1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

1. UnevenPizza

UnevenPizza I dream of Pizza

That video reminded me of this one:

Click to play YouTube Video

Don't worry he's a professional! :science:

2. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Lets hear it for science, I have always wanted to be a lab rat.

CarolKing, Vaponly, ataxian and 3 others like this.
  3. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

While I do have some tolerance, I can succumb to anxiety attacks from vaping if not careful. It happens to me every now and then.

A suggestion to your friend is to also vape the indica at a higher temp setting to get more sedative medicine and decrease the racy effects. You may already know this, but I wanted to mention it just in case. I feel for anyone who goes through this.

Also, if you have any control over the growing of his medicine, holding off on harvesting your buds until over 50% of the tric's turn amber is another way to get more sedative medicine. :peace:

4. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

[​IMG]
    You know @BabyFacedFinster I too suffer from Anxiety at times.
    Not everyday however someday's!

GSC never has given me trouble so that's why I all-way's have some.

Other strains I have to be careful.

Some can consume whatever?
    Not me?

Only a few strain's work for me!

Today I will get a mixed OZ 28-30 grams.

My NANO is a great medical device for my situation.
    I need to order more GONG's.

I have a program that work's for me!
    However no claim here, just what I do.
    SATVIA = morning
    HYBRID = afternoon
    INDICA = night

The strain I use work for my need's.

NANO is simple and TASTE insane (as in good)

Easy to use!

5. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

@Baron23 has your friend tried taking cbd oil to help settle anxiety? If not maybe suggest it alongside vaping. It doesnt work for everybody I believe, but is a godsend for some. It may help him acclimate to the cannabis effects more comfortably, and will surely be an extra good thing from a health and medical point of view.
    Has to be worth a shot anyway. Best of luck at keeping the horse at the drinking trough long enough to get used to the water. Best wishes to you also!:tup:

6. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

CBD oil did not work for me?

The right SATIVA (flavor beyond) = DREAM QUEEN is one that work's. JACK FROST as well.
    NANO at 6.0 lately?

DREAM QUEEN is full of FLAVOR if that's important? (morning's)
    PHANTOM COOKIES is a HYBRID I love (afternoon - 420)
    I have some ROMULAN to try before bed. (INDICA)

My NANO has been on 6.0 these daz's?
    Next crop higher!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  7. UnevenPizza

I've been sick with sort of a cold the last few days. Voluntarily abstained from vaping to let the respiratory system recover.
    And made AVB-edibles!
    I only tried using avb once a few years ago and it wasn't really more than a bit of a buzz. This time I used 3.3 grams of varying colors, from dark brown to still green, spread onto 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
    Phew.
    About 1.5 - 2 hours later I was feeling it come on strong.
    I knew I looked disheveled because of being sick but my girlfriend noticed something was up and said I was looking totally baked.

I got a lot of writing done, very fun, lots of laughs haha. And then towards the evening we watched some TV and I got tired around 10pm.
    I slept like a hibernating bear, finally the first time since I got sick,and my girlfriend also wasn't woken up, so win/win!

Also, even though I've slept over 10 hours, and it's been 18 hrs since ingestion, I'm still feeling it.. Amazing.
    Gonna be a wild day!

Don't underestimate avb ;D

8. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Wow, I normally throw my abv away....

UnevenPizza likes this.
  9. UnevenPizza

Ohh, I used to as well.
    But that was one of the pros that I heard about when new to vaping. There's a lot of things you can do with it!

Since it's already been heated /activated while vaping, you just need to get it in you, haha. Some people put it into gel caps, or you can just eat it on a peanut butter sandwich. Anything with a lot of fat.
    But I've been consistently collecting avb from the nano stems, have a little Glas jar full of it.

I used a bit too much this time haha, because in the past the experience was lackluster..

SloJimFizz, CarolKing and Alexis like this.
  10. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

If you were to infuse the abv into coconut oil on a low heat forv2-3 hours, thevstrain into a jar through muslin, im sure you would get a lot more out of it weight by weight.
    Even though yes, it has been decarbed, this will still get a much better level of actives available for absorption and you would surprised how small a dose it would take.

3.3 grams of abv made this way- man that would be a MASSIVE dose. I have no doubt personally that cooking it in coconut oil makes it much more effective. Just kerp the heat low and stir every 15-20 mins at least to prevent burning.

I never use water, just straight coconut oil. After you strain through muslin, squeeze out all the oil you can. Clean hands well first, so you can wipe the coconut oil off you fingers from squeezing, into the jar. You will have a load of oil left inside the muslin wrapped herb bundle that cant be pressed out.

What I do is twist the muslin up tight so the herb is neatly contained in a ball (it helps to use a bigger piece of muslin for this, like 8 inches square) then pour boiling water overvit in a cup, just to cover it- useva wide and flat based cup, then press out the oil with a spoon against the side of the cup.

You will see the water turn dark and creamy. You wont need to press itball out for one dose, depending on how much you cook (I usually do at least 8 grams abv into 110 grams coconut oil roughly, so you only need small amounts for a dose, like 2-5 grams of oil), and there are always several very strong doses left in the muslin. Just squeeze out the water each time and it will keep fine in the fridge for at least 2 days.

One other thing that will significantly enhance potency is I always add sunflower lecithin at the start of cooking, it facilitates extraction. For my quantity it is about 2 big teaspoons, but even a little will help.

Anyway, this method will get you so much more out of your abv, in comparison it is a waste to eat it straight.

If you have loads of abv, by all means do a bigger batch. Just think about how much coconut oil you use so you dont need mega sized doses to get stoned. Enjoy whatever you do though!:)

11. OyVape

OyVape Well-Known Member

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before. This is a huge thread to sort through...

I bought my walnut Nano a few years ago from another member and it has been a wonderful reliable standby. But now there seems to be a short in the cord, somewhere around the switch. The light flickers and the heat goes off and on. I don't know electronics so not sure if this is DIY fixable. Since I bought it used, I don't have a warranty. Does
    Epic fix this kind of thing for a reasonable service charge?

Hjalmark and BigJr48 like this.
  12. snackmaster

snackmaster Well-Known Member

Doesn't hurt to get in touch with epicvape about it, but I suspect an issue like that in a cord that's a few years old wouldn't be covered. Not sure how easy it would be to fix, but the replacement cords are available for relatively cheap (~$20).

13. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Cheap and Easy.

https://epicvape.com/product/e-nano-v2-replacement-cord/

14. OyVape

OyVape Well-Known Member

Yeah, unfortunately mine is the v1 with the built-in cord...PM'ed Ace of Vape about it.

CarolKing, Hjalmark, BigJr48 and 2 others like this.
  15. snackmaster

snackmaster Well-Known Member

Ooooh bummer! I think in the past those units have been "upgraded" (i.e., replaced with new style) for fee instead of being fixed, but that may not be an option without warranty.

16. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

@OyVape It could even be the area that the cord plugs into on the Enano. I had mine replaced because it was loose. My Enano was fixed and only gone for 10 days.:2c: Good idea to call Epic or email.

I have a nice strain called Hindu Kush in my Enano right now. It has an earthy taste.:)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    UnevenPizza, Hjalmark and BigJr48 like this.
  17. UnevenPizza

Finally have some flowers for my nano again.

OG Amnesia :whoa:

Smells like the Rhino or Lion cage at the zoo in my room now xD
    Jungle scents.
    A fine crystal coat.
    For advanced users hahaha

18. vapenerd

vapenerd Well-Known Member

So I had my first few sessions with the E-Nano. It's the best vaporizing experience I have ever had! I put the dial between 6 and 7 and got a lot of smooth vapor, not too hot, great taste, fun to use.

The vape seems very efficient. I should do this calculation for the E-Nano, would be interesting.

Some questions from an E-Nano newbie:

1) I used the long stem (it's amazing!) and some of the material fell through the screen. I assume most people don't grind the herb for the E-Nano, right?

2) I bought the E-Nano stand and some of the stems don't fit very tightly. Am I right in assuming it works best with the silicone stem guards? I love them and the glow in the dark thing looks so dope!

3) Any other tips for an E-Nano noob?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  19. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Sounds like your grind was maybe on the fine side. I would use a medium grind. You can use small nuggets as well. Usually I don't have much of a problem with the find grinds of herb going through the screen. The cannabis somewhat sticks together after the first draw. I use mine as a Sessions vape so I will stir my load about half way through my session.

The glass isn't exactly always precise but pretty much on target for a consistent size. With glass stems you will notice this over time. The Solo glass stems arent as consistant as the Enano stems. It sounds like the screen is in the right place for you as well.

Yes the silicone guards are awesome. It also makes the stem more sturdy if dropped.

My temp is anywhere from 5.75 to 6.5 depending on my flowers that I'm using. You will notice some weed needs to be higher or lower heat wise, A lot to take into consideration such a moisture content and the cannabis terpenes.

The stems are easy to clean with a rinse of ISO and hot water. Unless you want to scape the resin from the sides of your stem for a concentrate session. You can sandwich your concentrates in between the flowers.

The Enano is a superior desk style in every way. From exquisite build and the choice of wood to the customer service. This vaporizer will not disappoint.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  20. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

Heya Nano-ites, I've been out of the loop around these parts for a week or so but it's been nice to catch up! I have a few medical issues but lately my spine has taken centre stage. I've got surgery scheduled for the 24th, and hopefully it will resolve some of the pain/nerve & muscle spasms in my pelvis and legs. I will still have the degenerative spinal condition but if it buys me some time, it will be worthwhile.

Anyhoo, still loving my Nano and still discovering small nuances in my technique can deliver different experiences. On one hand, the Nano is simple to use and has a tiny learning curve; I picked it up and immediately had good results. But, with some practice I got great results consistently! Playing with different screen depths and temps is FUN also! I really like this about the Nano, that it's capable of having various types of "conversation" depending on how I'm feeling or what I'm after. A session with my Nano, a long lazy one, feels like a conversation. I can also just pop in and say hi if I want!

I need to confess something that occurred a few weeks ago, I've began to a few times but then the embarrassment was too great. But fuck it, it was funny so here goes:
    I was standing up hitting my Nano through a dry FC-187, very milky and when I cleared and held it, I had a total body vibrational sensation. I closed my eyes and everything went all fractal/geometric kaleidoscope just like The Big Lebowski, I swear. This was the bingo hit of All Time! Then I came to lying on the floor, I had blacked out! I couldn't believe it, 30+ years of cannabis use and never experienced that! Yes, NANO! The load was a bit of golden reclaim coated in kief on a bed of herb with a bit of kief sprinkled on top for good luck, but still... what a surprise! Shortly afterwards, a new Nano marketing slogan came to me:

E-Nano from EpicVape, Better Sit Your Ass Down!

I think @Baron23 is one heckuva man & friend. I've just seen over and over how you care for your friends, even strangers, repeatedly offering your time, assistance and compassion. I've also seen how hard you can be on yourself, and you should cut that shit out! You make the world a better place, just my :2c:.

21. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

@pxl_jockey :( &:lol:
    Sorry to hear about that spine, hope they fix it up and buy a shit load of more time.
    Hilarious about your GOAT Hit. Had a few close to that, but no complete black out.
    Anyone take their nano on a cruise ship?
    I'm thinking nano body in the shave kit, cord with all the electronics, and just a gong used as a shorty stashed anywhere except my bum. Omni is coming, but feel a back up/change of pace might be nice.

22. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Sounds like a good plan. I would definitely want some herbage if I was on a nice cruise. However if I was taking a cruise, I'd need to take a plane to the ship. I'd be too worried about getting the shit through the airport security. But if I were to try it, I'd go with a cleaned out nano or Air and some cleaned glass. Or maybe a new vapcap, like one of the original $20 glass ones.

Then there's getting the herb itself through security. I wouldn't want that in my bum either. :o

Vaponly, Hjalmark, SloJimFizz and 2 others like this.
  23. pxl_jockey

Thanks @SloJimFizz I appreciate it. When I met the neurosurgeon, he seemed absolutely bored with the whole thing so that is always a good sign IME. Although I've fractured vertebrae on 3 occasions, this has been something else. To be able to sit, stand and walk pain-free seems like a pipe dream but that's what the man said.

I concur with your plan for the sea voyage, that's exactly how I flew international with mine, just split into 3 areas. I also second the notion that kiestering the gong is a step too far. But I respect any differing opinions and viewpoints. I definitely like the Nano as your reserve, when you want/need more oomph. Or if it's too windy on deck for the Omni. To ease your mind and keep Mrs Fizz happy, I would suggest a Smoke Buddy Jr. I've used my Nano with one in quite a few hotel bathrooms; it's cheap, very small and effective. Hope you two have a lovely vacation! And I hope all in Nanoland has a wonderful evening, night or morning wherever you might be. Please take an extra draw or three for me, won't ya?

Vaponly, Hjalmark, SloJimFizz and 3 others like this.
  24. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

More likely a slightly disconnected wire than a short. For a short to happen, two wires that should be held apart by insulation must come in contact. It's more likely that a wire gets disconnected or ripped than coming to a contact with the second wire with the plastic in between them.
    A short would also make a lot of heat where it happen and could smoke and melt something there.
    A short could also blow the fuse in your home if its significant.
    Anyway, if you can't/don't want to send it in for a repair, I believe it should be easy to repair by yourself.
    Just buy a replacement cord, cut the connector out, strip and expose the 2 wires at the end like this:
    https://cdn.instructables.com/FJ3/XUFF/GXL5UML9/FJ3XUFFGXL5UML9.MEDIUM.jpg
    Then open the bottom of the nano and replace and put it back together.

But make sure first that it's the cord where the disconnect is located. It could also be disconnected in the base of the nano, and the cord might be okay. Try bending/pressing the cord at all the palces and observe if it reacts somewhere. If it does, then you can be sure it's the cord where the disconnection is.

Also if you find the fault in the cord very near the vape (which is most likely as it bend most in there), you can just cut it right there and strip and reconnect and you won't need a new replacement one. It will be just a little shorter.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    baxter, Vaponly, Hjalmark and 2 others like this.
  25. pxl_jockey

Dude, I discussed this very situation 2 pages back on p.789 mid-page. I'm not going to let you trick me into quoting myself so you'll have to find it! :haw: Even though your Nano is hard-wired it's probably similar. If you're not inclined to DIY, then I believe EpicVape will happily sort it for a modest fee. They really like to help their people and PMing @ACE OF VAPE (The Creator) here is probably the best route to happiness! I just love owning vapes made by people who are active members of the FC community and proudly use their products every day just like me. Check out my post and best wishes whatever course of action you choose!

Vaponly, SloJimFizz, BigJr48 and 2 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors