"Give Me a Break" Americans Against Food Taxes TV Ad 2011

Do you think people believed this Superbowl Ad was from a group of concerned citizens?

• Total voters

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
"Reverse Engineering" What We See On Television...

I guess this was a SuperBowl ad from 2011
I watched it out of curiosity on Youtube just now, but immediately thought to myself, knowing what I know now, that no group of citizen's would ever be able to afford Superbowl ad time, and no group of concerned citizens would be allowed to buy their way into the National conversation (it's like living in a country where the highways are restricted to Commercial traffic only).

And, I see on Sourcewatch that American's Against Food Taxes is indeed a front group for the beverage industry.

Do You Think American's Believed This Ad Was From Individuals and Not Corporations?

EDIT: Perhaps all corporate activity is directed towards off-setting costs. They cost us our health ("f" that choice bs) and leave the government holding the bill for our health costs.
We just have to watch their lips moving to know when they're trying to get away with something. hahaha

VWFringe,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Why would the beverage industry care if consumers pay less tax on their food?

Vicki,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
this is not free speach, as it was intended, and to lie on television should be illegal.
I think that's one of our core values, even if we recognize it's not the case.

there ought to be a law tho

they shouldn't accept ads from front groups
and the evening news shouldn't lie or withhold important facts, just because it might upset some viewers or P-O their advertisers

VWFringe,
Reactions: Vicki

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
here is their (other?) Superbowl ad from last year - I caught this one during the game, and said to my wife, "they're appologizing for making us fat," but it's really just trying to distance themselves from it, I think, not appologize at all.

it's like car manufacturers announcing their safety when they fought for so long against seat belts.

VWFringe,
Top Bottom