Enhancing tincture potency?

wiggles

Hey everyone.
My usual method to make a tincture is as follows:

1) Fine grind (often in a coffee grinder unless I am trying to keep kief) 1/8 oz herb
2) Bake in oven at 225 for 1 hour to decarb
3) Mix herbs in 95% ABV everclear, 1/4 cup in a mason jar and seal.
4) Soak in a freezer for several days (a week or more usually), shaking vigorously at least once or twice a day
5) Filter out plant material through a coffee filter, and put into dark eye dropper bottles.

This usually leads to a decently strong tincture that I will add to coffee, water (or for the absolute best taste: milk).

What I'd like to do is up the power of the tincture by a factor of two to four, so instead of needing 4 eye-droppers full, I can just use 1.

A long time ago I tried this by just letting the alcohol evaporate, but the results were really not that impressive considering I lost half the volume of tincture.

So - any tweaks I can make on this process? Is there anything I can do to help amplify the potency of the end product beyond "just" evaporating it?

wiggles,
Reactions: smokum

blubbakush

I used a similar recipe like you have listed but found a much better one.

I have made numerous batches using this recipe: (follow it exactly)

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/1217451-dragon-liteanother-tincture-thread.html

I usually use a quarter ounce and reduce the final product down to 30ml (one dropper bottle). 1ml dropper full (normally have to do 2 half ML since the dropper never gets all the way full) on average is about 40mg potency. (compared to edibles I have purchased and per the calculation I've made based on %THC in the bud)

When you evaporate the alcohol you aren't losing anything other than alcohol since the THC oil is suspended in the alcohol.

the link above has lots and lots of info and I have spent countless hours reading and reading. (and learned some lessons the hard way resulting in a batch being thrown away)

By the way, the person who started the link above and created the tincture recipe listed is a genius in my opinion. He can answer just about any question you ask and I have asked a fair share.

This is my first post here... (I have numerous on the link above)

Top Bottom