Grind size for Solo II

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I ordered a Solo II and a grinder because I figured manually breaking it up wouldn’t cut it. What size grind should I shoot for?

DrömmenOmFrihet,

AJS

Calm Consistency
In my experience, the finer the grind, typically the better when it comes to conduction vapes.

The solo 2 is a hybrid which also has convection heating, but the airflow is slow enough that there shouldn't be much hotspotting so long as you don't over pack or tamp down too tight.

Now, if you're using the glass built in screen as opposed to the stainless steel screen, if it's too fine, you'll probably get scooby snacks in the stem.

Experiment what works best for you! As long as you have a grinder and a solo 2, you can't go wrong. Just avoid over packing and tamping down too hard. A nice light tamp just to seat the herb is all you need :)

The solo 2 is a killer vape, great choice.

GoldenBud

In my experience, the finer the grind, typically the better when it comes to conduction vapes.
+1
the Solo II is mostly conduction and some people will even say it's almost 100% conduction, the finer the better. use whole nugs sometimes to diverse, for a better taste purposes

TheDankness

Extremely Moist
I find a medium coarse grind works well in mine. I use a Herb Ripper with medium plate and get good airflow and extraction. If the grind's too fine, it packs too tightly and ruins the airflow. I don't use a screen either, so the medium grind helps keep it out of my mouth parts. I find keeping the pack looser and not too close to the opening keeps the solo flowin' and the chamber clean.

GoldenBud

I find a medium coarse grind works well in mine. I use a Herb Ripper with medium plate and get good airflow and extraction. If the grind's too fine, it packs too tightly and ruins the airflow. I don't use a screen either, so the medium grind helps keep it out of my mouth parts. I find keeping the pack looser and not too close to the opening keeps the solo flowin' and the chamber clean.
Still no mesh screens for solo II? Damn.. Ye the screens I don't like it, tend to get dirty gotcha (gave my Solo II for an exchange 1yr ago)

GoldenBud,

TheDankness

Extremely Moist
Still no mesh screens for solo II? Damn.. Ye the screens I don't like it, tend to get dirty gotcha (gave my Solo II for an exchange 1yr ago)
they come with a few screens for the stems, but I just never found the need for them. Medium grind and a light pack and the herb stays where it needs to be.

pmthokku

"Medium grind and a light pack" is absolutely right. Also, dont pull hard. First inhale normal air the usual way to fill your lungs in 5 ish seconds. Now practise pulling the same amount of air slooooowly over 30 seconds. Finally do the last bit on the solo 2. Edit: It is easier to do this direct to lung rather than mouth to lung.

Top Bottom