hair in my shatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caligula

Maximus
So... I accidentally dropped a good size chunk of some badass shatter on the not so clean garage floor. Its now got shit all stuck to it. Ideas?

Caligula,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
hair in my shatter? That's what she said.
sorry, I thought this was a different kinda thread. Sounds like z9 gave a nonsmartass answer that would work already.

Snake Plissken,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
I picked out basically everything I could see with the baked eye (this was meant to be naked eye but i decided to leave what auto correct put in) using chilled tweezers. Seems to be good enough for me (out of sight out of mind) at the moment.

This is a prime nug run pure lemon skunk shatter (same stuff on the coil in my avater). There was no way I was going to dissolve and reclaim it.

z9

I picked out basically everything I could see with the baked eye (this was meant to be naked eye but i decided to leave what auto correct put in) using chilled tweezers. Seems to be good enough for me (out of sight out of mind) at the moment.

This is a prime nug run pure lemon skunk shatter (same stuff on the coil in my avater). There was no way I was going to dissolve and reclaim it.
To be reclaimed it must first be claimed.

Why is there no way? Unless its legit CO2 oil or a solventless extract then butane or alcohol was most likely used in its production. Since its shatter there's a good chance that alcohol was used at some point while making it. Regardless it was suspended in some sort of solvent prior to becoming that rock, dissolving it in alcohol won't decrease quality or potency... it'll even shatter right back up afterwards. Point I'm making is it was "dissolved" before, doing it again won't change anything. Having dabbed oil with dust in it, I would clean it up just for the peace of mind. But you seem to happy with it and might have gotten everything off of it so dab on man:rockon:

Denver912

True that. I'm fortunate I haven't went through such an ordeal. I might shed a tear or two. I rank dropping shatter on the floor up there with like breaking a glass bowl or something which I've done more than a few times.

I watched my girl knock over a half gram of huxleys flake wax onto her shirt. She somehow got damn near all of it back to my amazement. Time seemed to stand still in that moment as I thought it was headed to the carpet which would have went very very differently for her wax.

Whew.

Denver912,

Caligula

Maximus
To be reclaimed it must first be claimed.

Why is there no way? Unless its legit CO2 oil or a solventless extract then butane or alcohol was most likely used in its production. Since its shatter there's a good chance that alcohol was used at some point while making it. Regardless it was suspended in some sort of solvent prior to becoming that rock, dissolving it in alcohol won't decrease quality or potency... it'll even shatter right back up afterwards. Point I'm making is it was "dissolved" before, doing it again won't change anything. Having dabbed oil with dust in it, I would clean it up just for the peace of mind. But you seem to happy with it and might have gotten everything off of it so dab on man:rockon:

From my experience it fucks with the flavor profile bigtime, and I can never get it back to its original consistency.

Caligula,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Then your only option is to carefully pick the crap out of it and vape it as is. :shrug:

Vicki,
Reactions: max

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
From Frosty's right? This was nug RUN?! AND I PUT IT IN AN OLD OMICART

Atomsk,

Caligula

Maximus
From Frosty's right? This was nug RUN?! AND I PUT IT IN AN OLD OMICART

Yes, thats why that specific batch took so long... and you did? lol, did it still vape okay? Id assume it would be fine in an omi cart.

Also, sadly no more at the moment. :( They are working on more but its going to be a sugar leaf run.

If it helps they did a nug run that time because the LSK batch wasnt up to top shelf standards. If you looked at the time, their LSK buds were $40/3.5g where as all top shelf from Frosty's is $50. I didnt see anything wrong with it, but I know they are SUPER picky about their flowers over there since its all grown in house.

Caligula,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
This batch looked waxy but turned out to be closer to shatter consistency, which I didn't account for.

Shatters in a 2.4 don't work very well. In fact, it hasn't worked yet. I'm buying an oil rig today because I can't stand it.

Caligula

Maximus
Ah, gotcha. Maybe whipped a bit?

ALso, you dont want to bother with the KISS cart? Probably cheaper than a glass rig/nail/torch.

Caligula,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
No thanks. I'm kind of set on selling everything atm. Would rather do something rudimentary that's sure to work every time.

If I start to long for portability again I might look in to it. You don't know what kind of grief these things have been giving me, man.

Caligula

Maximus
No thanks. I'm kind of set on selling everything atm. Would rather do something rudimentary that's sure to work every time.

If I start to long for portability again I might look in to it. You don't know what kind of grief these things have been giving me, man.

Believe me, I understand. It took me FOREVER to get the hang of the original carts. Of course that was before I found FC and had assistance. I figured it out in short order after reading the Persei thread. Regardless, I must have blown through a dozen carts and countless grams of concentrate trying to get that shit to work without clogging, leaking, etc.

Caligula,
Reactions: weedemon

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Throw it in hemp fibers or cotton and vape that shit, hope the hairs dont touch hot metal lol lol

BLAZING OG,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Cat hair vapor doesnt sound to bad :rofl:
Yes, anything in there will vape right off!!!
The solo with the concentrates in a cotton ball might work or add the contaminated shatter to flower and vape in a convecton style vape.
Oil does best I THINK WITH CONDUCTION but I have vaped off oil in a cotton ball thrown n a davinci (originall).

BLAZING OG,

djonkoman

cat hair... that reminds me of these few time when we were rolling joints for a acquintance of a friend. that guy only smoked once a half year or so, and so he didn't know how to roll joints. so he went to a friend of me for that, but that friend also only ocassionally smoked, and also couldn't roll, so he got me and some other friends to help. the first guy we rolled for suplied the weed himself, then we would sit down an afternoon, roll 20-30 joints out of it and he would pick those joints up a few days later from the friend that acted as middleman. the first time they complained that it was too strong. so we kept over half the weed for ourselves the next time, and put mostly tobacco in the joints, wich that guy was satisfied with(well, he didn't know we kept most to ourselves, but he didn't complain it was too strong anymore). those first times it was good weed, buds that would easily be sellable. the 3rd time though, we were suplied with a bag of trim, wich was about half cathair. didn't keep anything for ourselves from that.

djonkoman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom