Help me choose a new portable vape please.

Vaporhead99

I have been vaping for a number of years now, using the extreme Q as my main vape when at home and the mflb when on my travels.

I am very happy with both but I would like an alternative portable, ideally I want one that can be charged via the mains at home and then used on the go.

The V2 pro series 7 is the vape that has caught my eye but as I haven't looked at the latest vapes for over 3 years I'm well behind on what the best vapes currently are.

My budget for this vape would be around £150 GBP or £200 USD, all suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have several portable vaporizers and there is always new ones coming out every week. I suggest a vaporizer that's been out for a year or so. That way you can see the vaporizer's history.

I have about 9 portables often it comes down to personal preference. I prefer an all mainly glass air path myself. That can be difficult with a portable. I like the Solo, it's kinda chubby (about the size of a can of red bull) and I like the Solo's sister vape which is the Arizer Air. Both have an all glass air path but you can buy wooden mouthpieces so you don't need to worry about breaks. The Air is the slimmer more stealth unit it also has user replaceable batteries

I would suggest narrowing it down to 4 or 5 vaporizers. Then read through about 5 pages or so of each one. The Haze is a nice one and it also has a basket for concentrates. It doesn't have an all glass air path but it might suit your needs. It has a 10 year warranty.

Squiby

I have been vaping for a number of years now, using the extreme Q as my main vape when at home and the mflb when on my travels.

I am very happy with both but I would like an alternative portable, ideally I want one that can be charged via the mains at home and then used on the go.

The V2 pro series 7 is the vape that has caught my eye but as I haven't looked at the latest vapes for over 3 years I'm well behind on what the best vapes currently are.

My budget for this vape would be around £150 GBP or £200 USD, all suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

The Dynavap line of vaporizers (Vapcaps) were introduced last year and have become very popular. They are heated externally. So, no batteries to worry about and unlike other vapes that require a specific torch to heat them, the Dynavap Vapcap can use any external heat source; torch lighter, bic lighter, candle flame, stove element, oil lamp, etc.

They are EXCELLENT vaporizers.

They come in several models from the all glass model, OG Vapcap ($40 USA) to a titanium bowl, wood body model, Ti Woody ($75 USA) to an indestructible all titanium model, the Omni ($150 USA), and a few other models as well.

The efficiency and fun factor of this tiny marvel has dethroned my other vapes and I now use my Dynavap Omni exclusively. It has a very smooth vapour and is an absolute pleasure to use in the home or on the go. It is probably the tiniest vape out there, basically the size and shape of a cigarette. The modular design lets you customize the look and feel and I think that they are stunningly beautiful.

There are also several dugout container models called Dynastash/ER that houses your vapcap and 1 - 3 stash choices, flower or concentrate. They fit nicely in your pocket as does the Vapcaps just on their own.

To top it all off the inventor, George @VapCap offers stellar customer service and is a joy to work with. Check out the Dynavap thread on this forum:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-213#post-997921

And George's website:http://www.dynavap.com/product-category/vapcap-vaporizers/

This is a picture of the Omni sporting a short Blackwood body

Here are some modular combination ideas of what is available along with a couple Dynastash/ERs.

5rH9Hzn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

stinkytofus

haze v3, portable, prepack, different cans for different needs, it vapes just as good as my ff2, ff2 tastes better, i can pack my herbs canisters with 0.08g to 0.12g, not bad, 10 nice pulls, switch it to higher settings and pull a few more times

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I would check out the Boundless CF or the CFX. The CF is smaller and cheaper with the same battery life and performance so I feel it's better overall. The CFX has a big display, higher temps, and has fully adjustable temps instead of presets. The presets on the CF are quite good, and the display on the CFX is nice but takes away from the stealth aspect. I have the CFX and love it but might switch to a CF.

As far as performance, they are basically the same. They produce tasty thick vapor effortlessly. No learning curve and no special technique. They work well with small loads or big, the chamber is relatively large. And they are not picky with regards to grind.

They are primarily conduction but there is definitely some convection involved as well. I think it's a great mix actually and gives a unique fun vape signature, more stoney than my other vapes which are convection.

Vaporhead99

I have several portable vaporizers and there is always new ones coming out every week. I suggest a vaporizer that's been out for a year or so. That way you can see the vaporizer's history.

I would suggest narrowing it down to 4 or 5 vaporizers. Then read through about 5 pages or so of each one. The Haze is a nice one and it also has a basket for concentrates. It doesn't have an all glass air path but it might suit your needs. It has a 10 year warranty.

Haha. that is pretty much exactly what I've done so far and also done with my previous two vape purchases, researched few that have been out a while and then narrow it down however this time I really am split and also posted a lazy opening post :uhoh:

I have narrowed it down to 3 however I can't choose between the V2 pro series 7, the Haze or the Pax 2.

I suppose for me the main things I want from it apart from the obvious having a good vape (which I'm sure they all do) are, having a good battery, being easy to clean, size & weight (the smaller & lighter the better), fewer attachments needed to the better.

I'm now leaning towards the Haze with the V2 pro series 7 in 2nd place whilst the Pax is the outsider.

I would check out the Boundless CF or the CFX. The CF is smaller and cheaper with the same battery life and performance so I feel it's better overall. The CFX has a big display, higher temps, and has fully adjustable temps instead of presets. The presets on the CF are quite good, and the display on the CFX is nice but takes away from the stealth aspect. I have the CFX and love it but might switch to a CF.

As far as performance, they are basically the same. They produce tasty thick vapor effortlessly. No learning curve and no special technique. They work well with small loads or big, the chamber is relatively large. And they are not picky with regards to grind.

They are primarily conduction but there is definitely some convection involved as well. I think it's a great mix actually and gives a unique fun vape signature, more stoney than my other vapes which are convection.

That sounds good, I did come across the CFX in my research but for some reason never looked at it again even though it sounded great and the CF sounded just as good, I will definitely look in to this one further too, thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist

I have about 9 portables often it comes down to personal preference. I prefer an all mainly glass air path myself. That can be difficult with a portable. I like the Solo, it's kinda chubby (about the size of a can of red bull) and I like the Solo's sister vape which is the Arizer Air. Both have an all glass air path but you can buy wooden mouthpieces so you don't need to worry about breaks. The Air is the slimmer more stealth unit it also has user replaceable batteries

Carol, we need to come to your house to test drive these units! :)

Does one unit out-perform the others in odor-control, etc.? Ease of cleaning?

Too bad the laws don't support test-driving a vape :( oooo, brand new idea for a coop/collective!

In CA a patient buys all the portables, only other patients with verified rec's can come to see them, bring their own meds and test drive a sanitized portable for a nominal donation (what's it worth to be able to test drive a ton of vapes in one place? 5$ 10$ 20$?). Whaddyathink? :)

Mr. Me2

Haha. that is pretty much exactly what I've done so far and also done with my previous two vape purchases, researched few that have been out a while and then narrow it down however this time I really am split and also posted a lazy opening post :uhoh:

I have narrowed it down to 3 however I can't choose between the V2 pro series 7, the Haze or the Pax 2.

I suppose for me the main things I want from it apart from the obvious having a good vape (which I'm sure they all do) are, having a good battery, being easy to clean, size & weight (the smaller & lighter the better), fewer attachments needed to the better.

I'm now leaning towards the Haze with the V2 pro series 7 in 2nd place whilst the Pax is the outsider.

That sounds good, I did come across the CFX in my research but for some reason never looked at it again even though it sounded great and the CF sounded just as good, I will definitely look in to this one further too, thanks for the suggestion.
I haven't tried the v2pro series 7, but have a series 3 which I NEVER use. It never performed as expected and I don't care for the build quality.

I had a pax1 and now have a pax2 (and others). The pax2 battery life is great, as is its build quality and warranty (10 years). It has a great form factor.; definitely stealthy. Cleaning isn't a super big deal (much easier than the pax1). Daily is next to nothing, and a deep cleaning isn't needed too often.

Having said that, I just got a grasshopper and it's unbelievable. The only negative from your wish list is its battery life. But its battery is replaceable and extras are cheap. It also depends on your intended use; its best for solo use. The 2 other things of note are the wait to get one, and as a new to market vape, some people are having to make warranty claims. But this new company is standing behind its product with a lifetime warranty. Super stealthy, easy to clean...what else can I say?

Phenix

I just throw in the vapman (alternative? to vapcap).
I cant say much about as Im ordering one actually, but imo it looks nicer (and its made in Switzerland)

Phenix,
Reactions: Choughed

Squiby

I just throw in the vapman (alternative? to vapcap).
I cant say much about as Im ordering one actually, but imo it looks nicer (and its made in Switzerland)

I have a few vapmans, both the basic and the mica classic. I prefer the mica classic, but both are nice. They are cute as a button and are great vaporizers. In fact, before I received my Vapcaps, the Vapman and the Lotus were my daily drivers. Both the Vapman and the Lotus are very very nice vapes in my book. I am sure that you will be very happy with your Vapman. Although mine is on the back shelf right now, I will absolutely NOT be getting rid of it and am sure I will come back to it at some point.

In terms of ease of operation, vapour quality and consistency and pleasure to use, here is how I rate them.

1. Vapcap
2. Vapman
3. Lotus

The Vapcap wins for me because I find the vapour just slightly smoother. Also, both the Vapman and the lotus require a butane powered single flame torch lighter, which is fine, but the Vapcap can be used with just about any heat source. This detail has unexpectantly turned out to be soooo incredibly handy. Run out of butane, no problem. Turn on the stove, grab a Bic or light a candle. And finally, I just find the Vapcap to be more fun to use. :nod::clap::love:

The bottom line is that any of these three vapes should make most anyone happy, but I like the Vapcap the best. :love::luv::love:

Last edited:
Top Bottom