Found a cool web app to keep track of your herb

bigheaded1

I searched and didn't see a thread about this. It's web-based so it works on anything with a web browser. You need an internet connection to use it, and it's pretty damn cool and free. I'm a n00b here so I don't know the policy about external links, but if you google yourstori, go to the website and they have a "get stori app" link on the menu bar on the top. You don't need to own the stori stash box thingy, just make a free account and it'll work, no CC # of personal info needed.

The app lets you catalog your stash so you can keep track of what you have, how much you paid, when you bought it and some other shits. I know a lot of people just toss their herb in an old shoe box and call it a day. I have very mild OCD so I'll dig being able to keep inventory of what I have and how much. You can search dispensaries and have it notify you of deals. I found the dispensary I'll be going to next week. I might be in the minority here, but I think shit like this is pretty cool. The bit I've played with it, it looks nice and should be useful when I buy 8 different strains of shit next week, so I can know what I have and what does what. I'm not a connoisseur like many here, so in my lack of knowing shit (yet anyways) it'll be helpful to be able to click and see the strains I have on deck and what their effects are. I thought maybe some here would find this useful and hay it's free to check out.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Thanks for the tip. No problem including links in posts

Nice inventory app. Just wish you could upload pictures but it only allows text notes. I've been using an android app called "Notes" as it allows for picture uploads and I add links to Leafly or other sites for strain information. Thanks again.

Screenshot-20220827-075546-Notes.jpg

Screenshot-20220827-075610-Notes.jpg

bigheaded1

Being able to upload pictures would be a great idea, going to order the Stori box next week so I'll shoot them an email them suggesting it when I place my order. Maybe a suggestion from an ordering customer would get their attention better ha.

bigheaded1

I've never paid attention or maybe just never used a web app that was coded specifically like this. In Chrome if you click on the 3 dots menu in the top right and click on "open in Stori app" it will switch and open in a pop-up window and look like a regular app not a web page in Chrome. I made a shortcut on my desktop and it feels like I'm using an app I installed not some web page. Without the chrome tabs and toolbar, it look pretty damn clean. Doesn't change it works but when I make it full screen it's got much more real estate.

Another feature I'm going to suggest when I email this week, I wish you could select defaults when you search for a product. I'll only ever be buying flower so every search I have to go into the list and change the filter. Not the end of the world, but would make the searching a little quicker. I

Last edited:
bigheaded1,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

bigheaded1

Actually used the app tonight for the 1st time to log some herb I bought. Unless I'm an idiot, I'm not seeing any way to add custom products. I can only select what's in their database, I bought 3 strains and one's not in there. I know the app's free so it's tough to complain, but that seems like an oversight on their part. Unless there is a way and I'm just blind lol. If anyone else has used it and can prove me wrong I'm all ears. I'm also not seeing a way to modify the THC or CDB %. The other 2 I bought are coming up blank for both. Not a huge deal I suppose, and I could add the %s in the notes. But it would be nice to have it right there, oh well.

bigheaded1

Since there are a few who are kinda following this, it might be useful to mention I found a way to add custom products, but when I try to save one I created it tells me it doesn't exist in the database. Maybe I'm an idiot and just not doing it right, but to get it to even let me add shit I have to type a garbage name in the product search, like "sour d74744" it'll then say not found would you like to add it. But the saving doesn't work for me. I tried on 2 different browsers on a laptop and my Galaxy tablet.

I ordered their actual storage container tonight, so I'm hoping at the very least that'll modivate them to respond and explain how you're supposed to add products that aren't in the database. And if it's broke, maybe they'll fix it. But it's kind of a moot point, so far there's only been 1 strain I've looked up that's not coming up in their database (Sour Dub) But it's one I bought yesterday and it's annoying I can't have it in my inventory as Sour Dub - damn OCD! lol.

bigheaded1

Stori support emailed me back, you can add custom products, but if you're in California it won't let you because it's integrated with iheartjane.com and you're just stuck with whatever's in the database. Looks like I'm going to have to set up a damn VPN to pretend I'm from another state lol. Was pretty impressed though, the guy who responded made a 1 minute video showing him adding Sour Dub. Now I gotta go investigate VPN so I can add 1 stupid strain.

O C D sucks ha.

*EDIT*

Welp, you don't need a VPN, at the bottom of the app's main screen you can set your location, which as long as it's not Cali will fix the problem kinda. But it adds another, I added the strain which was great for my OCD, but was unable to use the app to find stuff to buy as it thinks I'm in NY so it brings up NY herb spots. So if you're in Cali, the solution for adding a product is to change your location to anywhere else and add it to your database. Then change your location back to where you live and it will show up in your inventory.

OR.... you can be a normal person who doesn't have mild OCD and not even worry about doing any of this ha.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Stori support emailed me back, you can add custom products, but if you're in California it won't let you because it's integrated with iheartjane.com and you're just stuck with whatever's in the database. Looks like I'm going to have to set up a damn VPN to pretend I'm from another state lol. Was pretty impressed though, the guy who responded made a 1 minute video showing him adding Sour Dub. Now I gotta go investigate VPN so I can add 1 stupid strain.

O C D sucks ha.

Haha I can relate to that OCD though and I do admire your gumption!

That is pretty shitty, that they have it integrated with another crappy site in California, there are so many different sites for strains and they all have different info, and strain to strain is so different even from the same place let alone different places, I think it would be better to just use a general organizational app to fill in all the anecdotal info yourself? Pretty tedious though

I just rely on memory and kind of roll with it, looking up each time, various places, because more often than not I find a strain I really like and never see it again anyway lol

bigheaded1

Haha I can relate to that OCD though and I do admire your gumption!

That is pretty shitty, that they have it integrated with another crappy site in California, there are so many different sites for strains and they all have different info, and strain to strain is so different even from the same place let alone different places, I think it would be better to just use a general organizational app to fill in all the anecdotal info yourself? Pretty tedious though

I just rely on memory and kind of roll with it, looking up each time, various places, because more often than not I find a strain I really like and never see it again anyway lol

I don't care what the THC % of the Pineapple Express I bought, but seeing it as -- in the app's bugging me. It works beautifully if you aren't trying to have everything 100%. And to make the OCD worse, I ordered their storage box last night which has 6 containers with 6 different colored tops so you can know what's what without opening it. And 6 tubes with 6 different colored tops too. So that means even more work to organize shit lol. And I don't think when I have a different strain in each I'll be able to know what's what by the color of the lid.

Smoking herb is suppose to be fun and relaxing not like a 2nd job ha.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't care what the THC % of the Pineapple Express I bought, but seeing it as -- in the app's bugging me. It works beautifully if you aren't trying to have everything 100%. And to make the OCD worse, I ordered their storage box last night which has 6 containers with 6 different colored tops so you can know what's what without opening it. And 6 tubes with 6 different colored tops too. So that means even more work to organize shit lol. And I don't think when I have a different strain in each I'll be able to know what's what by the color of the lid.

Smoking herb is suppose to be fun and relaxing not like a 2nd job ha.

Haha yeah I'm pretty good about knowing what's what, if I have it in a colored container without a label, or rather I use labels to signify what I remember it to be because I remember what I got, even though I have so many different strains at a time, sometimes I have to think but I always figure out what it is... The problem I have is just deciding what to use at a given moment herbs + vapes lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I ordered their storage box last night which has 6 containers with 6 different colored tops so you can know what's what without opening it. And 6 tubes with 6 different colored tops too. So that means even more work to organize shit lol. And I don't think when I have a different strain in each I'll be able to know what's what by the color of the lid.

My apologies for roaming a little off topic, but just get a cheap label maker. It'll make everything so much easier. Then you can label your jars (the fancy ones from this company, or something like the ten-dollars for a dozen mason jars in the pic below) on the side, top, bottom, whatever works for you. I bought a Brother P-Touch label maker recently for less than thirty bucks, and it suits my needs just fine.

For example, I just snapped this pic of my current flower stash. Of course I could have put the labels on the top of the jars. And each jar has a tiny Boveda humidity control pack in it:
IMG-2897.jpg

On the other side, I like to put a label with the date I acquired the herb.

Top Bottom