1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. STLCrafty

STLCrafty Member

I just got a $300 gift card to buy a nano. I'm going with one of the exotics. What are the must have accessories for a new nano owner? I don't have any glass to use it with at this time.

2. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Excellent decision.

Well, it depends if you ever plan on using a bubbler with it. If so, then you would want to get a gong or two. They sell them in 14 and 18mm and also in fixed or adjustable screen versions. I like the adjustable. They are cheaper and are more, well, adjustable. :) Whatever type, I'd buy two so you have a backup. Stoner fingers will drop them occasionally. I wish they came with little parachutes.

I much prefer to vape through water, but others rather use a stem. If you like stems, then a backup one of those would work. The nano comes with one already and again, I prefer the adjustable screens.

Then a 5 pack of extra basket screens (on the 2nd page of the assessories section) and also a backup power cord.

Beyond that that, it would up to your needs. Some like to get the stand so the nano doesn't fall off the counter. I don't have a stand but need to be careful. Best wishes and welcome to the group! Ask any questions you'd like here.

BTW, "FCLOVE" in the promo code will get you free shipping.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  3. STLCrafty

STLCrafty Member

Thanks for the tips. That code is awesome.

4. Maitri

Maitri Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist

Huh, interesting. Thanks! :) Why do you recommend an extra power cord?

5. justvapin

justvapin Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer

The power cord is a common point of failure. Should the Nano fail, that is the first thing to do.....swap out the cord and see if it works.

6. BabyFacedFinster

Exactly. Now I have had my nano for a few years. I can't leave it plugged in all the time so I plug it in, use it, unplug the cord, wrap it up and stow it every single day. I have yet to have an issue with the cord or any part for that matter. Knock on wood, it has been a reliable vape for many folks. But if it didn't light up one day, the power cord would be the first to check. Without one handy, you would have to first order one, wait for it to come, then try it to see if you then need to send it in for warranty work or not. Worth having an extra.

7. nomadicsoul34

nomadicsoul34 Active Member

apologies if this has already been posted. I cant check through as im about to rush out.
    Epic vape has a sale on gift cards right now - $200 card for $160 or $300 for $210

If anyone was thinking about buying one i suggest buying yourself a gift card a using it to buy an E-nano! Spend the change on some lovely herb.

https://epicvape.com/product-category/gift-cards/

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    Vapor_Eyes, ACE OF VAPE and CHIDOY like this.
  8. BabyFacedFinster

I recently picked up the 14mm gong and have been pairing it with one of those little $20 hydrotubes from the sunshine store. Dudes and Dudettes, I have been blowing some serious clouds.

No fear with herb touching the heater screen. I have mine set at 6.5. Sometimes I fill the gong with enough herb so that the heater presses the herb into a puck. No burn nothing. Other times, I put just a few flakes of herb in and it flops back and forth in the space between the screen and heater. Less is more, but sometimes you get too much in there and its a pain in the ass to flick some out. So you just stuff its fat ass down in there.

Beef jerky time :razz:

9. STLCrafty

STLCrafty Member

Has anyone ever purchased a gift card from Epic. I paid for one Wednesday and I haven't received it yet. I'm not worried about never receiving it. It was not posted that they have to process a gift card order. I have emailed and calledEpic to inquire but have received no reply. I have my cart filled up on their website with my nano and accessories. I'm getting a little antsy in the pantsy since I decided to FINALLY purchase one!

copilot, CarolKing and CHIDOY like this.
  10. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

EpicVape and most other vendors will be closed until Tuesday if you need any emails answered. Unless Andy drops by and you give him a PM.
    Wouldn't it be an electronic gift card? I don't know just a guess on my part. This is the first time ive noticed the gift cards. Maybe they had this before?

Watching the Huskies get beaten by the Alabama team. It's pretty bad. My husband gave up he's out doing little projects now.

Using the Nano and some LA Confidential, a real bargain to bootl. Never seen it that cheap at the WA state cannabis shops, end of the year sales. I'm filling up on popcorn right now. Realized I hadn't eaten all day. No wonder I was light headed.

It's suppose to snow maybe. Kinda excited. My husband loves the snow. I made sure I was stocked up from the great weed sales.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Vapor_Eyes, Vaponly, CHIDOY and 6 others like this.
  11. copilot

copilot Member

Same boat here. Thought since they were delivered electronically that it would be instant. Wish they would post that they were effectively closed for the holidays if that's the case.

CHIDOY and STLCrafty like this.
  12. Sketch420

Sketch420 Member

Ya that makes 3 of us. Kinda a bummer as I would've like to get it ordered on the new year. But hopefully all will be fine tomorrow.

CHIDOY and STLCrafty like this.
  13. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I would have liked to see some directions on how to use the gift cards personally myself. I didn't order one. I went to Epics website and saw them still there but nothing on how to use them.

Did you guys get any numbers when ordering the gift cards? Maybe you would use it like any other credit card. Is there a place to click on an Epicvape gift card when ordering merchandise? I'm in the dark here just thinking out loud.

When you can't order something and you have to wait it can be frustrating. Hang in there it will be worth the wait. You will get answers tomorrow.

Edit
    When you order something and use your name maybe the gift card in your account will automatically kick in?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Vapor_Eyes, Vaponly and STLCrafty like this.
  14. STLCrafty

STLCrafty Member

My order says processing on their website. I figured it would've been instant as well. The anticipation is killing me! I would love to have it by the weekend.

Vapor_Eyes, Sketch420 and CHIDOY like this.
  15. copilot

copilot Member

When you check out, there is an option to enter a gift card code. I assume this code is probably what you wait for by email.

Vapor_Eyes and CarolKing like this.
  16. CHIDOY

CHIDOY Well-Known Member

Got my gift card today via email! Ordered my Nano right away! Can't wait! I know it's going to be..... EPIC!

17. STLCrafty

STLCrafty Member

Ordered mine too!

18. ACE OF VAPE

ACE OF VAPE Vape outside the box Manufacturer

It's still available I haven't posted it on the website yet. PM me if you still want it.

We did have a problem with the plug-in for the gift cards, it's been sorted out now.

19. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Cheers Andy. I actually picked up one of your gift cards and just ordered a Maple Burl exotic so I'm good for now :) haha this will be my third Nano. I love them!

20. BabyFacedFinster

I am so enamored with my cheap Pinnacle pro hydrotube knock-off that I just ordered a back-up one.

It works so very well with the nano. I would recommend to anyone looking for a little added moisture to their vapor. Particularly if you need to keep your set-up small. I have to put it all away each night and the larger bubbler was getting cumbersome. These are very easy to use and the clouds are so massive with nice flavor. No carb needed as it lifts off the gong so easily with the slight lift of your thumbnail in order to clear the piece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydro-Tube-...830567?hash=item2376040627:g:FvEAAOSw44BYGn2n

I bought the first one from the sunshine store. For 20 bucks they are much thicker glass than I was expecting. They sit fairly steady on a counter-top, but you could see how someone could knock it over easily. A place for it in a nano stand would be awesome.

Drop one of these on a nano with a Epic 14mm gong and you're in business baby.

Anyway, just a suggestion. :spliff:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  21. Sketch420

Sketch420 Member

Just ordered a crotch walnut enano. Can't wait for this little unit. Need a good desktop, portables converted me to FC, but a unit that's ready to go would be nice. Now the wait :clap:

22. CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr Well-Known Member

you don't get any spillage turning the gong upside down like that?
    You hold the gong in your hand to stir?

Vapor_Eyes and BabyFacedFinster like this.
  23. BabyFacedFinster

So after loading the gong, I flip the nano upside down and insert it into the gong, then flip the whole thing right side up and add the hydrotube. Most times the herb stays put anyway, but if some tried to fall out it would land on the heater screen that has already been inserted.

I have mentioned in previous posts that I set my nano to 6.5 mostly and have never had the heater burn or char my herb. Many times the heater will actually pack down the load when inserted and while a piece or two might stick to the heater when removed, it has never done any harm. I believe the idea of herb getting too close to the heater and charring it is a fallacy, unless maybe you have it turned up to screech.

When you are either done vaping or wish to stir, I remove the hydrotube and flip the whole set up upside down first before removing the gong. This is only precautionary because the vaped load is generally stuck in the gong until I scrape or blow it out. Every now and then a little herb will settle in the nano's metal cavity area and I just wipe it out.

I had the same concern initially but it has proven to work like a charm.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  24. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Depends much on your particular nano and heat setting. 1 of mine will always char if hitting around 6.5 like this. The other two, not so much. But, still a much more roasty experience than I like.

I greatly prefer that little bit of air space in there. If I overload and feel the heater hit the load, I immediately pull it, blow the screen clean, and give the load a good push with one of my tampers to give a little clearance.

Vaponly, BabyFacedFinster and mucsusn like this.
  25. justvapin

justvapin Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer

One of mine chars every time at just under 6.0.....the load doesn't even have to be touching the screen. Definitely not a fallacy.

Think I'll plug up my other one and see if it is doing this. Don't remember if it does or not.

Edit: So I pulled out my first Nano, and plugged it into the same cord I was already using, in the same power outlet.
    Allowed to heat for a good hour. Loaded up a stem, and barely got any vapor at the same temp setting (a hair below 6.0)......turned up to 6.5 and got good vapor and no charring.

Each Nano definitely has it's own heat signature, at least in my experience.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors