Have you tried methyl hydrate, aka gas line antifreeze, to soak your screens?

Robert-in-YEG

I've been finding to be less expensive and works better than isopropyl.

My suggestion would be putting your screens in a ziploc bag with some methyl hydrate, shake, leave for a hour or so, shake, and continue until clean. Leave the screens to dry outside on paper towel; it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes in the sun and fresh air to evaporate all the alcohol.

Your milage may vary, but this works for me.

Robert-in-YEG

Robert-in-YEG,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I use a shot glass , only just enough 99% iso to slightly submerge the screen, hold with a pick tool and scrub with a s&b brush, takes a minute and cleans 100%, rinse with hot water, reinstall, done.

Robert-in-YEG

I use a shot glass , only just enough 99% iso to slightly submerge the screen, hold with a pick tool and scrub with a s&b brush, takes a minute and cleans 100%, rinse with hot water, reinstall, done.
I do the glass thing too, but I also use a ziplock filled with alcohol to give things a shake.

Every bit of hardware is unique. I do however, like things that are easy to clean. The glass tubes in the Arizer can be a pain in the ass, but they are so easy to clean.

Robert-in-YEG

"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world."
~George Bernard Shaw

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: howie105

howie105

I usually clean most of the vape kit, including screens and glass on the day it gets used. Most everything gets a soak and shake in a basin of ISO or a squirt and scrub for bigger parts. Afterwards it gets a hot tap water rinse and back into service. Every once in a while a piece will get a warm water and Simple Green overnight simmer followed by an ISO and water rinse to help lessen the Simple Green smell.

howie105,
Top Bottom