Even more portable addition to Solo? Pax/Xmax V3 pro?

dutch_vaper

I've been using an Arizer Solo for about 8 years and I like it alot. The glass stem however doesn't make it really stealthy or portable enough to take it outside. So now I'm thinking about buying a 2nd vaporizer and can't really decide between the Pax or Xmax V3 pro.

Most important features would be USB/USB-C charging (with powerbank), dosing caps for easy loading on the go, which they both seem to have.

Pax is more expensive here in The Netherlands, but that doesn't bother me.

Any thoughts on which device I should buy? I've also looked at the Crafty+ but that's more expensive and I read quite a lot of negative experiences when it comes to battery life/replacements/warrenty.

Thanks!

dutch_vaper,
Reactions: vapviking

Dutch-Mic

I haven’t used both devices, but a lot of people seem to prefer the Xmax V3 pro. Hopefully someone that has experience with both can share their thoughts.

Another option: Xmax Starry 4. Conduction device like the Pax, dosing capsule option and a great price (100 euros).

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Pax is conduction, V3 Pro is convection based, they behave differently. I think this difference should be a major deciding factor, especially for an "only" vape (lots of folks have several, for variety of experience). I've read that the Solo has very good taste. You might not get that flavor from a Pax. Or you might not like the draw style of a convection vape (usually longer, slower draw with a convection vape).

If I were leaning towards convection, I would head for a Roffu, priced just a little more than the V3 Pro, it is a bit more refined. It can provide slightly cooler vapor than the V3Pro when used "native". Lots of folks like to use some glass piece for cooling when using the V3Pro. Roffu has a nice little glass mouthpiece option, and I use it that way, even as a portable.

Another difference is using removable battery or not; the decision whether to carry a powerbank or just a spare battery.

There are several in this space (say, under $200, or even under $150). All made in China, if I'm not mistaken.

If you share you vape in sessions, or like a larger bowl to hang out with, get an OG Mighty! Crafty hits the same way, but they have been typically a bit more temperamental than Mighty, that one is a workhorse.

Okay, eight years with the Solo, if you think about it, that device has cost next to nothing on a per-month basis, whatever. Maybe you would consider a larger investment, for something really special, that will also last? Thinking TinyMight here, maybe a couple of others. The TM also has a glass stem, but is quite portable.

You will get a lot of "answers" to your question here!

dutch_vaper

I'd go with the Roffu and a backup 18650. Very compact and effective setup. Superior to the v3 pro imo. It uses battery a bit faster but heats better. Handles v3pro capsules very well also.

Never head of the Roffu, thanks! I'll lookup some reviews. The device looks great and it seems it can make use of dosing caps too.

Also, I didn't even consider replacable batteries but using those will make life much easier :)

Pax is conduction, V3 Pro is convection based, they behave differently. I think this difference should be a major deciding factor, especially for an "only" vape (lots of folks have several, for variety of experience). I've read that the Solo has very good taste. You might not get that flavor from a Pax. Or you might not like the draw style of a convection vape (usually longer, slower draw with a convection vape).

I think the Solo has great taste and I believe some say it's both convection and conduction based. Don't have any problems with the draw, but I never used any other vapes than the Solo. So I'm not sure if a fully convection or conduction vape would suit me better.

If I were leaning towards convection, I would head for a Roffu, priced just a little more than the V3 Pro, it is a bit more refined. It can provide slightly cooler vapor than the V3Pro when used "native". Lots of folks like to use some glass piece for cooling when using the V3Pro. Roffu has a nice little glass mouthpiece option, and I use it that way, even as a portable.

Yeah, same as @Sativapo suggested. Definately will check it out.

Okay, eight years with the Solo, if you think about it, that device has cost next to nothing on a per-month basis, whatever. Maybe you would consider a larger investment, for something really special, that will also last? Thinking TinyMight here, maybe a couple of others. The TM also has a glass stem, but is quite portable.

True! Budget isn't really an issue but I would rather spend 100 than 300 euro's for a vape that I will occasionally take outdoors. But then again... maybe the higher end vapes will indeed last longer or, more important, provide better results than the Solo... decisions decisions... Going to have a look at the TinyMight too!

maremaresing

The pax is a great tiny ultraportable, but it seems like you can do with something larger/heavier. Especially if it will be a primary vape. Like others, I recommend the roffu in that price range and specifications.

It's a very pretty device, feels great in the hand, and the vapor is cool. Dosing caps are a must, since you can't clean the airpath like the pax. I think it has great performance from dosing caps, and that's the only way I use it. Low smell compared with the pax/starry/others due to the convection nature and even heating.

gangababa

I am here also as a near nine year Solo user. I now also have a Tinymight 2.
Even with the 80 mm stem, the TM is sufficiently sturdy to carry.
Because the TM heater is more powerful one can, if needed, dose quicker and deeper when out and about.
The TM is easy to clean; essentially only the stem and whatever is in the stem need alcohol wash.

When using dosing capsules, the TM can be dialed in closer to the Solo experience, because they do slow down airflow.
Pop the cover off a dosing capsule and insert in a stem open end toward the heater for faster extraction.
When done, replace cover and swap out the capsule.

A Solo stem and a TM capsule are quite close in volume for the load. The capsule will not fit the Solo stem.

20230604-140850.jpg

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

This looks pretty portable

Top Bottom