Firewood 4 vs Mighty vs Milaana vs MistVape Touch -- Which to replace Evo?

Hi guys! I've been a lurker for years and after doing a ton of research I'm still undecided on which portable vaporizer is the one for me. I have a few CloudEvos that were my daily drivers, but I've recently moved in with my inlaws and out of respect I will not be vaporizing in the house; So I turn to you guys for some much needed guidance. I have a MagicButter machine that I use to make edibles, but since I will only be using it when the rents' are gone for a weekend, I need a new daily driver.

I would like something that gets me where I need to go without having to puff on it all day. I don't mind having to switch pods (as that was my usual method on the Evo), stirring isn't necessarily ideal since I'm going to be smoking on walks, but it isn't a deal breaker for me. I know the Mighty and FW4 have capsules that you can pre-pack for vaping throughout the day; How does this work with the 'stem' systems of the Mi / MFV?

Something that I could fit in my pocket by itself or with a case would be ideal; I could also store it in vehicle but ideally it's something I could puff on at shows or outside of venues). Price is not an issue, but of course if I could spend less for something very comparable I'm not against it. I know the Mighty can easily go in my pocket, and the FW4 also doesn't appear to be susceptible to damage. The Mi / MFV glass stems seem like I would need to be careful with in my pocket, as well as potential herb spillage. Is this the case? Or is back flow a non issue? Are there cases that can secure these items while still fitting in my jeans (I have big jeans)?

Vapor quality is my #1 concern with efficiency being a close second; if something makes bigger clouds but runs through weed I'd rather have something that takes an extra puff or two but saves me grams. I'm against Chinese manufacturing for the most part because I am hesitant to be exposed to chemicals / plastic fumes. Learning curve is a non issue for me, and I've quit burning weed almost a month ago and have been abstaining from THC intake since 4/19 in preparation for my new vape purchase. Temperature control isn't a deal breaker for me, but features are always nice.

I have zero experience with portable vapes, so please help me out guys. I was originally going to buy a Mighty, then I was leaning toward the FW4, and now I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed. Please help out a fellow Fucker!

Last edited:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Well,

Mighty is going to be the session conduction portable you break out and enjoy for a few minutes until the load is cashed, or it is the one that is easy to pass around a few friends.

The other 3 are somewhat similar, being more in the spectrum of on-demand convection units. This means that you will probably be using this to take a quick rip or two within a minute and go on. These are also better suited to using alone, but are perfectly capable of being passed around as well, and might require some coaching.

Vapor quality can be excellent with any of these units, but I bet many would argue for the Mighty being a bit smoother on the lungs, and the convection portables being slightly more efficient with your herbs depending on how you use it.

Something like the vapcap will probably be most efficient with your herb though.

Don't believe you would have material safety concerns with any of the units you have mentioned.

little maggie

I love the milaana and can't answer for the others. I'm on the list for the mistvape and in the same category I have the tubo evic which is a great vape similar to the zion and mistvape.
I had the previous firewood and didn't like it. But given your description of something you can have in your pocket and leave in your car and that works with a small amount of herb I think the vapcap would be the best fit. It would be worth getting the M which is only about $50 to see what you think.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I've tried almost everything mentioned here so far except the mighty.

It seems like based on your post the FW4 fits what you are looking for.

I have the tubo evic, fw4, milaana and mvt.

I prefer the fw4 when out of the house. I wear it in my work dockers and the loaded capsule block in the my chest pocket on my dress shirts and no one notices or says anything.

If this were a contest and I could rip my vape wherever I wanted with no discretion for the law or other people I'd bring my tubo and an infinite supply of batteries with me wherever I went

Sadly (or luckily, depending on perspective) I'm a lone ranger when it comes to my consumption. Does the Vapcap have an electric heater element available, or is it butane only (I'm afraid having a butane lighter is more of a "that guy is totally doing drugs" alarm then just smoking on a J)?

My phone that I (occasionally) keep in my pocket is ~7.5" so I'm not against having something large in there while I walk around. A friend is willing to sell me his MFV for $140 with 2 stems and a battery, whereas a Mighty is going to be ~350, ~210 for a Milaana and ~180 for a FW4 with 3 caps charger the unit and I would still need to buy a battery.

Is there anyway to "pre-pack" loads in the MFV or Milaana? Although I'm on a T-break atm, I tend to
build it back pretty quickly since I've been a daily smoker for ~15 years.

What I liked about the Evo was that it was an easy pick compared to other desktops; Even if it was expensive, I knew I was going to get an amazing unit. All these choices makes it very hard to make a decision, and with my current situation, the wifey isn't going to like if I buy a new vape every month finding the one that's right for me.

If you guys had to pick one vape to use for the next 6 months to a year, which would you use? I feel like the Mighty is like an Apple product -- Well known, easy to use, but you're paying for the name when you can get similar functionality elsewhere. The FW4 seems good, but I've heard the bowls are kind of tiny, and it's the "weakest" of the bunch (The cloud production seems kinda small, but this could just be coming off of the Evo comparison). The Milaana seems like the "middle-ground" between the FW4 and the Mighty, whereas the MFV seems just like the Milaana but at a lower cost. Is this analysis somewhat correct?

Thanks again for helping me out guys, you have no idea how anxious stupid stuff like this makes me.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I agree with the FW4 being the "weakest" of them. It's also the smallest though.

I don't know about the Mi vs Mighty but I'd wager the Mi can at least hold it's own against a Mighty. The flavor, at the very least will be leaps and bounds better with the Mi. I hear people raving about Mightys but I'm not into session-style vapes or conduction. Or any of the other weird stuff that I won't get into because it doesn't matter really. I wouldn't think of it like that though. The Milaana is the most powerful device I own if that says anything.

You can prepack stems I guess. The small ones fit into 18650 holders which will reduce spilling.

Or you could just buy wooden stems, and after packing the load, put another screen over the load to prevent it from falling out and also help heat distribution etc. This is possible for both the Milaana and MVT - @Alan makes beautiful roasting tubes for the both of them.

That's a pretty great deal for a MVT - especially if it is a unit with a killswitch. My MVT has a killswitch and I'm debating trying it as my out-and-about vape now. I just couldn't fit it in my pocket without it being noticeable but if you're not looking for THAT kinda stealth, you'll be fine.

I also find the Milaana is not just a "more expensive" MVT. The heater is better ("more robust" as someone else put it) and the flavor/airflow/vapor quality is much better (the flavor and vapor production/density most specifically). I also find much less need to pay attention when I'm using my Milaana. The MVT requires fine-precision to operate optimally, at least for me.

You can't go wrong with any of them IMO

Last edited:

ZC

I have the Milaana and the FW4 and like them both quite a lot. The Mi is my personal favorite vape, but it sounds like the FW4 fits your needs better. The fully enclosed capsule system makes it perfect for walks and on the go.

There are solutions for the Mi and capsules on the go, but the "out of the box" experience is a little bit too involved for truly being on the go. I use a really short wood stem turned by @Alan, with a basket screen in it and a @DDave rimmed basket screen closing it up as a capsule and that works really well, but that's an expensive setup if you want multiple with you.

FW4 is more of a session vape, works really well for multiple hits, where the Mi is better as a heavy hitter.

The Mi is more intuitive to use, press button, inhale vapor. BUT it also has a steeper learning curve in that there is a ton of technique in how long you hold the button/what your draw speed is like that determines your hit. While the FW4 has 4 heat settings and requires a very specific range of draw speeds to get good results. Those head settings are adjustable though.

The FW4 is a little more cumbersome to get started, with a series of button presses to get you started. Quick start is press the button 4 times to set heat level to 4, then hold the button till it turns on, then it gives you a series of buzzes to indicate heat setting and battery life. It works really well but it's hard to pass to a new person if it's not already on.

The craftsmanship of the FW4 is incredible. Build quality is stellar and the tooling on that battery door is a marvel. Really solid, well built vape. The capsule system is a little bit fiddly to fill up but once you have them filled it's perfect for quick-swapping on the go. If i'm on the go and need a stealthy, clean vape the FW4 is my go-to.

david8613

It's not convection but supposed to have good flavor for conduction, have you looked at the Davinci iq?

david8613,

damm

I wish the FW4 had reverse battery protection... but I'd go with a Sticky Brick honestly; you could go with the Jr. or go with the Hydrobrick Maxx

You will get the same clouds (or bigger) than your EVO and it fits in the palm of your hand.

Little Butane and wow

grokit

well-worn member
Out of the three in the op, the milaana is the best bet for comparing to evo which is a heavy-hitter. A zion would be better as it has twice the power. The boundless cfx uses evo elb's and also has two batteries.

:sherlock:

j-bug

I recently got an evo and a fw4. My evo is sitting on the desk across the room and my fw4 is on my laptop next to me while I watch Netflix. I'm not regretting the evo cause it's way better with concentrates than my current available options but the fw4 is probably going to get a lot more use. The evo is definitely going to be my go to for going to sleep when that's needed but the ease of use and improvements over the fw3 may finally have created the ideal vape for me.

Small light discreet nearly instant with preloadable capsules and easily changeable externally charging batteries that can get thorough quick extraction or evenly extracted lingering sessions is pretty much exactly what I want in a portable vape. I'm looking forward to trying it with a small water piece or a j hook.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Gotta say... Milanna FTW for what you're looking for. Get a a couple stems and use a battery cap on end if just carrying in your pocket. Or, do what I do.... I have a few small brown jars (1/2 x 2") that I put my pre ground in. When load is spent, I blow out the old, stick end of mouthpiece into top of jar, suck up a new load, and am on my way. Takes about 5 seconds and not too hard to do discretely with a bit of practice. My little jars hold 7 - 8 Mi loads. Much more than anyone should need for a nice walk! This system would also work well with MTV (which I kind of prefer right now). But, as @muunch said above it seems to require a bit more attention to function optimally.

ambertrichome

Having not tried the Milanna or the other vapes mentioned I can't say the mighty is better than them but.. Every time I fire up the mighty I'm genuinely surprised with the flavour and effect that the mighty delivers even compared to the EVO:tup:I'm loving the capsules for my walk and vape sessions so easy and efficient. :sherlock:

little maggie

Now that I've had a chance to use my mvt and can compare it, milaana and tubo, I strongly recommend the tubo. It is a bit more like the zion in that it is regulated and powerful. I think fewer people have it than the milaana because it's newer. The main advantage the milaana has over the tubo is size. The milaana works better in a pocket.

little maggie,
Reactions: Alegre
Top Bottom