help a noob with a vape maximise their weed

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Hey FC,

I have a craft vaporizer and I have cleaned out a load of resin and kept it in baggy.
What can I do with this resin and what is this resin?

Safe x
Do you have a crafty vaporizer or a homemade vape? What do you load into the vape? I like to collect my resin and roll it in kief then add it to a small bed of cannabis.

Welcome to FC @Timstar93 :wave:

Timstar93

Do you have a crafty vaporizer or a homemade vape? What do you load into the vape? I like to collect my resin and roll it in kief then add it to a small bed of cannabis.

Welcome to FC @Timstar93 :wave:

Yes bro, thanks for the response.

I have a crafty vaporiser by Storz and Bickel.
What does roll it in kief mean?

Also, what exactly is the resin? can it be vapid on its own?
how could I use it in cooking.

I want to know everything there is to know about this resin haha

Timstar93,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Yes bro, thanks for the response.
No problem, I reccomend getting acquainted with how to search this forum, also get familiar with the rules. Everything your wondering is all dispersed here from concentrates, cooking, as well as many many more categories and amazing people! The quick answers to your questions are kief is the powdery substance that falls of your herbs and yes resins can be vaped by itself but for a bunch of vapes you have to make layers or aka sammies/sandwiches of resin and herbs. Make sure you study the thread or best of thread of all your vapes and you'll be a pro in no time! Best of luck, have a great journey!

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
The resin contains significant amounts of THC, so it's definitely worth saving. By weight, it's more concentrated than the weed that created it.

As suggested, you could put a small amount on a regular vape fill, and you could also just dissolve it in something "fatty" like hot butter or coconut oil - any active chemicals will bond to the fat molecules.

I did this recently with some wax residue. I dissolved it in maybe 2 tablespoons of warm/hot coconut oil, then melted in some dark chocolate and refrigerate to harden. Probably the most powerful eatables I've made to date - and that's counting chocolates made from hi-end bud.

phooka

The thca was mostly converted to thc when it was vaped. That means it's ready for direct consumption with psychoactive benefit. Additionally, the cbda converted to cbd's, and some of the delta 9 thc into cbn.

Like Solomon said, mix it with something fatty and eat it. Also save your vaped guts. They still contain up to 40% of the goodies. Make butter with it for your toast in the morning :zzz:

Timstar93

-++++++++
No problem, I reccomend getting acquainted with how to search this forum, also get familiar with the rules. Everything your wondering is all dispersed here from concentrates, cooking, as well as many many more categories and amazing people! The quick answers to your questions are kief is the powdery substance that falls of your herbs and yes resins can be vaped by itself but for a bunch of vapes you have to make layers or aka sammies/sandwiches of resin and herbs. Make sure you study the thread or best of thread of all your vapes and you'll be a pro in no time! Best of luck, have a great journey!

You're a boss bro.
Rolling resin in kief sounds like a dope idea haha.
Thanks for your advice man

Timstar93,

Timstar93

The resin contains significant amounts of THC, so it's definitely worth saving. By weight, it's more concentrated than the weed that created it.

As suggested, you could put a small amount on a regular vape fill, and you could also just dissolve it in something "fatty" like hot butter or coconut oil - any active chemicals will bond to the fat molecules.

I did this recently with some wax residue. I dissolved it in maybe 2 tablespoons of warm/hot coconut oil, then melted in some dark chocolate and refrigerate to harden. Probably the most powerful eatables I've made to date - and that's counting chocolates made from hi-end bud.
Hey Solomon thanks for your response.

Just to clarify (so I'm not doing it wrong).

I can go to the shop and get a lion bar; melt the lion bar; melt some coconut oil with my resin; mix eeverhthing together and put it in the refrigerator; eat it and get wavey?? And it's that simple?

I'm asking this because I watched a friend make hash brownies two weeks ago and it seemed a lot longer of a process

Timstar93,

fogvalley

Dark vaper
I have been on here since dec, learning the whole time and I had been smoking since 91. Now since January. but I have realized how to double my purchase through avb edibles.

fogvalley,

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Hey Solomon thanks for your response.

Just to clarify (so I'm not doing it wrong).

I can go to the shop and get a lion bar; melt the lion bar; melt some coconut oil with my resin; mix eeverhthing together and put it in the refrigerator; eat it and get wavey?? And it's that simple?

I'm asking this because I watched a friend make hash brownies two weeks ago and it seemed a lot longer of a process

Yep, you got it ;)

What you probably remember is the much longer process of taking fresh bud and turning it into an eatable - you would have to decarb it and then use a process (most use the long slow simmer for several hours process), then strain out the bud, and if using butter, chill to separate the hardened oil.

In your case, you already have "activated oil" to begin with - so you are starting at the last step of basically diluting it a little so you can easily combine it with something else, in this case a "fat' like oil or butter. Then mixing it with chocolate so it becomes palatable.

The oil chocolate mix will harden in the frig or freezer, but will be "melty" at room temp depending upon how hard of a chocolate you start with and how much oil you mix in. I mix approx 1/2 cup of infused coconut oil with approx 5oz of very dark chocolate (it's harder choclate). During the oil-chocolate mixing process you don't need a lot of heat, and avoid getting any water in it (it messes up the chocolate).

Have fun :-)

smolderson_bud

...you already have "activated oil" to begin with - so...

Can something like this (the simple route) be done with kief as well, or just resin?

Then....what is the best equation to use to start out with so we can see how it works for us, and then increase accordingly from there? Like,
(not that I'm going to make that big of a recipe, but just to get the equation down)
a teaspoon of kief + ?? of coconut oil + ? of dark chocolate

Also, do we melt the chocolate in a tiny pan/pot on stove (or in micro)?

smolderson_bud,

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Can something like this (the simple route) be done with kief as well, or just resin?

Also, do we melt the chocolate in a tiny pan/pot on stove (or in micro)?

Nope, I don't believe keif is activated. Resin/reclaim is activated because it was heated and vaporized, and then condensed back into a solid.

You can melt the chocolate on the stove under a very very low heat - or use a dbl-boiler method (I have a glass bowl that fits nicely on top of a my saucepan) - chocolate burns easily. I've just started using the microwave and it seems to work just as well - I set it for maybe 2 mins and then stop it every 15-20 sec for a stir and stop it once hot liquidy and well blended with my oil.

Top Bottom