1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

1. TaterLog

TaterLog Real Human [baked] Bean

I know climate impacts the life of a Nano's shell, but could the fluctuation of temps (from cutting the unit on/off) cause it to crack as well?

I have a friend who has left his walnut unit running at 6.5 since it arrived at his home (Fall of 2016) and he has not had any issues. My shell was replaced within 6mo of use (I got mine a week before he bought his) and I cut it on/off daily. I also treated the wood weekly prior to it cracking, where he has never put anything on his.

Now, excuse me as I partake in a few rips of some Gorilla Glue and enjoy this lazy Sunday!

Edited to try and add an image . Doesn't seem to be working correctly. Is it Imgur or user error?

[​IMG]

Figured it out!

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
    ataxian, Vapor_Eyes, slazak71 and 7 others like this.
  2. unsorted

unsorted Well-Known Member

Mine looks similar. I posted about it here:
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/e-nano-from-epicvape.7844/page-693#post-997319

The crack has not gotten any longer, but it is a slight bit wider. I can slip the edge of a credit card into it now. Mine has a few other voids and imperfections, so the crack doesn't bother me. It's mine and I like it that way.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    GetLeft, ataxian, Vapor_Eyes and 4 others like this.
  3. hd_rider

hd_rider Well-Known Member

While out and about recently I was in one of those touristy gift shops and came across this cute little hand-made bowl. The inside is very 3-D and is just so cool-feeling. After a session, I just find myself mesmerized with it; it's very trippy indeed.

It replaces a simple ash tray I was using to collect the AVB from my nano stem. Now my little "vape station" is complete.

[​IMG]

GetLeft, ataxian, Vapor_Eyes and 7 others like this.
  4. Cstm

Cstm New Member

Can anyone compare the performance of the enano to the Tubo Evic? Thanks!

ataxian likes this.
  5. Alegre

Alegre Pobre payaso

I've been wondering the same. Mine is a walnut and I'm praying it doesn't split.

6. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Fill the crack with epoxy!
    Panic paw!

NANO if can?

GetLeft, BigJr48 and vapen00b like this.
  7. Crohnie

Crohnie Crohn's Warrior

Thanks for the advice. The newer unit definitely runs hotter than my previous nano.

GetLeft, Vapor_Eyes, ataxian and 3 others like this.
  8. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Trippy bowl, love the blue flame flowers.
    I'm always keeping an eye out for vape station/storage/portability gear while in stores I'd rather not be in. Mrs Fizz stopped questioning things that get placed in the cart. :)
    Both are great units hovering at the top of their respective classes.
    Log vs Portable prolly been asked more than a few times in "Ask FC" thread.
    Not kosher in vape specific threads.

Going with some Black Lime Special Reserve this Memorial Day cause it's the most military sounding strain I have.
    :bowdown: to those who have fallen. :(

:peace:

GetLeft, Vapor_Eyes, Summer and 5 others like this.
  9. CloudMonet

CloudMonet Well-Known Member

Anyone know how long it usually takes Epicvape to ship? I'm not complaining or anything, just trying to plan around some stuff happening this week and next weekend.

[edit] never mind, it shipped today! Ordered on a Friday, shipped next business day.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  10. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

I'd think you'd definitely have it before the weekend. Best wishes with it. We'd love to hear how your trial run goes.

11. slazak71

slazak71 Active Member

i wasnt sure i need more vaporizers then two butanes but this device bringing me to pure vaporization, if somebody would ask me what vaporization is? i would give try shot from e nano :p

this vaporizer is so friendly, can be use in many ways and both dry and water are master effectives
    i like mostly through wwater or dry leaving for couples min full steam on and take one big white shot :zzz:

for that price/quality/campanyservice im in 100% happy with this product, the only thing i have to change is water pipe but it will be done soon and im not expecting nothing more better for me in long term of timme ,
    im fully satisfied with my vaporizers and enano complete the team perfectly :love:

that gonna be good bong for enano ? do i need any extra adapter for 18 ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    ataxian, GetLeft, Sparkpug and 3 others like this.
  12. SloJimFizz

Glad your enjoying your Nano @slazak71 It really is an awesome tool.
    That bubbler will work just fine.
    You just need to get one or more 18mm gongs and your set. Perhaps a carb adaptor from TAG for easier carb popping.
    New batch of Chendawg in the Nano for a pre day stem. Enjoy the day all. :peace:

13. Alegre

Alegre Pobre payaso

Hey guys!

When you clean the stems, do you remove the outer silicone thingy?

14. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I got this stem as a backup and It came with one of the ends broken off so I finally just added the red "O" rings and a cover over the broken end. Anyways the mixed bag of silicone parts has lasted just fine with daily ISO cleaning.

GetLeft, ataxian, Vapor_Eyes and 4 others like this.
  15. dizin

dizin New Member

Hey everyone,

I reached out to Epic a few months ago via their website and never got a reply about my Nano that stopped working, but thankfully it started up again so I never followed up. Here I am now and my Nano is officially not working :(!! but I can't seem to get in contact with customer service. I sent an e-mail last Wednesday but still have not heard back. My Nano is still protected under warranty, please help!

Thank you!

Also just to throw it out there for any potential buyers, I have had wonderful experience with customer service in the past. Last time I e-mailed them (before all this) was a couple years ago when I dropped a stem I had just ordered. I received a response within a day and they threw me a free stem with my next order which was fantastic. I am just really missing my nano! :p

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    GetLeft, ataxian, RUDE BOY and 2 others like this.
  16. Alegre

Alegre Pobre payaso

Hi!

Do you dip the stem in iso or just wipe everyday?

Thanks!

ataxian and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  17. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

I have two aluminum fuel bottles, one with really old dirty ISO and one with cleaner ISO, the stem gets submerged in both in turn and agitated. Then the stem gets water rinsed and wiped dry. Takes a bit of time but its part of that whole tools maintenance thing I have.:shrug:

Wow that sucks, I seemed to remember their company representative checking in last week or so. I paged back a screen and found this.

Good Luck, hope it all plays out soon.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2018
  18. SloJimFizz

Hello @dizin
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. With it coming back on for a spell, then it stop working again, sounds like you may just need to snug down one or both contacts inside the Nano. Could also be your cord going bad, but it could be an easy fix you at least could check. Be vaping tonight, if lucky.
    The two screws to access the innards are under the cork feet on each end of the Epicvape name on the bottom plate. Remove the bottom plate and check the snugness of the two contacts. The contacts are not soldered, they are car speaker type contact slides. Hopefully one of those has just slid off.
    First step in trouble shooting, couldn't hurt to check.
    And I'm sure @nadia_epic will pop in here shortly and you'll get sorted out either way.
    Good luck.

GetLeft, ataxian, dizin and 7 others like this.
  19. nadia_epic

nadia_epic EpicVape Team Company Rep

If I haven't responded yet please send me a PM. I'm dreadfully behind due to our website, Memorial sale, staff vacations, life...I'll spare you the excuses. I have responded to about 25 emails in the last hour though so I'm hoping one of them was yours!

I'll post my general wordy updates later today when I am caught up!

Nadia
    EpicVape Customer Service

vapen00b, ataxian, Vapor_Eyes and 9 others like this.
  20. dizin

dizin New Member

You were right! However I can't seem to get the blue light back on and it seems like everythings gotten much more loose, I did get it to heat again though. I won't have much use for the vape for the next week so I think I am going to send it back anyway and let them fix it up but this is great to know, I feel like I have connected with my Nano on another level! :D

Thank you for the reply! I wish I posted here like 3 months ago haha!

I got your e-mail, thank you! You are always so friendly!

Good luck with the workload!!

21. baxter

baxter Well-Known Member

Maybe you can pick up some wood filler at Home Depot its like $4 for a tube

If it was me I would give that a try before mailing it back. After the wood filler dries and cures it will probably look pretty artistic

[​IMG]

vapen00b, ataxian and BigJr48 like this.
  22. SloJimFizz

Good day all my fellow Epicvape enthusiasts. Starting the afternoon off with a little Jack Herer in the Nano before finding out what Fortuna has in store for the rest of the day.
    Huge Thank You! to both @UnevenPizza and @nadia_epic for the "A Confederacy of Dunces" recommendation. One of the best books I've listened to in awhile and the reader is amazing. :clap:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  23. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known Member

Required reading in my high school new Orleans . Amazing book. Cheers , D. Gonna buy me a nano, and another copy of confederacy of dunces.. :tup:

24. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Ah, that's nothing but just some added character. Great wood has character.

Now, please forgive me. I'm not being cavalier about your cracked wood. But I'm a shot-gunner and nobody buys more expensive, highly figured, wood to make stocks out of than shot-gunners. While we all love that highly figured wood, its subject to faults and cracks. Comes with the figuring. Burl in particular will often have voids and other defects once you start cutting into the blank. The strongest wood will be the plainest. Tight, plain, grain is best from a structural POV....but we all still love our figured stocks so...what the hell. Cracks is what comes with the territory. With shotguns, with a small crack like that the fix is generally to use Super Glue. If you can get at it the right angle, drilling a very small hole and pinning the two sides together with a very small wood dowel is how its done right (don't try this on your enano yourself if you are not a wood worker). If you have any stock smiths in your area, they should be able to pin and glue it so you will hardly know its there. Or just learn to love it....its character! :-)

Yes, do not put the silicone sleeve in ISO to soak. They come off very easy IF you just put it under some running water...maybe pull a lip of the sleeve up to start getting water under it then it just slides off. Slides on easy the same way.

Others on FC turned me on to this and it works very well.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  25. hafalump

hafalump Well-Known Member

Ha! That is how we fix a crack in a didgeridoo. I Also recommend a super glue slurry of saw dust.
    It will be thicker, and more wood like. Note that we are not filling voids, but "pinning the crack"
    This has saved some expensive instruments, and shot guns too I'd imagine.

BigJr48, Baron23 and Vapor_Eyes like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors