Edibles that last

JustOnCloud9

Ate the Kumo Kumo no mi
I am going to make some edibles with some of my friends for 4/20. Other than cannacapsules, which my friends don't want to make because they want to make something they can eat, I was wondering what edibles we can make that I can lock away in my mini fridge and will last for a long time.

I am not going to consume my entire share of the edibles we make since it will be a large batch and it wouldn't be all that smart to since I would end up waaaay too high. I thought about cannabutter, but my beef with that is the difficulty in measuring dosage with it since I like to know how much thc per food ratio like a gram per brownie for example.

Any suggestions is much appreciated

JustOnCloud9,

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
I just cook my weed into coconut oil, and keep it in a glass jar in the fridge. Coconut oil lasts a loooong time, longer than butter since its not animal-based. It also has a higher fat content than butter, so it better absorbs the cannabanoids.

I eat a spoonful directly from the jar. You can easily melt the oil into something else, spread it on toast etc if you don't like the taste of the raw oil.

As for the dosage - No matter what method you use, you'll have to start with smaller doses and work your way up, to work out the right dose for you. If you have a scale, you can measure the weed you use, and then divide up the coconut oil into small jars, to get an idea of how much weed went into each jar. But even so, different weed can be stronger than others, and the cooking process might have slight variations (eg. temperature, time) for each batch.

bleak,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
The best way I have found for longer term storage is the freezer. Just bake your treats and freeze what you think will not get eaten. You have to remember that anything you bake with cannabutter will last just as long as with normal butter.

If your planning on making a large batch of cannabutter it's better to freeze a portion of the cannabutter instead of a made cake/brownies etc. I've been making flavoured butters for years (garlic and parsley butter for steaks - yum!) and keep them up to a year with no problems.

As to dosing it's so subjective it's impossible to tell. Just start slow and small and leave at least 3 hours before upping your edible dose 'cos it can take an age sometimes to kick in ime.

J.R.R.Tokin',

JustOnCloud9

Ate the Kumo Kumo no mi
True, in the end I think that we will probably do brownies. I think they would last a week or two in my fridge/freezer before they go stale.

I've made cannabutter before and I'm not too fond of it because I like having an exact doasage and not have to play the wait and see game. Like you said it can take an age or two to kick in and when you can end up fucking yourself over by getting too high by eating more when the edible that you ate first has yet to kick in.

I plan to use coconut oil to make cannacapsules whenever I get my wisdom teeth taken out. That way I won't risk getting dry socket through vaporizing or smoking and still be heavily sedated for the pain.

JustOnCloud9,
Top Bottom