Happy Halloween! What Scary Movies are ya'll watching?!?!

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
Well, it's pretty much a great day. Sunday, day off, Halloween, vapors, and SCARY movies! As Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I always make it a point to watch a bunch of scary movies this month, saving a few special ones for October 31st!

Tonight, I'll be watching, of course, Halloween, Carpenter's classic and one of my favorite movies of any genre. Also, the last few years I've made a point of watching Trick 'r Treat, already a Halloween classic for me. Highly recommended. Both of these movies are required holiday viewing in my book.

Anything else people are watching? Looking forward to tonight's premiere of The Walking Dead on AMC...been getting great press...

Happy Halloween, all! Enjoy the scares!

Cheers,
mudstar

mudstar,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I saw Evil Dead 2 last night. What a weird, trippy movie. Had me totally freaked out a couple of times.

"Who's laughing now?"

Happy haunting all.

momofthegoons,

B.

War Criminal
evil dead 2 is a classic...the scene where he fights his own hand is my fav. Did you catch the titles of the books he used to weigh down the bucket?

The human centipede is this years scariest movie by far.

The Walking Dead premieres tonight on amc...best zombie apocalypse show ever. the first epispde might have been leaked already, and I might have watched it last week. Its fucking awesome.

Edit: maybe I should have read your first post before I posted :)

B.,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Saw Abbott and Costello Meet Dracula and Frankensteins' Monster last night.

chucku,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
Yes! The Evil Dead trilogy is great stuff...been watching those this month myself. Drag Me to Hell is a fun one if you enjoy Sam Raimi's style.

Can't wait for Walking Dead premiere tonight as well! Enjoy all.

mudstar,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
He is a cutey. :lol: I'm actually watching it too. It's entertaining. But I'm taping The Walking Dead so that I can enjoy it later. Too many interruptions and distractions tonight.

momofthegoons,

Ennui Cookout

Hi, first post here oddly enough. I spent Halloween watching a lot of Italian horror films. Standouts would be two of my favorite films -- Dario Argento's Suspiria and its sequel Inferno.

The best way to describe them are elaborate set pieces. The plot in both films are rather minimal, instead they focus on unusual set design and lighting. In fact, Suspiria was shot using some vintage Kodachrome stock and has very bright, strongly colored lights flooding the hallways and sets of the film. Suspiria in particular has a totally rad prog-rock synth-heavy score that builds up all through the length of the film.

So yeah, good way to spend the night is with the vaporizer, the lights out and watching a series of vivid colors and unusual patterns that people just so happen to be dying in. Fun times.

Ennui Cookout,
Top Bottom