electric heater for slurper/blender - ideas?

beeonesix

hi! new here and have been messing with using terp slurpers and a torch for a bit. I love the slurper for flavor and efficiency and had two ideas:

1. Heat with cartridge heater
Use a something like this heater into this sort of slurper to heat it up before use

2. make an oversized, bigger coil/wire heater and put the slurper *in* the heater.
e.g., a heater coil that was like 40mm~ wide and 80mm long that would heat the whole slurper.

I can easily rewire an existing coil heater with a new cartridge or get a whole new pid.

Has anyone experimented with anything like this?

beeonesix,
Reactions: Twizzy

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
710coils actually sells a custom made nail and slurper setup, I think they claimed to be the first ones, and based on your post they might still be the only ones with an e slurper! Not sure if they currently have them in stock right now, but customer service is pretty awesome so you can reach out and ask...

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
710coils actually sells a custom made nail and slurper setup, I think they claimed to be the first ones, and based on your post they might still be the only ones with an e slurper! Not sure if they currently have them in stock right now, but customer service is pretty awesome so you can reach out and ask...
The slurp-e mentioned above:

davesmith

Glass Blower
Im not convinced it would be worth it. Even the poshest enails never hit like a torch dab and i feel slurpers are even more reliant on that style of heating.

beeonesix

Thanks for the replies above!

I am an idiot and didn't save my edits to the original post.

i forgot to mention - the e-slurpers that have the little hanger on the bottom and use a normal coil don't *usually* heat up the column enough, based on reviews. that's the point of using the cartridge heater - heating up the stem.

Im not convinced it would be worth it. Even the poshest enails never hit like a torch dab and i feel slurpers are even more reliant on that style of heating.
I hear you! i like my banger+enail setup a lot but do like how much more smooth and fun the good slurper/blenders are. I'm pretty much into trying it. if i could get the slurper to 550F~ before i put it back on the rig i'd be happy.

My next question is more about the heaters themselves - can i swap out a coil heater for a cartridge heater with a k-type thermocouple (like this one) without much issue? should i change the power supply? I have a fairly standard enail kit already.

any idea if it'll get too hot without a bigger substrate? could always get a very small one (e.g., 4mm~) and put it in a steel rod (8mm) that provides some heatsink for it.

Hippie

If I'd have known that, I'd have said .... a halo blender and a coil will give a more even heat spread than an e slurper :)
A deep auto spinner (and a coil) is also another option, and less of a faff to clean up.

Not sure if I'm imagining it now, but I think I've seen a slurper with a 10 or 16mm coil around the pillar too

Top Bottom