Extreme Q Vape vs SSV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am debating about getting a vape and am having difficulties deciding between the two. As of right now I have a mflb (I hate it, need to get it repaired), Syn mini heady showerhead, and a toro smaller shower bubbler. Looking for a solid vape for mostly whip and maybe bags but not really a concern if it does it.

So between the 2 help me decide.

iammikehoncho,

Kaptan

Your MFLB has a lifetime warranty so if it needs to be repaired, contact Blissville and they can send you a warranty replacement.

Between the 2 vapes you mentioned, they are both very capable vaporizers. I have an EQ so of course that would be the one I would recommend. I think it's just more versatile as it can do both whip and bags. It also includes everything you would need to connect it to a bong or bubbler. This is the only way I use my EQ. I've heard that the SSV vapor is slightly more dense than the EQ, but not as efficient.

Kaptan,
If I get the Extreme Q vape what adapters do I need to use with a water pipe? I know I need a 14 and 18.8 one for water pipe and one for bubbler.

Also how does it work with essential oils?

iammikehoncho,

Bouldorado

The tubing from the extreme fits snug in 14mm. For 18mm you need to buy a gong adapter or make something yourself.

Bouldorado,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I don't know about the tubing fitting directly into a 14mm, I didn't think it did, but I've always had a 14mm water pipe adapter. so I may very well be wrong about that one...

You shouldn't need anything special to connect an EQ to an 18mm piece though, the connection between the whip & the EQ (the elbow) is 18mm, and the EQ comes with 2 of them.

1 with a full length of tubing to act as a whip, and 1 with about 10cm of tubing for blowing bags.
Just hook the 2nd elbow up to the other end of the whip, take out the elbow screen & you should be good to go for 18mm pieces.

As for the ssv, 7th floor sell water pipe adaptors in 14mm & 18mm. I think they are about $17 each

I have both of the vapes you are looking at, and IMO the ssv is the better choice. (the ssvis the first vape I bought, so it's kind of my sentimental favourite, so I may be unknowingly biased)

all of the following is my optinion, and not necessarily fact
Efficiency:
The EQ has 2 ways you can pack it, the cyclone bowl, or the elbow pack.
The cyclone bowl shouldn't require stirring, while an elbow pack will generally need a stir towards the end.
I would say that the cyclone bowl is pretty inefficient, due to it's size, it tends to need a bit more in it for satisfying vapor.
Aside from that, I personally don't see a major difference between the EQ & the ssv in efficiency.

Bags:
The ssv cannot do bags, the EQ can, so it wins here.

Whips:
I prefer the ssv over the EQ for whip hits, but I've only used the EQ a few times for whip hits.
(the only reason I bought the EQ was to try bags; I prefer whip hits to bag hits)

Portability:
I'd give the EQ the slight edge, if using in bag mode, as you don't need to find somewhere to put the full whip, aside from that, I'd say they are about the same (I take my ssv over to a friends place all the time)

Heat up time:
Ssv: I'd say 2-5 minutes (the ssv can be left on 24/7, which would eliminate the heat up time completely)
EQ: I'd say 5-15 mins

Reliability:
I would give this to the ssv, as Essentially all it has is a ceramic heating rod, and a temperature dial.
The EQ has a fan, LCD display, 4 buttons, and more complicated internal electronics.
Having said that, I haven't heard anything major about either of them from a reliabilty standpoint, so they are probably pretty close to each other.

Overall:
I would go with an ssv every time, but I don't particularly care for bags.
If you want bags, then I would go with the EQ, if you want a better whip I would go with the ssv.

I hope that helps mike, if you have any questions about either unit, and how they compare, I'd be happy ro try to answer them.

Frederick McGuire,

Tritono

Im considering a SSV or EQ in my possibilities too. Is possible to vaporize small amounts of cannabis with the SSV efficiently?

I have read that the EQ has the electronics in the air path. Do you think that can affect the vapor?

Tritono,
I ended up getting the extreme q and got it in last night and I love it. I never tried an ssv so i cant say the difference but this thing is great. I did a cyclone bowl half way full and warmed it up then backed it down to 180 hooked up my syn mini showerhead and got 3 nice hits I started slow then hit it hard. I even coughed a little on the 3rd hit from the amount of vapor. Also did a bag on the same bowl turned it up to 190 and did the fan on 1 til it was like 40% full then hit the fan to 3. Th bag was not super dense but was so nice, I emptied it over about 2 hours just taking hits as I wanted them.

I do not know if I have ever been that baked it was a different type than using a straight bong but so amazing. The bowl does not look like its fully done even. I think I can still get some goodness for a few whip hits.

I still need to get a 14mm adapter for my bubbler. I was wondering though can you use a ssv whip? Since it has a glass 18mm connection I figure yes and I might order one with their 14mm & 18mm adapter as they seem nicer and you can even get custom glass for it that way.

i will admit I love the look of the ssv more than the extreme q it looks more techy and less simple and zen ha ha.

iammikehoncho,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom