HELP !! MAJOR problems with VaporOutlet.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwien

Need some expert advice here guys.

I ordered ordered a SpaceCase from these guys over a week ago. When I ordered it, they said the unit was in stock as their site said it was and that I will receive it in 2 to 3 days. Over 5 days passed and no SpaceCase, so I called them back, and they said that they were on backorder. As they were telling me this, I had their site up, and it said that they were in stock and available. Lie #1.

Jeff there said that they will get them in the next day, and that he would call me one way or the other. I did not get the call. Lie #2

Called back..........it's now been over a week. He said that they STILL don't have them in stock and if I would like a SharpStone instead. I said no and requested that they just reverse the charges on my credit card and cancel the order. He said that the accounting department was out at lunch and that he would call me back as soon as he talked to them to confirm the refund. I never got a call back.........Lie #3.

So they have my money, and I don't have what I ordered. So yeah, now my only recourse is to file a dispute with my credit card company which, according to them, could take up to 120 days to resolve.

So.........if any of you guys know anyone over at VaporOutlet, I sure would appreciate a hand here. If not, I suggest NOT to do business with these guys. Some of you MAY have had good experiences there, but I'm in a real bind here with these guys.

I've sent them numerous e-mails.............no responses.
They have said that they will call me back with a resolution...............no callbacks.
And now, they are not answering their phones.

ARGGGGGG..............!!!

lwien,

NoSmoke

Yeah honestly I really don't have confidence ordering from 3rd party distributors but when it comes to grinders you really don't have a choice. My reccomendation would be to buy your accesories locally and vapes direct from the manufacturer, my online experiences have been with 7th floor and Vriptech and they both have been really good. 3rd party online distributors have always seemed shady to me not only in the online vape world.

NoSmoke,

mrshock486

Sorry to hear about your experiences Lwien. I'm not sure if you've checked out this thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=334&p=1
someone reported that vaporoutlet didn't respond to their inquiries(shady). How long have you been waiting in total? a week? There's still hope.
For future purchases, use the suggested sellers and re-sellers on the thread above as they have been confirmed by other FC members.

mrshock486,

lwien

My final email to these yahoos:

-------------------------------------

So now you guys are closed and I STILL didn't get the promised phone call from Jeff on my requested refund (see two previous emails)

You have my money, and I don't have the product I ordered, and I am NOT getting my phone calls returned or my emails answered.

I can only assume, then, that you guys are scamming me. What else am I to assume from you lack of attention to this matter?

If I don't get resolution to this, along with an answer to this email within the next 24 hours, you will leave me no choice other than filing a dispute with my credit card company as well as informing EVERYONE that I know (and don't know), on EVERY vapor and cannabis site on the net about your fraudulent practices. Your failure to call me back when you say that you will, your failure to answer these emails, you're failure to send me the product that I ordered...........and.............your failure to reverse the charges on my credit card leaves me no choice.

I am truly hoping that I will hear from you before I have to resort to such measures. You have already lost one customer over this. It would be a shame to lose many more over the cost of a SpaceCase grinder.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note (this was not part of the email ;)), I also ordered a scale from Old Will Knott Scales. What a GREAT company to do business with. Received the product as promised along with a note URGING me to contact them if I have ANY problems whatsoever. Couldn't be happier with them. Highly recommended for any of your scale needs.

Ok, I'm done whining about this. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up so you don't get caught in the same mess as I did.

Take care..........

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
NoSmoke said:
Yeah honestly I really don't have confidence ordering from 3rd party distributors but when it comes to grinders you really don't have a choice. My reccomendation would be to buy your accesories locally and vapes direct from the manufacturer, my online experiences have been with 7th floor and Vriptech and they both have been really good. 3rd party online distributors have always seemed shady to me not only in the online vape world.
I kinda disagree. It depends on the product. With the two you mention, the manufacturer site is by far the best way to go. The same would apply for the Herborizer and the PD (if you want anything but the standard Cherry). The SSV, unless some dealer offers 10% off, and you're not picky about the looks, is much better purchased at 7th Floor. Gives you best choice of glass and you save on shipping if you want extra tubing, screens, etc. Hard to find Vriptech anywhere but their site. But for the typical vape, dealers often have a better price. If they're selling on eBay you almost always get the best deal there. And both eBay and PayPal have buyer protection. By far the best deal on an I-inhale is from UK sellers on eBay. They sell to the US for as little as $150 (delivered). Straight from I-inhale the price is $255 plus shipping.

There are quite a few new on-line dealers these days, and considering the economy, it's probably a good idea to avoid them. They may be having trouble staying in business. But dealers don't set up shop to rip people off. It's not a good payoff. The word would get around fast. But dealers like Vaporstore and Vapenow are solid and aren't going anywhere. And you can always get 10% off from either. Those two pretty much cover any vapes that are widely sold in the US.

Unless Vaporoutlet has just gone broke and the creditors are after them, I wouldn't panic after only a week lwien. They've put a lot of time and money into that site and are paying big $ to Google to get a top search listing. They may be in over their heads, but their intention is to be a big time dealer. Most vape dealers are smaller than they appear, and don't have a big customer service staff, especially the ones just getting started. I'd keep after them for a refund, then contact your credit card company if you don't get satisfaction.

max,

lwien

max said:
Unless Vaporoutlet has just gone broke and the creditors are after them, I wouldn't panic after only a week lwien. They've put a lot of time and money into that site and are paying big $ to Google to get a top search listing. They may be in over their heads, but their intention is to be a big time dealer. Most vape dealers are smaller than they appear, and don't have a big customer service staff, especially the ones just getting started. I'd keep after them for a refund, then contact your credit card company if you don't get satisfaction.
Yeah, I know a week isn't a long time, but it's what has happened within that week that has me really concerned. No response to emails. Not calling when they said they would. Telling me the SpaceCase was in the mail, and that I'd receive it in 2 to 3 days, when in fact, the product was on backorder and yet their site said then and NOW that the product IS available and NOT on backorder. And then, after finally asking for a refund, stating that their accounting dept is out to lunch, but he'd call me back today to confirm a refund, and not only did he fail to call me back, but they are also not answering their phones.

Their site looks really nice and professionally done, and is one of the reasons that I went with them, along with the 10% discount and priority shipping that they offered.

Ya know, it's that old business adage, and that is if you really want to be successful, always underpromise and overdeliver, especially if "their intention is to be a big time dealer". They have done just the opposite.

If they would have just said, "The SpaceCase is currently on backorder, and it could be anywhere between a week to 3 weeks before we get them back in stock" when I first ordered it, I would have been just fine with that.

Will give it a few more days to see what happens.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
It does sound like they're bullshitting you big time. Saying 'it's in the mail' when they know (or should know) they're out of stock is just stupid. Accounting dept. out to lunch is pretty funny. At most they've probably got a bookkeeper who also does shipping/receiving and sweeps up.

I don't know how a company can operate like this and not expect to get a bad reputation. Software that can't indicate when an item is out of stock is understandable, but they should have notified you of that as soon as you placed your order. I'd keep trying to contact them if I were you. Keep a record of your contacts (and attempts) and their responses. Your credit card company will surely ask about this. I'd be calling the cc company the first part of next week if you can't get an assurance that they'll give you a refund.

max,

lwien

Update.

Sent them 5 emails over a 3 day period (being that no one was answering their phones) and I STILL haven't received a response from any of them...............and NO returned phone calls.

I called them again this morning, and lo and behold, Patrick answered the phone and said that in fact my order has been cancelled but that it would take 5 business days for the refund to go thru. No apologies......................nothing.

So regarding "an assurance" that I will in fact get a refund? I really won't know that until I see it reflected on my credit card account, for at this point, I can't believe ANYTHING that these guys say.

All I wanted was a grinder delivered in 2 to 3 days as was advertised. Seems like such a simple request, no?

lwien,

lwien

Beezleb said:
let us know what happens.
Will do. Ya know, as expensive as the SpaceCases are, I really can't afford to purchase another grinder until this refund goes through, so the bummer is, is that I have to wait 2 weeks from the time that I decided that I wanted it, to the time that I can place an order with another company.............which brings up something else. Should I go with GratefulBuys next time?

lwien,

Zerstubermann

lwien, I am sorry to hear about your problems Vaporoutlet.com.

I too am having similar problems. There website has now way to check your order on-line, no one answers the phones at the 1-800# and no response to e-mails.

I ordered a Da Buddha and the item was in stock when I made my order, now the website shows the item back ordered until March 14th.

Starting to sound like your post isn't it.

I would like to thank the posters on this and other websites in helping me make my selection of the Da Buddha, I am looking forward to trying it out once I have it delivered from one vender or another.

Please update this post once you have found out anything more, I will do the same.

Zerstubermann

Zerstubermann,

lwien

Sorry to hear that Zerstaubermann. I hope you get your Buddha and I get my refund. These guys have some MAJOR issues.

lwien,

lwien

Finally got my grinder from these guys............at least I didn't get ripped, but man, what a hassle to get a damn grinder.

btw, to you guys that got Space Case grinders, did you just get it wrapped in bubble wrap, or did it come in its own box (other than the UPS box)

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
lwien said:
Finally got my grinder from these guys............at least I didn't get ripped, but man, what a hassle to get a damn grinder.

btw, to you guys that got Space Case grinders, did you just get it wrapped in bubble wrap, or did it come in its own box (other than the UPS box)
I thought you were after a refund? No, you don't get a box or a cloth pouch with the Space Case. It was the same with the Mendo I bought. I've gotten one or the other with cheaper grinders, but the highest priced ones only come in bubble wrap? :/

max,

lwien

I WAS after a refund. While waiting for it, I read a few more threads here, and I think it was Songa that mentioned that the small SC offered up a finer grind then the medium, and after waiting so long, I came up to an assumption that they just don't want to give refunds, so I called them back and asked the, "Would it be easier for you guys if I just changed my order from a medium to a small, and you guys just refund me the diff. They said, "Yes, that would be MUCH easier." So I did, and guess what? Within 5 minutes, my refund went thru on my credit card. I got the small SC 2 days later.

lwien,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom