the slits on the perc and one feature leans slightly.

mscm888,
Top Bottom