First Post: Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

impactfour

So my friend bought the digi vape vp100 (Digi Vape VP100 - $199.98 : B.O.B. HEADquarters, 1-877-GET-HEMP)

It broke the other day, he said the outlet sparked when he plugged it in, and now the vape just doesn't turn on. He will sell me it for $20.

This leads me to a few question:

What happened?

Is it fixable? (i am semi-experienced with wiring and electronics, could fix it with instructions/parts)

Is it worth the cost of repairing?

Is it a good vape?

Thank you for any help

impactfour,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Considering you can buy a new one on ebay for $80, why would you? IMO I would save up a little more and invest in something that is, for one, made in the USA. There are a ton of reviews on this forum of just about every vape out there. Depending on your usage and the amount you can spend, I'm sure you will find something that will suit your needs.

And welcome to the forum!! :)

momofthegoons,

impactfour

This is more of a project type thing, i have the money for a new piece, but don't think im getting another vape. This is more of a summer project, id probably sell it or give it away once i fix it.

impactfour,

Budz Bunny

Something shorted out inside. Youll have to open it up to see what went wrong. I doubt you can purchase replacement parts.

Budz Bunny,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Im sure this will get moved to Ask FC but...

Id say for $20 it will be a cool little 'project' that you can mess with if you feel so inclined. Worst case is you are out 20 bucks for a 'parts' vape and you get to learn a little more about the inner workings of it. Absolute worst case, you paid $20 for an 'extra wand' :)

AGBeer,

Qbit

cannabanana
momofthegoons said:
IMO I would save up a little more and invest in something that is, for one, made in the USA.
I don't think that's a fair statement in this context, as there are good vapes made outside the USA, and since the OP has not indicated their nationality, there is no reason to suggest a US vape on the grounds of national loyalty.

Qbit,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^^^
My understanding is that the VP100 is a knock off made in China, and that is my reference point. I should have been more specific. I apologize Qbit.

momofthegoons,

stinkmeaner

I don't think it is worth it, like you said, who knows if it can be fixed. Besides I found the same model on Amazon for $69 and the unit had bad reviews there too, so I think it is safe to say you should probably save a little more and purchase a more reliable brand. Keep an eye on our buy and sell section on this board, there are sometimes good deals there.

stinkmeaner,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom