Elevape SV or FireFly

vapeppau

Hey guys, I'm in need of some opinion.

I've been really happy with my crafty that I bought back in November and its been my daily driver ever since. Its been a great session vape at home and I've been using it out and about as its small and as it has a stealthy form factor.

Now, I recently heard about the half price sale on the esv and vas has reared its ugly head!

I've been reading about esv and it's got me thinking I should get an on demand full convection vape that doesn't cook herb between hits. It seems to be the perfect companion to a session vape like my crafty

I've narrowed my choice of on demand convection vape to either the esv or the ff. I was hoping people who have used both could answer a few questions about both:

1. Amongst esv and ff, which vape has better taste?

2. Which one extracts best? By this i mean completely extracting cannabinoids in the least hits as possible...

3. Cleaning and maintenance, which one requires the least?

4. Any word/ goss on if there is going a be a v2.0 of either esv or ff? If they are releasing such a version soon I just might wait it out for them to iron out any issues

I'm really torn between the 2 even tho the esv is a bit finicky with its coil placement and sensor cleaning while the ff has problems with the battery and its size rules out stealth

Cheers

Last edited:

TNT_error

3. I only own the FF, but with no moving parts, it's one of the least maintenance vape out there. You could clean it in under 10 seconds

TNT_error,

EveryDayAmnesiac

Well, I hate to quote myself, but.... oh, who am I kidding. I LOVE quoting myself. :ko:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/elevape-sv.13517/page-25#post-658928

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/elevape-sv.13517/page-26#post-660015

Here's some head-to-head comments on the two. Some of my opinions on the ESV have changed a little - and at times changed completely, which is quite noticeable if you follow the thread:

The ESV does have a learning curve for some people.

My newly factory-returned ESV now does give me more even-colored ABV - I am no longer getting dark bits.

The ESV now offers a stirring lid.

I wouldn't call the ESV a "no-brainer" at this point.

To answer your questions directly:

1. FF

2. Tie, and/or dependent on your style

3. FF requires the least, IMO. But not by much. Definitely the least complicated.

4. I'd guess no 2.0 anytime soon, but wouldn't swear to it. Why the 50% off sale on the ESV anyway?

Pretty sure there is one or two more direct comparisons in the ESV thread somewhere.

And since you are in Australia - do you have Australian vendors for both of these, or will you have to order from beyond? I'd say they both are a bit risky as far as sendbacks are concerned.

I think Firefly was offering the original "Premium Package" again recently. Not sure if that's only from Firefly directly though.

:2c:

Last edited:

vapeppau

And since you are in Australia - do you have Australian vendors for both of these, or will you have to order from beyond? I'd say they both are a bit risky as far as sendbacks are concerned.
yeah that there is a reason why the esv with its 50% off wasnt an impulse buy. shipping it back to Joe for adjustments would be killer and kind of defeats the purpose.

Thanks @EveryDayAmnesiac those links to your thoughts were what i was looking for. one more question how is it using the ff as a stealth vape? im actually kind of leaning towards the ff now...just concerned with its bulk

vapeppau,

EveryDayAmnesiac

I have had great success using my FF away from home in a stealthy manner.

I have used it at work regularly. At work, I tend to wear cargo pants, and the FF rests in my right back pocket easily without attracting attention. But I do make sure to wear a belt or sometimes a little crack goes on display. :lol:

That happens with the ESV as well though. ESV fits better in a heavier shirt pocket if you wear one.

Anyway, it's simply a matter of, "Do you have time to duck somewhere for a short while to take the quick tokes you need, and how many hits do you need? I'm a lightweight, and for the entire time I'm away from home I usually only need one bowl of FF or ESV, and (usually) only one battery of FF, and a good charge on the ESV.

Impressive, how medicated you (I) can get with 1 minute alone with either of these.

The ESV is something you can pretty much use in front of people, if you're outside and can make a white lie convincingly if you have to. I've never had to yet, using the ESV in front of strangers.

Based on my usage, and what has been reported on FC, the FF seems far less likely to combust. I did combust inside once with the ESV while at work and... well, let's just say it took some fast-thinking, which is most certainly not one of my strong points.

I don't find any need to stir ground material in the FF, so that can help it be more stealthy. I recently ordered the new ESV stirring lid, but I haven't tried it yet. That could make a huge difference.

I'm medicated all day, from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep, and I typically only use 0.20 grams per day. Used to be 0.25, but... I'm managed to cut back. :lol: If you're a heavier user, this will change the whole equation big time.

At the end of the day, I suppose a properly working ESV is more naturally stealthy than a FF, but a FF used smartly by a lightweight can hold its own.

Last edited:
EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: vapeppau

vapeppau

Do you have time to duck somewhere for a short while to take the quick tokes you need, and how many hits do you need?
Well I'm a lot more shy then you then about my toking :D

I always make sure that I'm out of direct site and as inconspicuous as possible and never do it indoors. I only need 2-3 hits (those are crafty hits, I'm guessing ff would be same ballpark), so as far as stealth goes I guess it comes down to how it appears to other people when you use it. The esv I'm pretty sure can be wrapped in ones had (can wrap my hand around crafty even and it looks like I'm taking a sip from a small black juice box), but the ff seems like you hold it in the palm of your hand? would it be very stealthy holding something like that to ones mouth?

vapeppau,

EveryDayAmnesiac

I do enjoy testing where I can get away with vaporizing, yes.

I have never tried a Crafty, so I can't say. Seems to be a very powerful unit. I do know you can get serious, and fast, cloudage with either the FF or ESV.

If it comes down to steath, then the ESV with supposedly working stirring lid wins (or if you have time to stir it by opening).

The FF, for better or worse, is one of those contraptions that people want to know more about when they see it, IME. It really has a look all its own, IMO. Plus, yes, the way you hold it is not particularly stealthy unless you got mad skills.

If you got the coinage, then maybe "rolling the dice" on an ESV would be worth it. But I'd also say be completely prepared to have to sent it back for retooling, particularly if you're not a DIY sort of guy. That $ would add up fast, I suppose.

Tough call. Probably best to wait it out, but who know how long that ESV deal will last! :lol:

Think I've said all I can say. Hopefully more FC'ers will chime in.

Too bad there aren't more FC'ers who have both these units...

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: vapeppau

vapeppau

just an update:

decided to go with the ESV!

-50% off coupon has massive swaying power for ~300 dollar vapes!
-usb charging!
-much more stealthy
-EDA

Top Bottom