Ground Glass [Wear & Tear]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingElectricity

I use my DBV alot. more than average i would say. i'm just a little worried about wearing out my custom whip premature. so i ordered a spare and plan on using this one for every day use and the custom for special occasions. basically what i'm asking is what is the general lifespan for ground glass connections under these circumstances???

SmokingElectricity,

stinkmeaner

I really wouldn't worry about it. They might get smooth after time, but they still work, they even sell polished versions for lab use. Some people have mentioned sanding them with sand paper to rough them up. I imagine you could sand blast them to bring them back to the original finish.

stinkmeaner,

Nycdeisel

well first of all I would never add anything to a GonG fitting even if it was smooth or whatever.

I have using my same exact glass wand for my DBV for over a year now, and there is no damage AT ALL to the GonG joints. Its a bit easier to get it to stick since its kind of worn in. I can still get the seal firm enough taht Im not able to just pull it out by the tubing. I have had a few occasions where the wand is REALLY tight on the HC, and I had to be careful.

Honestly, its not something I would worry too much about, worry more about glass breaking.

Nycdeisel,

SmokingElectricity

no no. i'm not having any problems yet. i just love my custom wand and don't wanna wear it out just yet. it's not "falling out" like some people claim. that has never happened once to me.

but if something did happen, i want to be prepared. i'm not a big fan of unexpected surprises. i bought a back up wand and heating cover just i case. honestly thinking about buying a back up DBV.

[paranoid?] :uhoh:

SmokingElectricity,

Nycdeisel

Just a bit :lol: haha

I wouldn't go as far as to buy a spare unit. though it IS my main piece now, Im honestly not too worried.
Personally, if something ever happens to my DBV and it cant be fixed, im just going to buy an SSV.:cool:

Nycdeisel,

SmokingElectricity

or maybe i'm trying to find an excuse to buy a silver one LOL.

link 2 DBV's into one tube, connected to the bong... hmmmmm...

call it the "twin turbo"

:o

SmokingElectricity,

Nycdeisel

haha funny idea, but I'll stick to one tube. I have heard of bongs with two joints and bowls and chinese crap vapes with 2 heating elements, I dont see the purpose really.

Or maybe your trying to find an excuse to buy something else. I dont know. Maybe a nice bong for your vape if you dont already have one?

Nycdeisel,

SmokingElectricity

i've seen those chinese vapes with 2 heaters. obviously its for you and your main squeeze can vape a the same time. sort of a good idea. i guess but poorly executed.

funny that you mention me buying another tube...

SmokingElectricity,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom