GONG Stuck in diffuser

vinnyzan

Hey guys I knocked over my straight tube! Luckily the only thing that broke was the E Nano GONG that I had in it. Unfortunately it broke in such a way that I can't get it out of the diffuser. Any one have any ideas how I can get this out ? I'm pretty much at the point where I want to just throw it out because it's pissing me off that i can't get it out but, it looks like it costs about $50 to replace.
Here's a picture:
I tryed to put a coat hanger through the other end of the diffuser and push it out but it's not moving at all.

vinnyzan

Freezer didn't seem to do any good and I don't have any WD 40 on hand so I haven't tryed that.
Do the opposite of this ^

Use heat/torch to loosen things up
Ill try hitting it with a torch, you think I should focus flame more on diffuser or on the GoNG?

vinnyzan,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Petetbay

I just did this Friday broken joint in the female joint. I put it in the freezer for a couple of hours and put silicone tubing with a tapered pen in it and force the pen or pencil in the tubing to make it very snug, then give a wiggle sideways on the pen and pull, popped right out for me.

Last edited:
Petetbay,
Reactions: vinnyzan

VAPEHUNTER

Try a screw and a wood dowel…pictures are worth a thousand words, be right back.

Start by putting a long screw in a wood dowel. It needs to be long enough that it will fit all the way past the gong. And the head needs to be small enough to fit through the gong.

You’re gonna want the screw to be flat on the bottom, where it makes contact with the gong.

“Hook” the lip of the gong with the screw.

And Pull

If your screw is long enough you can also put the screw in a board or work bench, put the down stem over it, hook the lip and pull up on the down stem. Does that make any sense?

Good luck!

Last edited:

vinnyzan

I ended up chipping the hole at the bottom of the diffuser while I was trying to get the GoNG out. I tryed heating the diffuser with a torch, I was using a screw to catch the lip of the GoNG pulling out and I was pushing the GoNG out from the opposite end at the same time with a coat hanger. The coat hanger bent and broke the little hole at the bottom.

Now that this thing is partially broken and still has the gong stuck I'm just going to cut my losses and buy a new one.

Thanks for the help everyone, I couldn't really justify replacing this thing originally but now that it's broken and I've wasted more of my time messing with it I'm just going to bite the bullet.

Flow

Glass stuck can be removed by :

- Temp, as it's said before,
- And/or wooble your stem from left to right or up /down...

I had to do that once 14/19 M in a 19F... and i got it back - flawlessly - with temp AND never trying to twist one part against the other.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
If the offending piece is small enough as in this case ( and this particular piece has caused offence many times) it is possible to get a hammer head big enough to completely crush the piece into glass gravel with one satisfying blow.

skjeoc6afpyn4dttsgxe_0571c094-868e-43fc-a175-07778ebeaf22_1024x1024.jpg

Top Bottom