Fire Spinning!

Theo

Fire Diabolo's are SICK and definitely do exist. I never knew the difference between flower and devil sticks before. But you do want to make sure the rubber won't melt with the flame close to it. I understand that you may not be touching the flame with the sticks but the flames still give off a lot of heat and if it's the same rubber I have on my devil(or well, I guess flower sticks) sticks I suggest you do a lot of research before hand. I still have yet to ask my friend who does do fire devil/flower sticks as I just keep forgetting to ask him when I see him, sorry!

And I didn't do my own fire head, a friend of mine did for my birthday. There are a lot of fire sites out there that you can buy a bunch of different types of heads. The main thing you need to take out of this is do a LOT of research and make sure everything you're doing is correct and safe. I just don't want to give you advice on a toy that I don't know very well at all. And for all of us fire spinners it's always safety 3rd!! (First - Safety of your audience, Second - Safety of your venue, Third - Safety of yourself)

Theo,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
The main thing you need to take out of this is do a LOT of research and make sure everything you're doing is correct and safe. I just don't want to give you advice on a toy that I don't know very well at all. And for all of us fire spinners it's always safety 3rd!! (First - Safety of your audience, Second - Safety of your venue, Third - Safety of yourself)

thanks for the heads up! :peace: i have poked around and there is a local fire spinning club, so i will be in contact with them soon. i have also discovered that $50 will buy a set of Dube (btw, its a french pronunciation, not DOOBEE, but DOOB EH?, :lol:) pro fire devil sticks. so, for safety's sake, i will purchase my devil sticks instead of trying to cobble something together that will work. i will learn with experienced club members and it will be cool!

Fire Diabolo's are SICK and definitely do exist.

i also found juggling balls that you don't need to wear gloves for!! i think the fire staff is cool too.

i will probably be broke and burnt in more than one way this winter :ko:

thanks so much for posting your photos. they are really cool, and i have been inspired to get involved in fire spinning.

notmyrealUSERname,

Theo

Awesome man, glad you've found people around you that also spin! While I was home for a couple months it was hard for me to keep up with spinning as nobody else did it around there. Finding a good group of people is really great and helps you learn A LOT! Enjoy yourself and be safe!

Theo,

dankers

Is the 5th picture a cannabis leaf? Would be cool to see that one redone.

Firespinning would be fun, can you buy the stuff online?

dankers,

Theo

dankers said:
Is the 5th picture a cannabis leaf? Would be cool to see that one redone.

Firespinning would be fun, can you buy the stuff online?

Haha, no, it isn't meant to be a leaf. When those really long ones are shot I don't know how long they're going for, so I can some-what do certain designs, but I don't I(or anybody I know) could do an actual cannabis leaf though it would be AWESOME!

You can buy the stuff on-line but I suggest not doing so unless you know people who actually do it so they can teach you and make sure you're doing everything correctly and, more importantly, safely!

Theo,

dankers

Theo said:
You can buy the stuff on-line but I suggest not doing so unless you know people who actually do it so they can teach you and make sure you're doing everything correctly and, more importantly, safely!

Ironically, I would assume I could learn safety and correct usage from the internet...

I kind of doubt there is anyone in my area that knows how to do it (or even a place to buy them). How would I find them?

dankers,

Theo

A good site is www.tribe.net

You can definitely learn how to be safe by reading on-line, but I feel like there is nothing like having people, who know a lot and already have a lot of experience, teaching you the correct ways to do things. It also makes learning a lot easier and a much better experience overall.

Theo,
Top Bottom