Help! Extracting oil from a cartridge

shadowbuddy27

7xXUl2n.jpg
my cartridge stopped working, and there is oil left in it. I'm trying to figure out how to get it out. I have 3 different batteries so I know it is the cartridge. I'm including a pic, I am very frustrated can someone please help. Thank you

Modnote: Edited to display image

Last edited by a moderator:
shadowbuddy27,
Reactions: nosmoking

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
You could heat it with a torch trying to keep enough distance to keep the temp low enough so it turns to a runnier oil and pours out. Another way is to soak the pen in ISO overnight and purge the ISO after.

What cart is that btw? Looks similar to the Trinity Tank.

nosmoking,
Reactions: FlyingLow

shadowbuddy27

You could heat it with a torch trying to keep enough distance to keep the temp low enough so it turns to a runnier oil and pours out. Another way is to soak the pen in ISO overnight and purge the ISO after.

What cart is that btw? Looks similar to the Trinity Tank.
I have no idea what kind it is. I got them from a friend in Pennsylvania. Maybe I'm not to bright lol, but how do I soak it.

shadowbuddy27,

StickyShisha2

i don't know that cartridge. does it open any more or come apart?

i would use a shotglass and some everclear to get the goodies out of that cart. then pour that golden alcohol into a glass pie dish and dry it up with a hair drier. ready for scraping up with a clean razor.

StickyShisha2,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
To soak it you just pour some ISO or Alcohol in a shot glass or similar and put the cart in the ISO completely submerged and let it soak. The ISO will turn brown as it collects the concentrate. After its soaked a few hours or overnight you remove the cart. Then you have to purge it which is a process to remove the ISO. If your not already slightly familiar with extracting oil using ISO or alcohol I would not recommend trying just for this.

Another option is to get a syringe kit for vape pens online.

nosmoking,

shadowbuddy27

Thank you. I tried a syringe but couldn't get that to work I will try the alcohol. Thanks again for the advice.

shadowbuddy27,

blackstone

You could roll tiny pieces of cotton into string shapes, and place the end of them inside using a needle.
Combined with gentle heat to warm the contents, this should wick most of it up into the cotton,
and this can be enjoyed quite well in a Volcano on high setting, or some other vapes lend themselves to vaping from cotton also, even the Pax full conduction can do it in some cases!

If you can open the cart up to shove in more cotton, even better!

If it's difficult you could try wetting the cotton and/or the oil with some alcohol and this might make it easier, but be sure to evaporate it fully before you vape.

blackstone,
Reactions: macbill

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Even under the best scenario, how much do you anticipate you will pull out of this cart?

IMO the effort is not worth the reward, and you are likely going to foul the taste real fucked if you do get it out.

Hold the cart upright or put it on your batt. Start hitting the top of the tank with a SMALL torch (NOT big ones used for quarts- little ones used for cigarettes) and work your way down as the concentrate melts (as suggested above). Get it to all pool up at the bottom where the atomizer is, take a few big rips, and throw the cart out!

Top Bottom