Fundraising Help for Cystic Fibrosis

llama1892

Aaron Rodgers Afficianado
Disclaimer: Thank you so much to @vtac and @pakalolo for helping me get this thread started!

Hey guys! I am a 19 year old male currently attending college in the Atlanta area. Many people see me as a regular guy and never even know I have the disease Cystic Fibrosis. This is a degenerative lung disease that makes my lungs and digestive tract fill with mucus making my daily activites a bit harder than the normal person. I start out eacah day doing 30-45 minutes of "therapy" from the comfort of my bed. This includes putting on a vest that shakes me along with two inhaled nebulizer treatment. From there I move on to taking my pills. Pills. Pills. Pills. Can there not be so many pills? I take around 10-15 pills in the morning depending on what I eat and from then on out I take around 5 or 6 per meal and 4-5 with snack throughout the day. Then another 30-45 minutes of therapy before bed. While this has become an easy routine for me, a lot of people are shocked when they actually sit back and watch me go through all of this.

While most people reading this may find it counterintuitive that someone with a lung disease be inhaling anything at all, I find it to be a different case with cannabis. A major part of Cystic Fibrosis is actually not being able to gain/hold weight and a lack of appetite. Studies show that in Cystic Fibrosis patients there is a DIRECT correlation between lung health and weight. So when the "munchies" come in to play, I find myself hungrier, with more of an appetite than normal which is a blessing. Another thing that I get from Cannabis is bronchodilation. If I set my vaporizer to a low heat setting, it gives the cannabis a bronchodilation effect, helping my lungs function more effectively, in turn making breathing easier for me. The list goes on with the solace I find within vaporizing cannabis. So I thought, why not ask my peers that think, and enjoy this same great technology.

What I am asking for is your help. Each year the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (cff.org for more info) holds the Great Strides Walk. This walk is a nationwide event happening in all major cities across the United States. My family's team is called Ryan's Hope. While we don't usually raise a lot of money, our team has been growing more and more throughout the years. From 3 people to when we first started in 1995, to around 90 people the past two years. I am asking for any donation at all (words of encouragement also accepted). Every little bit counts! As of right now the life expectancy of someone with CF is in their mid 30's, and to be honest i'm not quite ready for my mid-life crisis :) With the advances in technology we are seeing more and more people living well into their 40's and 50's. So this is your chance to help me try and live the rest of my life that i'm not ready to give up, and to vaporizing to try and stay in a good peace of mind while gaining some positive affects from it!

Here is a link to our team page where you are able to donate to a great cause:

http://fightcf.cff.org/site/TR/GreatStrides/40_Georgia_Atlanta?team_id=20896&pg=team&fr_id=2047

and here are some photos from previous years to show how we have grown!:

http://imgur.com/a/okYDu

Again thanks so much guys and sorry it was kind of long, just wanted to get out what I had to say. :)

Top Bottom