First perc rig - Honeycomb vs Matrix?

Old_muel

This? - https://hightechvaporizers.com.au/collections/water-pipes/products/straight-car
Or This? - https://instavape.com.au/products/the-buzz-honeycomb-percolator-14-mm-female-joint

I've only ever had very basic bongs with a basic downstem, like this type of thing with just a basic wide open stem - https://www.bongmania.com.au/product/agung-bob-marley-bong-24-cm/ - its all that's ever typically been popular growing up in oz but I've always been curious about & keen to try one with a percolator since switching to vaping & seeing you guys with them & im really not sure what one to get out of these two linked ones I've kinda narrowed down to just kinda from looks, I'm hoping you guys could tell me if there's any real difference in terms of i guess performance, level of restriction etc, ease of cleaning & any other noticeable difference they may have with vaping. Will be using mainly anvil (with wpa) & coiled elev8r with it btw. The honeycomb one looks like it might have a tad more clearance from heat source to your face but I'm thinking either should be fine in that regard & not too unwieldy with the vapes I'd be using. Thanks for any insights legends, stay cool/high!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Inline honeycomb is great with everything, balance of flow, diffusion and flavor, and great form factor yeah... I despise matrix percs and especially in a piece like that... There is a thread about glass for Aussies somewhere else around here too :tup:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Honestly...? Neither.

I'd like to recommend this:
a9621b69-e234-4ac7-8d0a-2f0316e70c72.jpg

SAML GLASS 35cm Height Glass Bong Diffusion Smoking Water Pipe Added Tall With Ash Catcher Dab Rig Vapor Joint size 18.8mm PG3057(Improved FC-MOD)

I wish it was available and someone pointed it out to me when I was looking for my first vape piece... and I've never even touched one!

I'd get all the percs too....:2c::tup::peace:

EDIT: Oh, and I'd get a decent durable/strong drop-down with a min 2" total drop and proper joints to suit my needs while I was at it.

Bottom line, it's a great "all-arounder" and perfect starting point for sure, and from there, maybe start considering more specialized pieces...? All this, all together, would've absolutely saved me, personally, tons of time and money, no question about it. 💯💪✌️

(But of course, the "journey" would've been very dif, not sure I'd ever want to change that... :hmm::brow:)

Last edited:

gmocooties

+1 for the FC-MOD. Such a great piece, especially for the price. I've got the 3-hole downstem and I love it. Skipped the ash catcher too.

HTV and Instavape are great shops to support but their glass offerings are pretty average unfortunately. I've actually got that Buzz bubbler from Instavape and I'm not a fan at all - the can is too small imo and there is heaps of splashback, regardless of the water level.

If you did want something from them, maybe The Middleman (14mm) or Showerhead Bubbler (18mm)? I've not tried either, but they don't look too bad. OzBongs have some decent offerings regardless of the budget too. Here's a good cheap design: Phoenix Side Neck Inline (18mm).

Old_muel

Thanks guys wow they are all honestly awesome suggestions i love the look of basically all of those especially the dhgate ones for the prices & now am actually kinda fiending out pretty hard & talking myself into getting multiple pieces - kinda like with vapes- they all work differently afterall & so forth 🤣
I've browsed the gate fairly decently over the years but somehow managed to never make a purchase & damn the urge has hit me hard now all at once, seriously though I think I probly am gonna grab a few😅, probly the fc-mod one I reckon, looks like it would maintain good flavour (will get without included ash catcher but get a different one that drops down further just to try)- plus the honeycomb one Les said, that looks like a nice solid piece with good filtration/diffusion- trying hard not to go n add the Möbius sidecar one in aswell for good measure, haha look what this place does.
Anyone tried these? https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-...nfoId=&shipType=Seller-Defined STD Logitstics
I wonder if the silicone used is proper & neutral, I sometimes reclaim some reclaim from dry stems & stuff via stem milk method & these seem like they might be a good idea instead of the dunking in heaps of liquid but to allow to collect it up to maybe infuse into a small amount of coconut oil to make edible caps or something. Cheers

Shit Snacks

probly the fc-mod one I reckon

Haha yeah the slippery slope, go for the diffusion downstem on that one, best balance imo and yeah the inline honeycomb is great, you might like to try the new klein recycler from them as well...? All are great!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

TedJones

they are all honestly awesome suggestions
Indeed. Can confirm and think I have all the linked Dh rigs. For the fc-mod, I recommend the 9 hole stem. The shower head is cool.. but pretty restrictive for my preference. With the slits were bigger.
plus the honeycomb one Les said, that looks like a nice solid piece
Wish the neck was bent more on this. Usually using extenders to get the bowl away from face. Excellent function though!

Shit Snacks

I would say to steer clear of the following type of recyler, they a pain to clean (and I have an ultrasonic cleaner!),
rBVaEmJuG-2Abr4MAAKKRa4jbwg349.jpg

Made a nice present... once I got it clean.:tup:

Haha yeah that is a full incycler, not the one I am talking about, I'm talking about the regular klein that has outer uptake tube to a cylinder for the vortex with incycler drain
This is the one that works really well for vaping herbs (plus dabs) as those other type really do not work as well in my experience

Top Bottom