E.Z.V. Digi Vape - Circuit Board Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
EZV Digi Vape
doesn't get hot
DVM reads 1.27-1.32 volts to the heating element
visual inspection shows no apparent blown caps, cracked or burnt chip resistors or other components.

what components should I suspect, and can I test them while they're soldered in place? or does that change the resistance of components?

friend of a friend spent $80 at a swap meet, no receipt, worked for a while then stopped getting hot and asked if I would look at it.

Thanks for any advice (besides its' conversion into a door stop),

VWFringe,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
do I need to dump all the components from the board to test them individually, or can some be left in place and tested?

there are some chip resistors and other components I would not want to de-solder if i don't need to.

are certain components more or less likely to cause low voltage going to the heater element?

VWFringe,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
ps: the videos I watched so far on Youtube all seem to be product specific or about how to test a cap (by removing it LOL)

VWFringe,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
do I need to dump all the components from the board to test them individually, or can some be left in place and tested?

i think most components would be affected by other components attached to it. Probably the best you can hope for is to check voltage levels and ground at various spots around the board, trying to follow the voltage to be applied to the heater.

you could try resoldering all the components in case there was a weak solder joint and the initial heat cycle caused one to come off. You could try pressing on each one to see if that changes the voltage to the heater.

is there AC inside the box/on the circuit board? do be careful.

any pictures?

Hippie Dickie,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom