1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ACE OF VAPE

ACE OF VAPE Vape outside the box Manufacturer

I will be showing the E-Nano to the world as an exhibitor at CHAMPS in Las Vegas this week. Stop by booth #2420 and say 'HI'. Also if anybody is interested in being a 'Brand Ambassador' and help getting the Nano into your favorite head shop let me know. Yes, I will be offering commissions.

2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Some great posts in the last page or so to the member who just got their Enano.

I tend to agree with @CarolKing and @flotntoke on most things Enano related.

I have my baskets set for about a .05 g load. I get three good draws from it and stir usually only once. Just depends on how the load looks, might stir again. Since I take the stem off of the heater after every hit and put it into a stand (think chunk of 2 x 4 with a hole in it) the stirring doesn't seem to bother me while I would object to a portable that required that much stirring.

I also run between 6 - 6.5 on the dial, but as has been noted often, these are analog rheostats and are not precision devices so temp for a given setting may be very slightly different from unit to unit.

In one area, @CarolKing don't seem to agree. I also have an EVO, love it, and don't worry about the bamboo breaking. But I love my Enano and it gets a lot of use. In particular, I medicate for pain and sleep and will on bad days leave the nano plugged in over night for a very quick 2 am session so as to be able to go back to sleep. Can't easily do that with many vapes.

As to the cord, it would be nice if they offered a much more pliable cord (think Apple power cords) with a better rheostat but what they do supply works. It can just get a bit awkward. I got one of these and put it downstream of the rheostat and it keeps the damn thing from constantly sliding off of the table which did annoy me a good bit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A3N44EG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  3. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

To be honest the Malaana took the place in line where my EVO was. I use my Enano the most. Usually I have it on 24/7. I like that the Enano is small and the ease of use plus it's not difficult to maintain. I like the vapor taste it provides and accessories aren't expensive with the Enano either. I leave it on the table out all the time. It just blends in with its surroundings. I use cannabis for medical as well as recreational.

I don't disagree, we just have different needs. Do what works for you. We may have different opinions but we agree on one thing in this thread that the Andy provides us with a log vape that gives us awesome flavor from our fav flower. No bells and whistles but very dependable and something beautiful to look at.

Edit
    @Baron23
    No, I hope I didn't come across as being argumentative either, just we all are different. We seem to agree more than disagree.;) all opinions are welcome. We are all looking for the same thing but sometimes in a different way is all. It's not like politics, if you know what I mean.:lol::tup:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  4. Baron23

Hi Carol - gee, I sure hope that my mentioning that we differed a bit on the EVO did not come across as my confronting you or being argumentative. I completely agree....we are many and varied and we do both love the Enano.

Cheers and best wishes.

5. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

I just recently acquired a used enano through here and I love it. I'm just starting to scan through these postings and from my own experience I'm in agreement that 6.5 is an ideal temp, for me.
    I'm using a glass stem with its permanent honeycomb (think it's called) screen and I'll eventually get some extra accessories for it. I have a bit of a log vape collection - a HI, Underdog air core, CRZ, PD, MZ. There's no "better" - they're all slightly different with different characteristics and all of value.

This might sound strange but the one vaporizer that the enano reminds of is the SSV because of the huge milky clouds I get. But it's more comfortable and less cumbersome to use and there's also no or little risk of igniting the product... which I have experienced with the SSV more than once. So I'm digging it immensely.

I'm sure everybody does this but I don't recall reading about it - during a session after a few hits you can see that the load is no longer fluffy but flattened and down. Along with stirring with a whip stir tool I do add extra bud to the load - one or two fingertip's worth. Also, when the glass is cooled I'll put my fingertip over the tip and give it a robust shake as well.

Really excellent vaporizer...

6. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

Has anyone been able to find a way to measure the temperature of the air hitting the load, or of the hottest part of the load, while the air is being pulled through it?

Vaponly and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  7. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes The map is not the territory

Someone sure did, quite some time ago:

jbwan, Prolusio, CarolKing and 7 others like this.
  8. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

That's awesome! I wish I had one of those therm probe GonG adaptors.

Don't E-Nano's vary in temp based on both the outlet they are plugged into (possible even the time of day), and the ambient temperature? The air being pulled over the heater is from the room, so pulling 80F air over the heater vs 65F air should give a different reading, no?

unsorted and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  9. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Yep! nanos are sensitive to power fluctuations and ambient temps. Fortunately they're very minor and well within the power nano can provide to overcome them.

I haven't had any issues with time of day, really. Ambient temp shifts of 20-25F will require a turn of the dial of about 1/4 of one full number in the appropriate direction. Different power in can also require a nudge one way or the other - especially for extension cords, surge suppressors and poorly wired homes/overloaded circuits. But, once you get right setting for your particular situation/receptacle it stays constant.

10. throwawaytre3s

throwawaytre3s Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're enjoying your new-to-you enano. It definitely changed my idea of what vaporization could be. I've owned it the longest of any of my vapes and I have to say it's held up the best!

11. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

Snow day = enano day.
    Win win!!

12. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

It has been a snow day since 2002! (retired)

13. Baron23

Makes perfect sense to me as I run about 6.25 - 6.5 and that's right at the temp ranges I run my temp reporting vapes at.

Thanks for reposting this info :tup::clap::nod:

FreddieFresh and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  14. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

It's really well designed and well made. I like it's shorter warm up time (I'm used to 45 minutes with the PD, etc.) Another thing that I like about it is the slightly narrower radius of the stem; it provides I think a more comfortable yet massive hit. I haven't yet read through all the pages but from my end I find that about 15 minutes is suitable for warmup.

What about keeping it on all night? Is that a good or bad idea?

15. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

You will find many folks that let their Nano stay plugged in 24/7, I don't because of a pet/safety concern.

16. CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr Well-Known Member

how do you all use your aromatop?
    I just put straight essential oils with no water. Do you all add water? seems like I just get more sizzle than increased vapor with added water and easier to spill

flotntoke and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  17. Vapor_Eyes

I don't have the aromatherapy cup but I know some people like to add plain beeswax to their essential oils. Once it melts and then cools back down there is no risk of spilling since the wax solidifies again.

18. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

I had the pleasure of meeting Andy at the Champs show this week. He's a very cool dude.:cool: I couldn't resist and picked up a sweet piece for a bargain price. Thanks Andy!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:peace:

19. Baron23

Looks like very nice tiger stripe maple....no??

20. CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr Well-Known Member

I love the sound of that but the number of times I have spilled straight essential oils makes we way too skittish to put beeswax. Essential oil will evaporate off spilled on the enano but beeswax sounds like a time consuming disaster. I even think patchouli or something thick and pungent like that might need a long long burnoff. I wonder if it isn't so much of a problem though?
    Now I just put 60-75 drops of mixed oils and that reduces over a few days to a week. I top it off for awhile and then just dump it when it gets too old and dark.

flotntoke and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  21. dgmulf

dgmulf Well-Known Member

When using the dry stem, how does the E-nano rank with respect to the temperature of the vapor by the time it hits your lungs? There is a fairly short and direct path from the heating element to your mouth, so I'd be worried about harsh vapor; how much of a problem is this?

The main reason I'm in the market for a vape is to save my lungs from the damage of smoking, so I want to make sure I do it right.

Vapor_Eyes, ArthurJ and flotntoke like this.
  22. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

@dgmulf Has a dial for temp and you can get a gong to whip adapter and have the length and temp you prefer.

23. dgmulf

dgmulf Well-Known Member

Sweet, I had no idea you could use a whip! I'm so glad this forum is friendly to noobs like me, haha. I'm officially sold on the E-nano, I'm ordering one tonight. Now do I splurge on a premium finish, or not? Hmm...

24. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

First off @djmulf, welcome to the nano site. My favorite thread in the whole FC.

Finish is a matter of preference. Whatever you like, go for it. They all work equally well. I have a standard walnut and that works just fine for me. Snappo offers some beautiful exotic blanks that Andy can turn into a nano.

Some things worth considering. If you want to make sure that you get a cool hit then you have a few options. Some folks just use the dry stem as is and have no issues. I tend to prefer a cooler hit with some moisture so not to dry out my throat. The accessory section of the epic site has glass gongs in either the 14mm or 18mm size. Once you match one to some glass that you have or may chose to have then you are all set! Great big cool hits. I prefer the adjustable gongs over fixed screen, plus they are cheaper.

Another option is one of the these.
    http://www.dhgate.com/product/pinna...=edm|auto|auto_shipping_2017|browse1|20170210

Very basic, small bubbler but I find it so compact and easy to use with my nano. You can also check out the "cheap glass bubbler" thread for some great options for some larger bubblers.

I would also recommend a 5 pack of basket screens and maybe a spare power cord. I have had my spare for a few years now and have never used it, but if something were to go wrong, 95% of the time it would be the cord. Worth it for me.

Also, FCLOVE will get you free shipping.

Enjoy. Welcome to the group.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  25. Vapor_Eyes

Get the premium finish, you will be giving your E-Nano loving glances for a long time so spend a little extra now.

If you want to cool the vapor and stay dry you might want to look into a cheap j-hook and a matching 14mm or 18mm GonG. I like 14mm for the simple fact that using a 18-14mm reducer is more elegant than using a 14-18mm expander. A lot of people prefer 18mm.

http://dankstop.com/accessories/gla...-adapters/grav-labs-14mm-18mm-j-hook-adapter/

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors